PDA

View Full Version : Hoops & Such

khrono
04-26-2011, 8:31 PM
So I'm going to get right into it. I want to purchase an XDm 45 online and have them ship to a FFL. My questions are: do I have to go though the single shot conversion to obtain it? Is the magazine considered a rebuild kit if I have them ship the magazine disassembled and I rebuild it permanently pinned off (it seems weird because this gun is so new)? and finally if I do carry out these steps am I missing anything that will get me into trouble?

Thanks for the help.

Ubermcoupe
04-26-2011, 8:54 PM
It will have to be shipped to a special ffl (an 07 type). They can perform the SS process and DROS for you. You pick up after 10 days and convert back. What is your location? Knowing that we can direct you to a local SS conversion willing/able ffl to help you through the process. :D

EDIT: Consult this CGN Thread (http://mobile.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692) for more explanation.

khrono
04-26-2011, 9:51 PM
I'm actually quite close to Valkyrie Arms. I visited their store a few days ago and they had this gun for a really high price. I guess now I know they are charging for more than just the gun. Thanks