PDA

View Full Version : Process of ordering online help

ChopperX
04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Ok so I can't find my at my local gun shops so I found the gun I wanted online through Guns America at a good price. So do I need to go my local shop and gather information first and let them know ahead of time that I am going to be buying one online?

Also will they be ok with that? I'm still using them as an FFL.

Bill Steele
04-23-2011, 6:27 PM
Ok so I can't find my at my local gun shops so I found the gun I wanted online through Guns America at a good price. So do I need to go my local shop and gather information first and let them know ahead of time that I am going to be buying one online?

Also will they be ok with that? I'm still using them as an FFL.

You have to ask them.

There are FFL's that specialize in doing these type of transfers, if your local gunshop doesn't want to do it or charges more than you want to pay for the service.

MarioS
04-23-2011, 6:43 PM
Call your local shop and tell them you'd like to have a gun shipped in from out of state and you'd like to use them as the FFL to do the transfer. Each shop will charge a different rate so ask them what their price is. $70 seems to be a competitive rate here. $100 out the door is the most I'd pay (which includes DROS in the price). Also ask if they will charge sales tax as some shops will. I've never purchased from Guns America but you will need to let them know where to ship the gun and Guns America will need the FFL's paperwork. Your FFL can send it to them if they don't have it on file. Pay for the gun and have it shipped to your FFL, make sure Guns America puts at least your first name and contact phone number on it and gives you a tracking number. Your shop should call you when it arrives, you go in to do the paperwork and pay for their services then wait 10 days. That's pretty much it.

If it's a long gun, you can go in before the gun arrives at the shop to start the paperwork, as long as it's been shipped and is in transit.