PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going all .223.... Maybe trade FAL for AR clone

JPglee1
11-21-2006, 7:15 PM
If you're reading this and you have an OLL M4-style AR-15 you might wanna trade for an L1A1, hit me up...Im seriously debating this....Ive got mags for ARs and my mom has a registered one and more mags (for SHTF, I can't borrow her hicaps I know) Ive got (2) extra lowers for the L1A1 along with some ammo (SA and WOLF) that would go with. I'm keeping all the mag rebuild parts, sorry ;)

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

JP

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 7:23 PM
In a word.....YES you cant own too many weapons rifles included.

just keep saving and buy what you want.

Jay I thought I taught you the rules gun collectors don't sell guns they only buy guns.

cornholio1
11-21-2006, 7:23 PM
I wouldn't agree 556 is a better round than a 308, but a FAL is too heavy.

JPglee1
11-21-2006, 7:26 PM
In a word.....YES you cant own too many weapons rifles included.

just keep saving and buy what you want.

Jay I thought I taught you the rules gun collectors don't sell guns they only buy guns.

Im not a gun collector. I use them as the tools they are. I only need as many as I can carry.

I wanna ditch this SKS and FAL and get another OLL AR-15.... Anyone interested???

Throw in some ammo or some goodies and I'd let BOTH rifles go for the right AR.

JP

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 7:31 PM
Is it a real FAL ? or a build using a DSA or other receiver ?

Im not a gun collector. I use them as the tools they are. I only need as many as I can carry.

I wanna ditch this SKS and FAL and get another OLL AR-15.... Anyone interested???

Throw in some ammo or some goodies and I'd let BOTH rifles go for the right AR.

JP

JPglee1
11-21-2006, 7:33 PM
Is it a real FAL ? or a build using a DSA or other receiver ?

Its an imported L1A1 Century Sporter, on an Imbel or whatever imported receiver *NOT CENTURY*

Ive got the original L1A1 butthole sporter lower, an STG58 lower and an SLR aussie lower w/wood stock/PG

Ive also got a G1 top cover, gas piston and some minor parts too.

Its got a locked mag kit I made, 10rd enterprise magazine and a TAPCO top cover (that feeds from 5rd strippers just great)

The gun runs great on SA. Its the only gun I have that I haven't modified, aside from using an STG58 lower on it and the cheap red-dot scope its 100% stock.

JP

JPglee1
11-21-2006, 7:41 PM
Did I mention the SKS is up for trades too.

I'd absolutely love to trade the SKS and the L1A1 for the right M4 fixed-mag clone, some .223 and some accessories. I really want a fixed mag XM177 clone (bushie or CMMG would be nice)

Im 100% serious.

JP

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 7:46 PM
I suppose you will be using a Prince 50 lock for your fixed mag build ?

Well in the case that you want one of mine keep in mind that I'm down to 5 MAG-LOCK'S.

JPglee1
11-21-2006, 7:52 PM
I suppose you will be using a Prince 50 lock for your fixed mag build ?

Well in the case that you want one of mine keep in mind that I'm down to 5 MAG-LOCK'S.

Never miss an opportunity do you ;) LOL

Actually, I'd prolly go gripless, but since I want an M4 to start with I'd have to get a lock kit.

But ****, I'd take an un assembled OLL with an upper and it would be up to me to make it legal (I know how) just wanna make it easy for whoever wants to trade me.

Ive had offers of $800 for this L1A1 from this board before, so Im confident SOMEONE will come thru with an AR here soon.... Hehe

NO I dont want a Kel-tec SU16 ahahaha.

JP

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 7:58 PM
Not if I can help it can ya blame me I just want to get my $$$ out of my investment. And don't worry I wouldn't sell my dog a Kel-tec SU16 absolute garbage.

Hey put your L1A1 on falfiles.

Never miss an opportunity do you ;) LOL

Actually, I'd prolly go gripless, but since I want an M4 to start with I'd have to get a lock kit.

But ****, I'd take an unassembled OLL with an upper and it would be up to me to make it legal (I know how) just wanna make it easy for whoever wants to trade me.

Ive had offers of $800 for this L1A1 from this board before, so Im confident SOMEONE will come thru with an AR here soon.... Hehe

NO I dont want a Kel-tec SU16 ahahaha.

JP

JPglee1
11-21-2006, 8:05 PM
Hey put your L1A1 on falfiles.

I already did, but I want a California member to get it...its already in Cali-legal configuration and I'm Cali-owner friendly.

JP

JeepRescueService14
11-21-2006, 8:19 PM
Come on man... If the FAL is too heavy, you need to work out! You can't beat a .308. You can find concealment, but cover is a little different story.

rssslvr
11-21-2006, 8:28 PM
JP when I talked to you earlier and you said you weren't feeling well I had no idea.Man you are sick:p

JPglee1
11-21-2006, 8:40 PM
Come on man... If the FAL is too heavy, you need to work out! You can't beat a .308. You can find concealment, but cover is a little different story.

Dude I can hump it, but when you add water, food, clothes, survival gear...it all adds up.

Ive seen .223 AP go thru a hardened 1.15" thick detroit or allison flywheel....

More than enough for me. I'd rather have 240rds on me than 100rds any day :)

Plus, the AR is easy to shoot "gripless".... the FAL... not so much.

JP

Vepr62
11-21-2006, 8:51 PM
JPglee1, you got PM.

JPglee1
11-21-2006, 8:54 PM
Nope, try sending it again

Sydwaiz
11-21-2006, 9:49 PM
Maybe your FAL just needs to go on a diet. Chop the barrel, get some Century handguards (they are the lightest), and get rid of the bipod if you have one. My carbine isn't that heavy and could even be lighter if I used a Type 1 receiver. Plus it's easier to load from the top.

What ever makes you happy. I personally like having lots of different calibers. Keeps it interesting.

five.five-six
11-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Nope, try sending it again

ok what exactly do you want or your fal and sks?

oaklander
11-22-2006, 11:46 AM
JP - I've got an XM177 clone with an M2 clone scope I could trade - the rifle shoots nice and has never had a single FTC, FTF, or FTE.

http://sixaddiction.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/fal13.jpg

http://sixaddiction.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/fal12.jpg

It's a M1S kit on a S15 lower, with a Bushie mag (10 rd, of course).

I've also got a few hundred rounds of PRVI M193 I could throw in. . .

You got pics?

JPglee1
11-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Damn man, if you weren't in Oakland....

Oh well, nice pics tho!

JP

JPglee1
11-22-2006, 12:29 PM
OK for the time being the rifle is SPF!

J