PDA

View Full Version : barrel bands?

afcbasser
04-23-2011, 2:00 PM
really, i don't know what these are for. are't guns generally more accurate when there's nothing touching the barrel after it's junction with the action?
why is there one on the 10/22?

tuna quesadilla
04-23-2011, 2:12 PM
really, i don't know what these are for. are't guns generally more accurate when there's nothing touching the barrel after it's junction with the action?
why is there one on the 10/22?

Take it off and throw it away. It does nothing for you.

Izzy43
04-23-2011, 2:25 PM
Take it off and keep it in case you decide to sell the gun later.

Mssr. Eleganté
04-23-2011, 2:40 PM
...why is there one on the 10/22?

I think Ruger originally stuck it on there along with the curved buttplate to give the "carbine" version more of a "cowboy" look. If you look at Ruger ads from the 1960's you'll see that even back then only carbine version of the 10/22 had the curved buttplate and the barrel band. The "Sporter" and "International" versions had flat buttplates and no barrel band.

afcbasser
05-05-2011, 4:29 AM
I think Ruger originally stuck it on there along with the curved buttplate to give the "carbine" version more of a "cowboy" look. If you look at Ruger ads from the 1960's you'll see that even back then only carbine version of the 10/22 had the curved buttplate and the barrel band. The "Sporter" and "International" versions had flat buttplates and no barrel band.

ahhhhh.