PDA

View Full Version : Selling a shotgun, I have questions??

ysr_racer
11-21-2006, 5:18 PM
Greetings All,

I won a shotgun at OakTree Gun Club last weekend. Since I already have too many, I'm going to try to sell it.

Do you guys think I would be better off actually taking possession of it, or would I be better off trying to find someone to buy it and let them do the paperwork?

Thanks,

Brad g.
So Cal USA
http://www.ysr-racer.com

metalhead357
11-21-2006, 5:24 PM
Probably easier selling it directly....but god knows the legality of that since it isn't "truly' in your posession yet....or is it? I dunno. Why dont you want it????? Toooooo many dont compute!!!!!

But what is it? Make/model?

Bryan Whited
11-21-2006, 5:37 PM
As long as it has not been DROS'ed then it can be transfered to anyone who can buy one.
This will save a transfer fee.

metalhead357
11-21-2006, 5:42 PM
As long as it has not been DROS'ed then it can be transfered to anyone who can buy one.
This will save a transfer fee.

Thats what I was thinking, but since he's yet to truly take possession of it...is it actually "his" to sell????? I would think so....

ysr_racer
11-21-2006, 5:42 PM
That's what I was going for. I'm trying to save the DROS fee and sales tax. They pulled my raffle ticket. So I guess it's "mine" :)

Bryan Whited
11-21-2006, 5:45 PM
Yes, it will work.
The dealer is holding it, in your name but there is no problem with them DROS'ing it to someone else.
What is it anyhow?
May want to make an offer.
Heck, I could even drive up to Oaktree and do the DROS there.