PDA

View Full Version : .22 scar clone

speeddreamz
04-25-2011, 6:50 PM
http://www.centerfireguns.com/issc-austria-issc-m211000-mk22-spt-rfl-16-22lr-22rd-22-lr-m211000.html
http://www.centerfireguns.com/images/detailed/rifle-issc-austria-semiautomatic-m211000-mk22-spt-rfl-16-22lr-22rd.jpg

I remember someone reading about this coming out soon, well here it is.

Figured someone would be amused by it.

I'm still looking for a regular old 10/22 for a good deal.

Or a decently priced scar 17s... yep, thats not going to happen.

sk8804
04-25-2011, 8:44 PM
that is a really cool gun. Also I like your avatar, my buddy has that same pic.

MrPlink
04-25-2011, 11:45 PM
If the ISSC had come out sooner it might have saved me some serious bucks, because while waiting for it I said screw it and bought a Scar17 instead..

Ive heard the ISSC has a super tiny pencil barrel under what appears to be the real barrel, can anybody confirm?

speeddreamz
04-27-2011, 11:32 PM
If the ISSC had come out sooner it might have saved me some serious bucks, because while waiting for it I said screw it and bought a Scar17 instead..

Ive heard the ISSC has a super tiny pencil barrel under what appears to be the real barrel, can anybody confirm?

Scar 17 better choice. What'd you pay? what do you get?

chad68
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM

Yes that's correct, the barrel is tiny under the slip on bull barrel looking gizmo. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pi$$ed off people who buy this gun online sight unseen or without really looking it over really good before paying and or doing their homework. As well I think a lot of people won't even buy it. Then of course there will be those who buy it and have all kinds of quality issues.

Best bet is to wait until they come out with a second gen, assuming they don't get sued, like ATI did. Hopefully the 2nd gen version will have more bugs worked out and less pot metal and plastic and maybe a real bull barrel.

MrPlink
04-28-2011, 2:12 AM
Scar 17 better choice. What'd you pay? what do you get?

I dont know if Id say better choice, outside of looks its not much of a fair comparison is it?

3200 plus

What do I get?
I got a FN 17s in faded dark earth, with 1 mag (as a rebuild, that sucked blocking off...) with bullet button and stock lock.

Beyond that, I get a whole lotta fun tied with a shrinking bank account everytime I squeeze the trigger :D + :(
Yes that's correct, the barrel is tiny under the slip on bull barrel looking gizmo. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pi$$ed off people who buy this gun online sight unseen or without really looking it over really good before paying and or doing their homework. As well I think a lot of people won't even buy it. Then of course there will be those who buy it and have all kinds of quality issues.

Best bet is to wait until they come out with a second gen, assuming they don't get sued, like ATI did. Hopefully the 2nd gen version will have more bugs worked out and less pot metal and plastic and maybe a real bull barrel.

what do you mean less plastic?
Theres a whole lotta plastic on the real deal.
The entire lower, the stock, hell even the side rails are plastic!

The mock barrel on this gun as it stands is a total deal breaker for me.

speeddreamz
04-28-2011, 8:18 AM
Hahaha... shrinking bank account.

How long is the barrel?

How is the weight? Ever handled an ar10/lr10?
I dont know if Id say better choice, outside of looks its not much of a fair comparison is it?

3200 plus

What do I get?
I got a FN 17s in faded dark earth, with 1 mag (as a rebuild, that sucked blocking off...) with bullet button and stock lock.

Beyond that, I get a whole lotta fun tied with a shrinking bank account everytime I squeeze the trigger :D + :(

what do you mean less plastic?
Theres a whole lotta plastic on the real deal.
The entire lower, the stock, hell even the side rails are plastic!

The mock barrel on this gun as it stands is a total deal breaker for me.

4NDone0331
04-28-2011, 9:25 AM

So I'm a little confused where exactly is the "REAL" barrel located? I've looked at the images and the only other area that I can see that could possibly be a barrel, other than the barrel, is the part that looks like the gas block above the barrel. Or were you just saying that the barrel has a small diameter?

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb423/4NDone0331/rifle-issc-austria-semiautomatic-m211000-mk22-spt-rfl-16-22lr-22rd-1.jpg

This is what your description made me think, is this correct?

chad68
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
So I'm a little confused where exactly is the "REAL" barrel located? I've looked at the images and the only other area that I can see that could possibly be a barrel, other than the barrel, is the part that looks like the gas block above the barrel. Or were you just saying that the barrel has a small diameter?

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb423/4NDone0331/rifle-issc-austria-semiautomatic-m211000-mk22-spt-rfl-16-22lr-22rd-1.jpg

This is what your description made me think, is this correct?

Here is a pic of the thick barrel that isn't, in post #2.

It's actually not has horrid as I remember but it's still really lame. The goofy shroud isn't even all that much bigger diameter than the actually barrel. They should have just made a beefy barrel in the first place and sold those tubes as giant straws for giant slurpees.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=584198

xs2k
04-28-2011, 1:49 PM
Here is a pic of the thick barrel that isn't, in post #2.

It's actually not has horrid as I remember but it's still really lame. The goofy shroud isn't even all that much bigger diameter than the actually barrel. They should have just made a beefy barrel in the first place and sold those tubes as giant straws for giant slurpees.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=584198

Thanks, you just saved me some coin. Was really thinking about picking one up until I saw your link...:eek:!

MrPlink
04-29-2011, 9:00 PM
Hahaha... shrinking bank account.

How long is the barrel?

How is the weight? Ever handled an ar10/lr10?

Barrel is 16.5in IIRC.

Weight is exceptional given its a battle rifle, they come in at just OVER 8lbs.
Even with optics set up (comp M4 + larue poboy magnifier, which are fairly hefty when combined) I find the weight very reasonable.

Report and recoil is exceptional too given the caliber it fires, just a tad more punch than my AK. Worth every penny! Problem is, its making me run out of pennies !

If they decide to re do the ISSC without the goofy faux barrel I'll strongly consider one to get my SCAR fix without blowing 5 bucks with every mag I shoot.

Til then, Im more than happy with my M&P 15-22 :D

Gryff
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
What does it matter about the barrel? It's a grownup's toy. You're not taking into battle.

This is the first that I've heard about the barrel, and it is still on my list of guns to get for fun.

MrPlink
04-30-2011, 12:50 AM
What does it matter about the barrel? It's a grownup's toy.

As a grown up I expect a certain level of quality in my toys, thats why. :D

Gryff
04-30-2011, 10:35 AM
As a grown up I expect a certain level of quality in my toys, thats why. :D

Who says that quality isn't there? It's a design issue that people are complaining about.

It's just odd to hear people get upset that a $400 rifle isn't perfect in every way.

MrPlink
05-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Who says that quality isn't there? It's a design issue that people are complaining about.

It's just odd to hear people get upset that a $400 rifle isn't perfect in every way.

and that design issue leads to an over all lack of quality in the product, dont assume quality means fit and finish or the like. I dont want to turn this into a semantics argument, so would you feel more comfortable if I said it lacked value?

Yeah, its 400 dollars, and for tacticool ,22s those are big boy league prices. In that ball park you can get either the M&P or SIG, neither of which have a weeny barrel.