PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about sending my pistol to Sig

Mr_Monkeywrench
04-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Well, I have a P228 German and Im thinking about sending it to Sig Sauer to have them to the action enhancement package as well as the Sig service package. Its in need of some serious TLC. I was wondering if the enhancement package will do something about the double action trigger. I know it says its factory 12lbs but man it feels heavier. The single action is SWEEEEET though. My question is, has anyone sent their pistol out for this and if so, were you satisfied?

leelaw
04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
I have a P228 that the previous owner sent in for an action enhancement package by the factory, and the trigger is so smooth and crisp that it doesn't feel like a Sig anymore. I love it.

gorenut
04-26-2011, 7:53 AM
depending on how much you want to spend, you might even consider sending it to grayguns.com

I've read nothing but praise on their work.

Casual_Shooter
04-26-2011, 10:47 AM
depending on how much you want to spend, you might even consider sending it to grayguns.com

I've read nothing but praise on their work.

+1 I sent my P220 to Grayguns for their action work. Finally had a chance to take it out last week and I shot noticeably better. Everything about the trigger is better- smoother, crisper etc.

rdmax
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Cheap trick is to replace the main spring with a lighter one. It is about $10 versus spending all the money on an action job where shipping back and forth costs another $80 to $100 on top of the action job.

Mr_Monkeywrench
04-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Good point RDmax. I heard about that, but I heard it was a little difficult to do.

Voo
04-27-2011, 2:10 AM
Good point RDmax. I heard about that, but I heard it was a little difficult to do.

Very, very easy to do. You essentially need to take the grips off to access the hammer strut assembly (which contains the spring you wanna change).

The only issue is a potential loss of reliability.. Lighter spring means less 'force'. I dont want to scare you, as it's a pretty common mod that "seems" to work extremely reliably. Just that if it's a HD/work gun, you might want to take this into consideration.

The other option is Grayguns. The work done by Bruce Gray is phenomenal. I've handled a bunch of guns worked on by both him and Scott F. and they really are that nice. The price point may be a bit higher than you expect but the difference between stock and Grayguns is night and day.

erik18
04-27-2011, 3:12 AM
Send it to gray guns, you will not be disappointed.