PDA

View Full Version : best chance/way for getting a ccw in los angeles

MR_Reaper
04-27-2011, 3:52 PM
i have purchased a Beretta 92 FS recently and i am trying to get a CCW for it and well main reason is for self defence ofcourse but i have lots of other good reasons too one is i have been shot at by some one that was trying to rob my store and he fired at me 3 times. ive heard that in order to get a ccw you need a very good reason for it but i need a bit more help in how i need to get it. please if you guys can give me some help on this it will mean alot to me. thx alot

POLICESTATE
04-27-2011, 3:57 PM
Win election for mayor? Or become a judge or a LEO I suppose. I don't think they give them out to anyone else there in LA land.

MR_Reaper
04-27-2011, 3:59 PM
WOW are you serious?

Zonie
04-27-2011, 4:54 PM
i have purchased a Beretta 92 FS recently and i am trying to get a CCW for it and well main reason is for self defence ofcourse but i have lots of other good reasons too one is i have been shot at by some one that was trying to rob my store and he fired at me 3 times. ive heard that in order to get a ccw you need a very good reason for it but i need a bit more help in how i need to get it. please if you guys can give me some help on this it will mean alot to me. thx alot

I don't think you need a permit to carry a concealed weapon within your own place of business.

zod
04-27-2011, 5:28 PM
You can also become an actor and pay millions for one. ;) Things are slowly changing, but it will be a long while. Good luck on your quest.

Kodemonkey
04-27-2011, 5:37 PM
I don't think you need a permit to carry a concealed weapon within your own place of business.

If it is private property and you have permission of the owner, you can carry concealed (or openly if you desire - but not sure why you would want to do that). You don't need a CCW

As for getting a CCW in LA, make a major contribution ($10K+ maybe on the order of $50K) to the local sheriff or become a "privileged" law enforcement officer. Pretty much your only way.

760knox
04-27-2011, 5:40 PM
Work for a high profile individual and then maybe....

MR_Reaper
04-28-2011, 3:05 PM
all you guys thanks so much for your help and well seems like the way the laws are for ccw in LA county right now i wont be able to get a ccw right now . i guess ima have to wait but thx for all ur help