PDA

View Full Version : Who owns a Sentry 14 gun safe?

Ryan HBC
11-21-2006, 7:10 PM
I bought a Sentry from Costco a while back, and I need some more shelves for it. I called Sentry and they said they sell them for $10, but are out of stock with no eta.

Does anyone have a similar safe with shelves they are not using? I'd be happy to buy them from you. They consist of some 9" x 10.75" particle board covered in black fabric with 4 little metal clips that hold them in place.

See the attached picture. Thanks in advance!

Nismo
11-24-2006, 7:53 PM
I simply made my own shelf.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/404353.jpg

The SoCal Gunner
02-24-2007, 4:01 AM
Bringing up an own thread but is this the same 14-gun safe from Walmart? Can someone post a model number? I'm trying to decide between the Walmart G4211 vs. the Lowes model E5251. The Walmart one doesn't show any adjustable shelving for accessories or pistols which I want.

gibbygoo
12-09-2007, 8:48 PM
Bringing up an own thread but is this the same 14-gun safe from Walmart? Can someone post a model number? I'm trying to decide between the Walmart G4211 vs. the Lowes model E5251. The Walmart one doesn't show any adjustable shelving for accessories or pistols which I want.
same question

Moonclip
12-09-2007, 9:02 PM
Sorry I think I threw them away and like one broke. I'll take a look around though.

The SoCal Gunner
12-10-2007, 12:18 AM
same question

Thread from the dead.

I ended up buying the one from Home Depot using the Lowe's 10% discount. They are the same minus the adjustable shelving. I used wood from an old desk and bought some felt and made my own shelves (though they are a bit uneven).

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/lilxboi/Sentry%20Safe/4-3-07-019.jpg

rue
12-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I was too going to get one of those brand safes from Lowe's or Walmart but I have since changed my mind after visiting a safe store. They had a couple against the wall that had been broken into and a video where someone broke into one in like 30 seconds.
I'd be looking for an upgrade asap if I had one of those safes.
Those shelfs are pretty good looking though BTW.

hitman13
12-10-2007, 10:33 PM
why take up safe space with ammo? i never really got that concept.

only ammo i have in my safe is in the loaded guns. to each their own though...

The SoCal Gunner
12-10-2007, 11:29 PM

Because I don't have enough guns to fill up the space.

RossRinSD
12-11-2007, 4:44 PM

I keep my preban regular capacity magazines loaded and in the safe. It would really suck to lose those... I can replace guns.

7.62 FMJ
12-11-2007, 7:57 PM

My safes are also loaded with ammo, and lots of it. If someone tries to torch them open they won't get too far.:D

Rumpled
12-11-2007, 9:26 PM
When I first got my safe it had some ammo in it.
Now, I've run out of room for longuns, (only room for about 2 or three handguns).

It's sooo much easier sneaking a gun past the wife than a new safe!