PDA

View Full Version : are hi cap mags legal for 22's?

cyanide
04-24-2011, 7:36 PM
Could i purchase a 22 high cap mag online, or does it work the same way that the other mags work, with the parts and such?

MaHoTex
04-24-2011, 7:37 PM
The same. A Mag is a mag.

BlackJack
04-24-2011, 7:38 PM
The magazine restriction applies to 22 caliber as well. It seems silly but that's the way it is unfortunately.

cyanide
04-24-2011, 7:42 PM
ahh ok, lame, and yeah MaHoTex a mag is a mag, but its a different type of gun, just as airsoft mags are different.

Oceanbob
04-24-2011, 7:44 PM
Could i purchase a 22 high cap mag online, or does it work the same way that the other mags work, with the parts and such?

You can't buy or import high capacity magazines.

You can own rebuild kits for your preban or restricted magazines.

TreadonmenoT
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
what about the .22 rifles that are tube fed, over 10 rounds, and are pre ban ?

MaHoTex
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Tube fed 22 is exempt.

Kryptyde
04-25-2011, 1:24 PM
You can't buy or import high capacity magazines.

You can own rebuild kits for your preban or restricted magazines.

Ooo dangerous verbage my friend. I got in a world of hurt last week for saying something like that. Technically the law does not make it illegal to buy or own them but it does make it illegal to offer them for sale.

But the short story is yes, the ban does cover .22LR, tube-fed magazines being the most notable of the exceptions.

MrPlink
04-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Ooo dangerous verbage my friend. I got in a world of hurt last week for saying something like that. Technically the law does not make it illegal to buy or own them but it does make it illegal to offer them for sale.

But the short story is yes, the ban does cover .22LR, tube-fed magazines being the most notable of the exceptions.

this is true, its not illegal to buy them at all. Just illegal for the guy who sold em to you.

Keep in mind, using your hi caps is still PERFECTLY legal, esp in rimfire guns.
Mag locked firearms being the obvious exception