PDA

View Full Version : Better Iron sights for Marlin 795

whipkiller
04-25-2011, 9:06 AM
So I finally got the new Marlin to the range.

Great little rifle, HORRIBLE sights!

What are the best options for replacements? I think I'm going to keep open sights rather than a scope.

I looked through the "Marlin 795" thread and saw a couple of options, but was wondering if there is a clear winner. I saw some fiber optic ones somewhere but now I can't remember where; does anybody know if these are available for the 795?

Before you "search nazis" get going, I did use the search and didn't find a definite answer.

trickyvic
04-25-2011, 9:19 AM
I highly recommend Tech-Sights.

http://www.tech-sights.com/

whipkiller
04-25-2011, 9:50 AM
I highly recommend Tech-Sights.

http://www.tech-sights.com/

Blocked at work.

I think the tech-sights are one of the ones I was looking at; are those the "Peep Style" sights?

If you're not used to those, would you say it can make quick target aquisition challenging?

*example* I haven't shot scoped rifles much, and I sometimes have trouble transitioning from my eyes to the scope. (as in like, "I know it was there a second ago, where'd it go?")

trickyvic
04-25-2011, 10:05 AM
I think the tech-sights are one of the ones I was looking at; are those the "Peep Style" sights?

If you're not used to those, would you say it can make quick target aquisition challenging?

Yep, they're peep sights. I would say that any sight/scope that your not used to will take a bit getting used to. Once I got used to them though, they've been the most accurate and quick sights I have used. I'm just as accurate with them than with my scoped Marlin. I've gotten so used to them that I can easily acquire a target within 50yds with both eyes open.

whipkiller
04-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Yep, they're peep sights. I would say that any sight/scope that your not used to will take a bit getting used to. Once I got used to them though, they've been the most accurate and quick sights I have used. I'm just as accurate with them than with my scoped Marlin. I've gotten so used to them that I can easily acquire a target within 50yds with both eyes open.

Nice, good to know. Did you order them directly from the Tech-sight website?

Do you know if these are sold in my local gunstore?

Thanks for the help, Tricky.

Agustav
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM
I have Tech-sight on my GF's Marlin 795 Appleseed rifle and they are great!

ElvenSoul
04-25-2011, 1:02 PM
Primary Arms Red Dot would work and be very fast for target aquistion.

trickyvic
04-25-2011, 5:48 PM
Nice, good to know. Did you order them directly from the Tech-sight website?

Do you know if these are sold in my local gunstore?

Thanks for the help, Tricky.

Your welcome. Yeah, I ordered directly from Tech-sights. They ship super fast and have excellent customer service.

If you prefer open notched sights and like fiber optic, I've heard the Williams firesights are pretty good.

azlester
04-25-2011, 6:18 PM
Numrich offers a different rear sight that is windage and elevation adjustable with screws. It is a better sight then the one that comes on the 795 these days but not as good as the Tech sights, but then it only costs $10.

whipkiller
04-25-2011, 8:49 PM
Your welcome. Yeah, I ordered directly from Tech-sights. They ship super fast and have excellent customer service.

If you prefer open notched sights and like fiber optic, I've heard the Williams firesights are pretty good.

I was looking at the Firesights, but I didn't see Marlin 795 listed.

Has anybody used these on a 795? If so, can you give part numbers of which ones are the closest match?

WilliamAnderson
04-25-2011, 9:09 PM
On my Marlin, I'm running a BSA RD-30 Red dot. It's like 30 to 40 dollars and It works amazingly on my 795. I can shoot it fast and straight. It's almost like I'm cheating when I shoot it because it's so easy and fast.

DirtyDave
04-25-2011, 9:23 PM
On my Marlin, I'm running a BSA RD-30 Red dot. It's like 30 to 40 dollars and It works amazingly on my 795. I can shoot it fast and straight. It's almost like I'm cheating when I shoot it because it's so easy and fast.

I had the same BSA on my 795 for a while. Just switched to the Tech-sights. I like them both. I think I'll just buy another 795 or 2, so I can have 1 with sights, 1 with a red dot, and 1 with a scope hahaha

whipkiller
04-25-2011, 9:42 PM
I had the same BSA on my 795 for a while. Just switched to the Tech-sights. I like them both. I think I'll just buy another 795 or 2, so I can have 1 with sights, 1 with a red dot, and 1 with a scope hahaha

That's a good idea, but I think if I did I might get a Model 60, the 795 mags were kinda' a pain to load for a little ol' .22:o