PDA

View Full Version : APEX INSTALLED!!!

Maximusmax51
04-23-2011, 1:19 PM
Just got the APEX kit installed on my MP 45!!! Cant wait to take it out!

vincentk
04-23-2011, 1:21 PM
Congrats dude, I have an M&P9 and Really want an M&P45 next.

Trendkill
04-23-2011, 1:33 PM
Did you put a snap cap in and dry fire it a little bit..?? Is there a notable difference..??

zod
04-23-2011, 3:25 PM
Can't wait for the range report. Leaning towards the M&P 45, as I had a Glock 21 and it was a little too bulky for me. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but Glocks (24 & 27) at the moment. But for me, I think the M&P 45 would be a better fit.

FIREBALL_BRIAN
04-23-2011, 8:08 PM
I hear that's a nice setup. Congrats

AaronC11
04-23-2011, 8:31 PM
What's the stock trigger pull weight on an M&P? What about with Apex kit? I'm thinking about buying an M&P, thanks

LBDamned
04-23-2011, 8:46 PM
I have M&P .45 - have read a ton about the Apex kit and saw a few vids... people rave about it but I've never been able to shoot one (dry fire or live rounds) so I'm reluctant to go for it... how much better is it (realistically) - somehow I suspect I'll be disappointed - kinda like a movie that gets over-hyped... but maybe I'm wrong?

Shenaniguns
04-23-2011, 9:37 PM
I have M&P .45 - have read a ton about the Apex kit and saw a few vids... people rave about it but I've never been able to shoot one (dry fire or live rounds) so I'm reluctant to go for it... how much better is it (realistically) - somehow I suspect I'll be disappointed - kinda like a movie that gets over-hyped... but maybe I'm wrong?

Plain and simple it is a night and day difference, the DCAEK and RAM improves the pull, break, overtravel and reset.

eclipse
04-23-2011, 9:42 PM
I put the Apex DCAEK in my M&P 45 and it made a huge difference. It is supposed to be around 4.5lbs I think. Definitely can't go wrong with getting the kit.

Shenaniguns
04-23-2011, 9:45 PM
I put the Apex DCAEK in my M&P 45 and it made a huge difference. It is supposed to be around 4.5lbs I think. Definitely can't go wrong with getting the kit.

5-5.5 pounds

eclipse
04-23-2011, 9:48 PM
5-5.5 pounds

Thanks for the correction!

bbbig
04-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah I installed mine on last Friday evening - took about 2 hrs - and WOW what difference it made at the range next day! Mine is also 45 so RAM isn't available yet. However, even without the RAM, my reset feels just SO much better than stock. I was able to shoot about 3" groupings at 25yrds! Trigger pull is just so much smoother too, dunno why the stock trigger was so gritty. I absolutely love my M&P 45 now, and I look forward to getting RAM installed when Apex comes out with it.

Shenaniguns
04-25-2011, 3:14 AM
Fantastic!

9mmepiphany
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Trigger pull is just so much smoother too, dunno why the stock trigger was so gritty.
...they don't put the extra work into final polish and finish to keep the price down, because there are a lot of folks who share this opinion:
how much better is it (realistically) - somehow I suspect I'll be disappointed - kinda like a movie that gets over-hyped... but maybe I'm wrong?
...their choice was to go with the lower price and let the more discriminating user upgrade their gun on the aftermarket

RECCE556
04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Does this kit fix the lack of a reset feel/sound? My old M&P45 (bought and sold long before these kits were on the market) had absolutely no reset feel or audible feedback. If this kit does correct this, how is it compared to a Glock (which, IMO along with the 1911, has one of the best reset feel/audible feedback)?

evidens83
04-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Awesome choice

Shenaniguns
04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Does this kit fix the lack of a reset feel/sound? My old M&P45 (bought and sold long before these kits were on the market) had absolutely no reset feel or audible feedback. If this kit does correct this, how is it compared to a Glock (which, IMO along with the 1911, has one of the best reset feel/audible feedback)?

I don't have any experience with the .45 kit but the DCAEK alone does shorten the reset significantly on my FS9 and 9c so you will not miss it and the reset "feel" improved some with the kit and slight bending of the trigger bar. The R.A.M. which is not out for the .45 but will make it feel closer (maybe 70%) of a typical Glock reset.

You can see/hear the difference before and after the RAM in this video of my gun: http://thepackingrat.net/2010/11/02/apex-tactical-specialties-ram-2/

Moto4Fun
04-25-2011, 1:40 PM
I have dry fired the two different triggers, and there is a very noticable difference in the feel. Whether or not the stock one is unacceptable is up in the air as I have not been able to shoot them back to back. When my M&P9 arrives I will find out how I feel about the stock trigger. With APEX in my backyard, I foresee upgrading in the near future.

ArkinDomino
04-25-2011, 2:58 PM
M&Ps with APEX cannot be beatb

DasBoost
04-25-2011, 3:21 PM
This thread is not helping my craving for Apex parts and range time... *Eyes wallet* If only... Hopefully after I graduate, I can pick up the parts and get to the range. I haven't heard one negative comment about Apex yet. Also found out they're making J-Frame parts too.

Ksmash01
04-25-2011, 4:10 PM
FYI, I have a 9L with the Apex CompAEK and RAM, and a M&P9 that is stock.

To be honest, I think I am going to either put the stock trigger return spring back in, or order the duty trigger return spring. The trigger return spring on the 9L is too light for my preferences, but I love everything else about the trigger. I'm sure a heavier trigger return spring will make it right for me. BTW, I have had no bad primer strikes with the comp striker spring installed.

I may buy the DCAEK for the FS9, but I think I'll install the USB and Hard Sear first, and check the pull and see if I like it with the stock spring that the pistol comes with.

It took me all of 20 minutes to install the Apex kits after watching the videos on you tube a few times.

I have a pic of a 20 round group at 7 yards with the M&P9L on my phone. Here it is, sorry I didn't zoom in. I haven't gotten full control over how light the trigger is, so you'll have to excuse 3 shots on that target.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95493&d=1303773018

Shenaniguns
04-25-2011, 5:37 PM
Scott is sending me the new J-Frame kit but since I do not have one,my buddy at thepackingrat.net is borrowing one for us to install on and review.