View Full Version : Browning Buck Mark Camper and failure to eject

04-24-2011, 7:37 AM
What gives?

First time out with the gun, the first 6 shots, none of them eject. The casing is just stuck in the back side of the barrel.

I pull it out, reload the magazine and go again, same problem.

I had the range guy look at it and he had the same problems with his first 2 rounds, then suddenly it fires w/ no problems.

I finish the day with no more problems.

Then went to the range again and had about 3 failure to eject.

What's going on?

Browning Buck Mark Camper
Federal Walmart 550 bulk pack 22lr

Out of about 300 rounds, we've had 8 or 9 FTE's

04-24-2011, 9:45 AM
I've had quite a few FTF's with that ammo (light primer strikes by the look of it) in my Neos but never any FTE's. Have you tried any other ammo through it?

c good
04-24-2011, 11:09 AM
It sounds more like a failure to extract. The casing isn't even making it's way back to hit the ejector. Is the chamber clean? Have you cleaned the bolt face and looked under the extractor to make sure it's clean all around the firing pin area? Also, as others have mentioned, try some different ammo. Mine likes the Winchester Super X, .40 gr., round nose, copper washed X22LR. I also like to put a drop of oil on the ejector pivot pin and spring area. If all of this fails you might just have a rounded off extractor claw, weak extractor spring or a chamber that is too tight. HTH c good

04-24-2011, 10:09 PM
My wife's Buckmark is also picky. We found CCI Mini-mag works best.

04-25-2011, 1:48 PM
The buckmarks can be picky with ammo. I'd buy a box of a few different brands to see if the issue continues regardless of ammo brand. If it does, make sure the gun is properly/thoroughly oiled.

If this is a used camper that you recently purchased from someone else it could be the recoil assembly (recoil spring) - the part is <$10 from Browning.

Good luck, I love my Buckmark.