PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where

jester
11-20-2006, 10:10 AM
I can find a used, but not shot out AR type barrel?
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

stevie
11-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Check AR15.com in the equipment exchange area for used stuff

JPglee1
11-20-2006, 11:11 AM
I can find a used, but not shot out AR type barrel?
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

What length, twist, profile??

J

jester
11-20-2006, 1:03 PM
Length/twist/profile don't really matter. I bought a DPMS upper and complete bolt assy on GUNBROKER and was at METROSHOT saturday and purchased my lower. So, basically, I've "shot my wad" so to speak and can't afford to buy a new barrel, so am looking for used/extremely cheap, so I can start my build.May even have METROSHOT build it,don't know yet...
Once I can get the build done, then I will think about upgrades....

JPglee1
11-20-2006, 1:31 PM
Length/twist/profile don't really matter. I bought a DPMS upper and complete bolt assy on GUNBROKER and was at METROSHOT saturday and purchased my lower. So, basically, I've "shot my wad" so to speak and can't afford to buy a new barrel, so am looking for used/extremely cheap, so I can start my build.May even have METROSHOT build it,don't know yet...
Once I can get the build done, then I will think about upgrades....

Ahh, well see it does matter...

What size gas block/front site do you have???

Do you have M4 or A2 handguards?

Tell us more about what parts you're using....

JP

jester
11-20-2006, 2:22 PM
Well, I haven't really gotten that far yet either......No handguards, no gas block or front site..........
I can tell this build is going to be fun and time/cash consuming

Blue
11-20-2006, 6:48 PM
If you troll the AR15.com used section like I used to you'll find some deals. I've bought a couple of barrels for $25-50 each.

new cal shooter
11-21-2006, 1:15 PM
Model 1 sales has the following:
16'' C.A.R. Chrome Moly Lightweight Barrel, 1-9'' twist, threaded muzzle $165.00... not the happiest people, but funtional quality, great prices!

www.model1sales.com