PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Arms and shipping off-roster handguns

gofast
04-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Has anyone ever ordered an off roster handgun online and just had it sent to Valkyrie Arms for single shot conversion.

I would like to know because I have asked Valkyrie Arms about ordering a Ruger SR1911 and they said they could not order it.:(

If I order it from Impact Guns and have it sent to Valkyrie Arms, what problems could I have other than waiting for Valkyrie to perform the conversion? Is it illegal to knowingly purchase an off roster handgun even if I don't take possession until it has been converted?

NorCal Einstein
04-26-2011, 10:20 PM
It's not a matter of just ordering the gun. The whole issue is with the conversion pieces to get it into a SSE state. It seems like at this time they do not have the conversion parts for the SR1911.

Basically...any combination of SR1911, Impact Guns, Valkyrie Arms, and You...will result in the same thing, a no-go for now.

Cyc Wid It
04-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Isn't it the same as any other 1911? They probably just don't have a distributor who has them in stock, but if you ordered it elsewhere it's probably fine. You can buy something and have it held at the FFL until parts become available, that is legal.

tonelar
04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
The only one who can really answer your question is Valkyrie.

Did they say they "could not" or "would not" order a sr1911?

Contact them and ASK them BEFORE ordering the Ruger.

gofast
04-26-2011, 10:36 PM
I have called them and they told me their distributor could not get the Ruger SR1911. As for conversion parts it should be the same as any other 1911 which they do a lot.

I do plan on double checking with them before having the Ruger sent to them.

subrosa
04-26-2011, 10:38 PM
The only one who can really answer your question is Valkyrie.

Did they say they "could not" or "would not" order a sr1911?

Contact them and ASK them BEFORE ordering the Ruger.

They can do a lot, but you really should clear it with one of the main guys before moving forward. The kids/receptionists are not really in the know most the time.

I am also interested in one, so I might ask when I am next in the shop. They have had some odd Ruger's in the shop so I think they can order from the Ruger product line.

GW
04-26-2011, 10:43 PM
The real problem is getting one shipped to Valkyrie
Check with Tim, Felipe or Javier before you order.
They are usually very accommodating but if there is some other factor they are aware of that makes them decide against doing it then please respect their decision

gofast
04-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Anybody know a better way to get in contact with Tim, Felipe, or Javier? I visited the shop personally (crazy busy on Wednesday) and the guy I interacted with at the counter didn't even seem sure how to order anything. So then I called and left my information and request and that is when I was told about their distributor not being able to order the SR1911.

Joe
04-26-2011, 10:56 PM
I want one of those bad boys

gef
05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
I want one of those bad boys

Yes as do I.

1911RONIN
05-18-2011, 10:39 AM
try TableRock in Oregon

Colt-45
05-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Anybody know a better way to get in contact with Tim, Felipe, or Javier? I visited the shop personally (crazy busy on Wednesday) and the guy I interacted with at the counter didn't even seem sure how to order anything. So then I called and left my information and request and that is when I was told about their distributor not being able to order the SR1911.

Wednesdays are their BUSIEST days. Try saturday or sunday before closing time.

karlb
05-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Valkyrie Arms vendors/distributors are out of stock of the Ruger sr1911's there is no ETA on when they will have them in for Valkyrie to order.The sr1911 is a wanted item since its release.It is the same as any other 1911 and the single shot is not a problem,it's just a matter of being in stock and ordering it.

Now if you find it else where and they are willing to ship to VA or California period then i'm sure VA would accept the transfer.VA will accommodate but whose to say the other end will,and it looks that impact guns is on backorder as well.

12voltguy
05-18-2011, 12:42 PM
try TableRock in Oregon

i am using them now, great place!

Valkyrie Arms vendors/distributors are out of stock of the Ruger sr1911's there is no ETA on when they will have them in for Valkyrie to order.The sr1911 is a wanted item since its release.It is the same as any other 1911 and the single shot is not a problem,it's just a matter of being in stock and ordering it.

Now if you find it else where and they are willing to ship to VA or California period then i'm sure VA would accept the transfer.VA will accommodate but whose to say the other end will,and it looks that impact guns is on backorder as well.

ton 4sale on GB, not hard to find at all...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=230447791

karlb
05-18-2011, 12:47 PM
If he chooses to go that route that is not a problem,Valkyrie is willing to accept the transfer and perform the SSE conversion as long as the other party is willing to do the transfer if outside of California.

microwaveguy
05-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Might as well add me to the list of wanting one :D

bwiese
05-21-2011, 11:31 PM
I think the biggest issue is *availability* of the guns....

Colt-45
05-21-2011, 11:34 PM
I think the biggest issue is *availability* of the guns....

+1

You cannot ship something that has not yet arrived.

On my part Valkyrie Arms has always delivered.

jonzer77
05-21-2011, 11:41 PM
A lot of places will not ship a non roster gun to california regardless of the single shot exemption so that is another factor.

NorCal Einstein
05-22-2011, 12:14 AM
They are a manufacture though, I would think any reservations about shipping to California would go away when you ship to a 07.

Rocket Man
05-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Many gun shops sell non roster guns to LEO's, ya I know he's not a LEO but it's normal for an out of state shop to sell to a FFL - it's when us peasants request them they wig out.

SJgunguy24
05-22-2011, 6:18 AM
They are a manufacture though, I would think any reservations about shipping to California would go away when you ship to a 07.

There you go....Thinking and using that common sense:rolleyes:

To the OP, make sure you verify with whomever you buy that Ruger from that they will in fact ship to CA. There was already one "misunderstanding" with a customer who didn't, and it was a mess.
If they will ship, and it's not an AW, we will do the transfer.

Cyc Wid It
05-22-2011, 2:19 PM
All this fuss over Ruger 1911's...

Colt-45
05-22-2011, 3:05 PM
All this fuss over Ruger 1911's...

That's what I'm thinking.......

Noah3683
05-22-2011, 3:27 PM
It seems to be a really nice 1911 for the price. It will give Springlfield a run for it's money outside of CA lol. I would get one, but won't jump through the hoops just to have the newest 1911 here. Easier to get a SA or S&W instead