PDA

View Full Version : NOT HAPPY: pics added

Maximusmax51
04-26-2011, 9:38 AM
So I had a Apex kit installed at a local shop and I'm fairly certain that they did not do a complete job. The sere is still silver in color and not dark grey LIKE THE ONE THAT IS STILL IN THE PACKAGE!!!! Im not sure what was installed or what was not installed. Any local shops in SD that could fix this slight problem... More than likely I'll just wright off the shop I went to since there were other issues with the service.

Sorry the pics suck, camera/user not the highest quality.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/Maximusmax5150/DSC01778.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz28/Maximusmax5150/DSC01777.jpg

Shenaniguns
04-26-2011, 9:51 AM
This is Apex's

https://apextactical.com/store/avactis-images/Hard-Sear-th_0.jpg

Stock MIM sear on the top of this pic

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/fourstardrift/Guns%20stuff/DSC_0303-1.jpg

dousan
04-26-2011, 9:53 AM
Is that the little rear dude w/ the hole in middle?
Iirc the factory one has a smooth top, the apex one has a slight ridge in it

If the package is the ridged one, yeah they didn't do it
Which sucks because it's a 5 minute swap at most

Black Majik
So I had a Apex kit installed at a local shop and I'm fairly certain that they did not do a complete job. The sere is still silver in color and not dark grey LIKE THE ONE THAT IS STILL IN THE PACKAGE!!!! Im not sure what was installed or what was not installed. Any local shops in SD that could fix this slight problem... More than likely I'll just wright off the shop I went to since there were other issues with the service.

How does the trigger feel? The shop may have polished the surfaces.

iareConfusE

If you paid for their services and they didn't deliver, complain and get your money back. Installing the Apex kit is so easy, no worthy gunsmith could ever slack off enough to fail at installing one.

Maximusmax51
04-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Ill work on throwing on some pics. I'm weary since it took almost a month, although they said only a few days. then after I called every other day after the first week for a month it was all of a sudden done without any call to me.

Also to iareconfuse, I feel that I'd rather just go some where else than go back and b****. Ill just take my money else where.

iareConfusE
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Ill work on throwing on some pics. I'm weary since it took almost a month, although they said only a few days. then after I called every other day after the first week for a month it was all of a sudden done without any call to me.

Also to iareconfuse, I feel that I'd rather just go some where else than go back and b****. Ill just take my money else where.

It took them a MONTH to install an Apex DCAEK?! Holy cow it took me all of 10 minutes for the entire thing, including the time it took to watch the tutorial videos that Apex provides.

Honestly, out of principle I would ***** at them in an effort to get my money back, or at least some money back. Then you can finally choose a different gun store/smith to visit.

What's the name of the shop by the way, so we know to look out for it?

Maximusmax51
04-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Is that the little rear dude w/ the hole in middle?
Iirc the factory one has a smooth top, the apex one has a slight ridge in it

If the package is the ridged one, yeah they didn't do it
Which sucks because it's a 5 minute swap at most

From the pic looks like the didnt install the sere... MORONS!

iareConfusE
04-26-2011, 11:16 AM
From the pic looks like the didnt install the sere... MORONS!

You can easily tell if they did or didn't just by looking at the color. Like was stated above, the Apex sear looks like tarnished brass, and the original is silver.

Rivers
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
See Patrick at California Police Equipment in El Cajon, about 1/4 mile E of I-15 on El Cajon Blvd. He's doing a SIG course this week but in next. Pat is a certified Colt armorer and has a lot of AR experience. Good guy too.

Maximusmax51
04-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks, will do

vwynn
04-26-2011, 3:06 PM
its really REALLY easy to install... and if done correctly you would be EXTREMELY happy.

I know i am :D

also IIRC... Apex is darker than that.