PDA

View Full Version : New Hammer and Disconnecter in CZ P-01 + "How To" Video

eclipse
04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I thought I would share my thoughts and findings about a new hammer and disconnecter I installed on my CZ P01. The hammer and disconnecter were purchased from an member over at czforumsite.info for $78 + shipping. You can see some of the differences in the bellow photos where some points have been shaved down. I am not the first person to receive these parts, there are other members who have had this kit in their CZ's for some time and are reporting excellent results. So I decided to give it a try.

I know that CZ Custom has their $185 jobs to improve trigger pull, but I thought I would try and save $100 and do some learning about my gun in the process.

Despite what I have read about the difficulty in disassembling the CZ decocker models, I found it quite easy. The only other experience I have with working on guns is installing the Apex DCAEK in my M&P45. In my opinion, performing the work on the CZ was not any harder.

Once I had the gun apart, I also did some polishing. I did not remove any metal or do any sanding of any kind. Simply made some parts much shinier than before, which I think also helped.

So the results: Absolutely amazing SA pull!! I am still using the 21lb mainspring so the pull seems to be around 4lbs (using milk jug to gauge trigger pull). It is an awesome smooth crisp break without all the creep and grittiness as before. The DA is also much better and is a slightly shorter pull, however I think the main difference and reason to get this kit is for the much improved SA pull. I have not yet shot the gun, only done dry firing. I plan on making it to the range sometime this week and can report back.

"How To" video finished and posted on youtube! This is probly not the best video, I have never done one before and do not have the correct setup. However, hopefully this will still help some people.

Y7CF7LWOH1c

The first picture is the new hammer and disconnecter. The bottom picture is the original hammer and disconnecter on the left and new ones on the right.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/joelkuch/newhammer.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/joelkuch/newandold-1.jpg

If you go onto czforumsite, schmeky is selling these kits and is really good about answering questions. I am not affiliated with him at all, just really happy about his product. Thanks!!

himurax13
04-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I tested Schmeky's beta kit in my P01 and it is fantastic and the best part is that my gun still looks stock. It has turned my P01 unto a totally different animal :). The $185 for the work at the custom shop does not include shipping to and fro so the $78 price tag for the kit looks even better :).

The P01 is the compact one ;).
http://i54.tinypic.com/34ocakl.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/28uofbl.jpg

iareConfusE
04-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Looking forward to seeing the tutorial on the install. I'd be interested in doing this for my P-01.

1nsanity
04-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I remember seeing that thread on the CZ forum a few months back, pretty interesting. Forgot all about it and never checked back to see if he worked out the little kinks and is offering it for sale. Have to look into it, wouldn't mind trying it out in my P01...

zfields
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Ive been thinking about checking out one of his kits....this may just do it. My 75 SA already has a nice trigger, but why not kick it up a bit more : )

schmeky
04-26-2011, 4:09 PM
1nsanity,

My first post on this forum. Anyhow, there have really been no kinks. I have many of these out now and the response has been 100% (so far).

I am trying to give CZ owners a cost effective alternative to sending their guns off. My kits can provide results very close to a well know CZ shop, and at the same time, save someone close to $200.00.

All my kits utilize OEM CZ parts I machine in house.

himurax13 has my Reach Reduction Kit installed in his pistol. This moves the at rest trigger position rearward 3.0-4.5mm's depending on which CZ trigger you have. Makes the pistol feel totally different.

1nsanity
04-26-2011, 6:21 PM
Welcome aboard schmeky!

So beta testing is over and green light to precede forward, excellent news! Iíll get in contact with you in the coming weeks to order a kit!

railroader
04-26-2011, 6:55 PM
Hey schmecky good to see you here at calguns. I have one of David's adjustable sears with a competition hammer in my 75sa. It was a fairly easy install and it works great. With the hammer sear combo and the firing pin block out of my 75sa the trigger is very similar to a good 1911 trigger. Mark

Speedpower
04-26-2011, 7:22 PM
1nsanity,

My first post on this forum. Anyhow, there have really been no kinks. I have many of these out now and the response has been 100% (so far).

I am trying to give CZ owners a cost effective alternative to sending their guns off. My kits can provide results very close to a well know CZ shop, and at the same time, save someone close to $200.00.

All my kits utilize OEM CZ parts I machine in house.

himurax13 has my Reach Reduction Kit installed in his pistol. This moves the at rest trigger position rearward 3.0-4.5mm's depending on which CZ trigger you have. Makes the pistol feel totally different.

Do you take guns in to work on it?

eclipse
04-26-2011, 7:39 PM
Just got back from the range. Put 100 rounds through it and the gun performed flawlessly! Still can't shoot as good as with my M&P45, but thats my problem.

A "how to" video I created is uploading to youtube right now.

BANG BANG
04-26-2011, 9:16 PM
Tag for future reference

schmeky
04-27-2011, 3:57 AM
Speedpower,

As soon as I can get ATF to do their site inspection, yes, I will be taking guns in for work. My FFL was submitted back in February of 11. I won't launch my website until I have my FFL.

While I will be doing work for customers in the near future, I hope to save folks considerable expense with my drop-in kits.

I currently have 4 hammer kits and a single reach reduction kit available. Here's one of my custom CZ's, this one's a 97:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j367/schmeky1/CZframerepair033.jpg

eclipse
04-27-2011, 6:15 AM
"How To" video finished and posted at the top. I have never done a video before, so hopefully its not too bad. If it even helps a few people that will be good enough for me.

shooterdude
04-27-2011, 6:23 AM
The CZ platform has the potential for amazing performance with a few small changes such as this kind of trigger job. While there will always be folks who think that spending a few $ to make a trigger better is a waste because the gun was flawed from the factory and will buy a Sig or HK and end up spending more in the end, these are the knuckleheads.

There is something awesome about a heavy steel gun with a great trigger in your hands.

eclipse
05-07-2011, 4:28 PM
Just an update for anyone interested:

Put another 200 arounds through my P01 with the new hammer and disconnector and its still working flawlessly. I did have the original 21lb main spring installed but just put in a 16lb mainspring and it made the trigger even better. I used a trigger pull gauge and the SA pull came in around 4-4.2lbs with the 16lb mainspring. Gauge did not go high enough though to measure the DA pull.