PDA

View Full Version : Two stage triggers

Scarecrow Repair
11-21-2006, 2:51 PM
I am going to build up a lower to swap around with my uppers. I will put the U-15 on it, and am thinking of a two stage trigger. From looking around, it appears you can get both one stage and two stage triggers in adjustable and non-adjustable, and that's about all I can tell.

I am not looking to become the world's best shot. I don't want a finicky delicate rifle. But I am curious and figure I can build up this lower for trying different things.

Some of the comments found by google indicated that adjustable triggers which use set screws are finicky, good for competition only, not useful for a duty rifle. That I want to avoid, if it is generally true (which seems plausible, but I don't know enough to know ...).

I'd like to hear comments on different triggers, by brand, by type, any general comments. Again, I am not trying to improve my shooting by this, it is mostly curiousity.

tenpercentfirearms
11-21-2006, 3:02 PM
Might I suggest you do a search for AR15 trigger, 2 stage trigger, two stage trigger, match trigger, and/or anything else you can think of. This one has been talked to death many a time.

Scarecrow Repair
11-21-2006, 3:12 PM
Might I suggest you do a search for AR15 trigger, 2 stage trigger, two stage trigger, match trigger, and/or anything else you can think of. This one has been talked to death many a time.
Right you are -- for some reason I thought the google search would be good enough. Mea culpa.

mltrading
11-21-2006, 4:09 PM
The most cost-effective 2-stage trigger would be RRA NM 2-stage trigger. No adjustable screws. Just drop in.

Besides, LMT and KAC have their 2-stage triggers.

Of course there are a lot of adjustable triggers. (such as Jewel, Chisel, McClintock, JP Enterprise...(not sure the spelling)) Too many to list. But such triggers need to be tuned carefully. Otherwise, you will get an automatic weapon. (That's what I heard about.:) )

By the way, if you are using a lower receiver made by SuperiorArms, there's an extra set screw hole aside the pistol grip screw hole. I heard somebody just use it with regular trigger and get crispy trigger pull.

6172crew
11-21-2006, 4:23 PM
Check out the new Timney setup on POF-usa.com

bu-bye
11-21-2006, 4:24 PM
Sounds to me like a RRA NM trigger is what you need. if you want a little upgrade buy a White Oak trigger for a few bucks more. Its a RRA trigger tuned by White Oak. My good buddy has one and it feels nice. Me, I like my JP single stage but I require a very light trigger that only sees bench time really.

five.five-six
11-21-2006, 6:20 PM
rra nm 2stage hey just work I have them in most of my lowers

Scarecrow Repair
11-21-2006, 6:22 PM
Sounds to me like a RRA NM trigger is what you need. if you want a little upgrade buy a White Oak trigger for a few bucks more. Its a RRA trigger tuned by White Oak. My good buddy has one and it feels nice. Me, I like my JP single stage but I require a very light trigger that only sees bench time really.
I took 10%'s advice to use calguns own search and found a zillion older threads. I did get the impression that adjustable == finicky, and that at least for beginners (me!), the RRA NM is the way to go, so I ordered their LPK. It will be an interesting experiment. This black rifle disease is going to run me into the poorhouse.

five.five-six
11-21-2006, 6:28 PM
I took 10%'s advice to use calguns own search and found a zillion older threads. I did get the impression that adjustable == finicky, and that at least for beginners (me!), the RRA NM is the way to go, so I ordered their LPK. It will be an interesting experiment. This black rifle disease is going to run me into the poorhouse.
we are all going to be there waiting for you :)

tenpercentfirearms
11-21-2006, 7:52 PM
Excellent choice.

randy
11-22-2006, 12:51 AM
I've shot the RRA 2 stage with JP's lightened spring kit. I'm buying one I have a Accuracy Speaks single stage in one of my lowers that's very nice maybe a bit heavier than the rra I'll be doing some testing.