View Full Version : I need help on an older gun

04-26-2011, 6:15 PM
I have a Savage Anshutz .22 long rifle. My dad had it for years. I tore the whole gun apart because it wasnt working. I found that the whole safty assembly needs to be replaced, my question is where can I find the parts for it? Savage and Anshutz are no longer the same company and havent been for years. .I have looked online and have been having trouble finding them. If anyone has any links or websites that I could order the parts from I would greatly appreciate it.

04-26-2011, 6:25 PM
Sounds like a serious project..good luck..post pics of what is broken..might help.

04-26-2011, 6:43 PM
Give them a try: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

04-27-2011, 7:49 AM
Post the parts you need in the Savage forum at rimfirecentral.com. I give it 60 seconds for an answer. They never were the same company BTW. :)

04-27-2011, 7:10 PM
I will post pictures of it soon. I just got done re finishing the stock. As far as the parts that are boken. Well I went back through it today and the whole safety assembly is missing causing the bolt to not lock in. It is also not allowing to let the firing pin go forward I do believe this is do to the safety assembly missing because I tore the trigger assembly apart and nothing is wrong with it. Still searching for the parts. All places I have looked either don't carry them or are sold out. The weapon itself is about 3 times older than me so parts are very hard to find so far.

04-30-2011, 3:35 PM
When you look in Numrichs site its found in the anshutz area. DR