PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Arms and Kahrs

ruchik
04-26-2011, 10:41 AM
So I've been eyeing a Kahr TP9, but alas the only way I can get it is either PPT or single shot conversion through Valkyrie Arms. My question is, does Valkyrie Arms really only do the single shot conversion on guns that have a high demand? Or will they do it to any handgun you want, as long as it doesn't break any federal or state laws? I'm wondering if they've done any of the longer barreled Kahrs before, if anyone's got one through Valkyrie, please do let me know that as well.

NorCal Einstein
04-26-2011, 11:10 AM
High demand is more likely since you will need to cannibalize a gun/barrel to meet SSE requirements.

JagerTroop
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Not all dealers have to "cannibalize" a barrel to do the conversion.

Talk to PRK. They can do pretty much any gun. More than most shop can, or are willing to do.

NorCal Einstein
04-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Ah, my bad.

Cannibalize, OR if the gun you want happens to have a aftermarket threaded barrel available so that a extension can be screwed on.

ruchik
04-27-2011, 7:30 AM
Not all dealers have to "cannibalize" a barrel to do the conversion.

Talk to PRK. They can do pretty much any gun. More than most shop can, or are willing to do.

Forgive my ignorance, but is PRK a shop? Where is it located?

JJE
04-27-2011, 9:26 AM
ruchik:

If you go back to the main forum page, go to the Vendor section at the bottom, PRK is one of the listed vendors. There's probably info there, as well as for a bunch of other vendors.