PDA

View Full Version : Recommended gun shops in the Sacramento-Woodland area?

aghauler
04-24-2011, 8:09 PM
I'll be heading down that way this week, any recommendations for shops that have C&R's and / or a good "consignment" selection? Please PM me if you don't want to post on the Forum. Thanks! BB

zdragon
04-24-2011, 8:23 PM
i've consigned a couple of guns at gun exchange on Fruitridge ave. Sac....both sold in less than a week.

AaronC11
04-24-2011, 8:29 PM
River City gun exchange has a good selection of used guns. I just picked up my Beretta PX4 for $450 and it was never shot.

InGrAM
04-24-2011, 8:32 PM
RIVER CITY GUNS!

Wild Bills in Elk Grove is alright I have bought a few guns there. But their customer service is poor if you aren't 45 + years old and white.

ZeroNine3
04-24-2011, 8:45 PM
I've bought both my guns from TDS Guns in Rocklin. My experience with them has been great, I've never had a problem with them. The only thing is that they're usually super busy, so its usually a long wait to talk to someone.

Joe
04-24-2011, 8:48 PM
Sacramento Black Rifle has cheap prices on new guns. Not sure about their c&r or consignment selection though.

MountainShooter
04-24-2011, 9:16 PM
TDS, SBR, and Just Guns are all good.

aghauler
04-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks to all for the input, it'll give me a place to start! Regards, BB

Ranger20
04-25-2011, 6:47 PM
I'll be heading down that way this week, any recommendations for shops that have C&R's and / or a good "consignment" selection? Please PM me if you don't want to post on the Forum. Thanks! BB

RCGuns.. and J&G on barton road in Granite bay they are mosty consignment and ive got some really great deals there too..

Andy Taylor
04-25-2011, 7:17 PM
If you want C&R nothing better than J&G on Barton Road in Granite Bay. TDS and Sac Black Rifle are not to far from there. They are nice shops, but geared more towards modern tactical than C&R.

Going south, River City Gun Exchange on Fruitridge is good as well. If you go as far south as Elk Grove, be sure to stop in at Wild Bill's Old West Trading Post.

jptopz
04-25-2011, 7:18 PM
Starting from the South heading North then East here is a list of stores to check out.
Elk Grove: The Gun Room, Wild Bill's
South Sac: River City Gun
North East Sac: Just Guns
Roseville: Discount Shooters Supply
Rocklin: Sportsmans Wear House, Sacramento Black Rifle, TDS
Grant Bay: J&G Guns Smithing
Orangevale: Wild Sports

Some are better than others. My personal favorite shops are Discount Shooters Supply: ( Mostly Acc, and ammo, but will have FFL very soon)
TDS: ( biggest 1911 selection I have ever seen in one place other than a gun show)
Just Guns: (Great staff, price a bit high on there guns)
Wild Bill's: ( Eclectic collection of guns and stuff.)
I hope this helps you out.

aghauler
04-25-2011, 7:26 PM
Wow! Thanks to all for the great info this REALLY helps! I've never been into Granite Bay or Rocklin so it looks like that those will be places to go explore. Tough "being from outta town" but the members of this Forum are most helpful. Getting out the maps now to plan the "route"! Regards, Bob B.

Andy Taylor
04-25-2011, 7:28 PM
Starting from the South heading North then East here is a list of stores to check out.

Some are better than others. My personal favorite shops are Discount Shooters Supply: ( Mostly Acc, and ammo, but will have FFL very soon)
TDS: ( biggest 1911 selection I have ever seen in one place other than a gun show)

Had not heard of Discount Shooters Supply. I will need to check them out.

Wild Bill's-Eclectic-LOL. That sums it up pretty well. I love that place. (in fairness, I am friends with the owner and sometimes work the counter.)

jceccar
04-25-2011, 7:56 PM
Yep, Wild Bills is my favorite! Big selection of handguns and long guns.

Newshooter
04-25-2011, 9:34 PM
I am a big fan of Wild Sports in Orangevale. It has been around forever. They have really great prices but sometimes their customer service is not the greatest. Lately, the customer service has gotten a lot better. I would recommend checking them out. A lot of people have had negative experiences there so hopefully that won't discourage you. They are about 10 minutes away from J&G in Granite Bay.

45R
04-25-2011, 9:43 PM
Another vote for River City Gun Exchange. Best gun shop in Sacramento.

jbe90
04-25-2011, 10:37 PM
+1 on RCGE.

marcus_bervus
04-26-2011, 12:26 AM

just like to add some gun store leftout:

Rancho Cordova: Cordova Shooting Center
Zinffandel Dr: Action Guns

Discount Shooter Supply, where is this located in Roseville?

Ranger20
04-26-2011, 1:27 AM
just like to add some gun store leftout:
Rancho Cordova: Cordova Shooting Center
Zinffandel Dr: Action Guns
Discount Shooter Supply, where is this located in Roseville?

I totally forgot about Cordova Shooting center off Sunrise..

For a small range shop they are nice and helpful and knowledgeable they have a smaller selection but everything they have is quality. SIG HK, SW Kimber, MP, XD... quality guns at excellent pricing.. Often better prices than everyone else really in town. Their standard 239-9mm Sig sells for $699... Wild Bills is 750+ and RCGE even higher yet... While $50. isn't a big deal.. I try to buy from each shop to spread the wealth around so to speak. The exception is with J&G in Granite bay they have some very uniuque and well priced consignment pistols and such.. They seem to get most of my money.. Good folks there too. Bills has the best selection of used guns sometimes at very good prices.. RCGE has consignment and Police turn in guns often well priced. RCGE has good staff that knows their stuff and good ammo prices.

TDS GUNS... Commission sales people.. say no more... with a few exceptions most are arrogant and their prices are higher than most. I've walked in with a grand or so in my pocket but was so turned off at their attitudes like they were doing me a favor to spend 4 min looking at a gun or rifle or two to compare. They have lost with me prob about $3,000 to $4,000 worth of business in the last year or less... that I took elsewhere. I went back a few times thinking it was a fluke .. it wasn't .. Don't believe everything you hear on the radio ... TDS GUNS Reminds me of going to the DMV... the experience is about the same. Sad because for 1911's and black rifles.. they have a nice selection.

aghauler
04-29-2011, 4:45 PM
Well I was able to visit 3 of the recommended shops this trip. J&G, wasn't sure I was going to find it, Wild Bills and River City Gun Exchange. J&G was first stop, nice selection of stuff, nice staff. Nothing of interst though. The following day I went to Wild Bills, big selection, kinda quiet in there though. Then stopped at River City Gun Exchange, wow what a difference! Good grief, you needed a shoehorn to get into the place, parking was terrible.
BUT I scored one for my collection a Llama IIIA, not a C&R but it does fill that hole in the collection. Busy isn't the word for that place! People elbowng their way to pickup, to check out firearms, staff couldn't keep up with it! One fella at the consignment area was looking at a semiauto pistol, obviosly didn't know much about handling it. The clerk said "well maybe you should try a revolver". Customer says "what's that"?:eek: Clerk hands the guy a 44 magnum revolver, next thing ya know the customer is going clickity, clickity, clickity with it until the clerk said "you know everytime you do that it leaves a mark on the cyinder" Customer says "huh?" Clerk sells him a Study Guide to go study for the Handgun test. I thought Gang Banger types were supposed to "know" about guns:rolleyes:, I guess not! Thanks to all for the recommendations all in all I found one item before running out of time. BB