PDA

View Full Version : Sac County laws...

natedogg1777
11-22-2006, 8:42 AM
I've noticed that a lot of people won't ship ammo to Sacramento County, are there local laws that I don't know about? Where can I find this information?...thanks!

762cavalier
11-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Nate - there are no laws in Sacramento against ammo shipment but I think West Sacramento has a local ordinance banning ammo shipments. Most online retailers rather than figuring out which is which just decide to not sell to anyone. The funny thing is West Sac is in a different county, but you can have ammo shipped to Citrus Heights,Orangevale,Folsom, or Elkgrove all of which are in the same county and unseparated from eachother except for city limit signs:rolleyes:
Irks the crap out of me because I happen to live right on the edge of elk grove and Sac. I have an elk grove phone # I'm in Elk grove school district, but I have a Sacramento address:mad:

Yeemix
11-22-2006, 2:20 PM
From what I've experienced, it seems like most places won't ship ammunition into city limits, but right outside the limits work fine. I think it's more of a business to business preference.

11-22-2006, 2:35 PM
Silly isn't it? I live in Folsom and never have a problem and I'm in Sac county. Unfortunately the antigun types win in this instance by simply confusing the issues so much that we can't even act legally.

natedogg1777
11-24-2006, 12:06 AM
thanks guys...I figured it had more to do with ignorance on the part of some vendors than it did actually violating county ordinances.

natedogg1777
11-24-2006, 12:08 AM
That being said...who DOES ship ammo into Cali, Sac county specifically?

cheaperthandirt.com has some great prices, but they don't ship to Sac County. I just bought some "canned heat" from Georgia Arms, I've heard good stuff about their reloads.

sargenv
11-24-2006, 6:59 AM
Might want to check with Outdoor Marksmen's Mart based in OR. They are the selling arm of Miwall ammo but they also sell other factory brands as well. I've had great luck with them and they tend to ship same day if you get your order in early enough. It usually takes 2-3 days to get to the Bay area.

Vince

762cavalier
11-24-2006, 7:44 AM
Also Ammoman.com will ship here. J&G sales in AZ will also ship. And If you have a C&R license Century will ship.
You can also find a friend who does not live in Sacramento(like the aforementioned Elk Grove,Folsom etc) and have it delivered to their address.;)

Yeemix
11-24-2006, 11:51 AM
I used to hit up AIM, but they recently stopped shipping to Sac. Ammoman is my main site at the moment for cheap rounds.

arguy15
11-24-2006, 1:50 PM
J and G ships to SAC. there shipping is cheap to being that they are in AZ.

Meaneng
11-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Midwayusa has shipped ammo to me in Folsom - no problems (yet).

762cavalier
11-25-2006, 1:46 PM
Midwayusa has shipped ammo to me in Folsom - no problems

Thats because you live in Folsom. They won't ship to me because I'm in Sacramento:rolleyes:

JimAmentler
11-25-2006, 2:28 PM
Like several others have mentioned, Ammoman.com is excellent. Great customer service as well.