PDA

View Full Version : Building a AR-15

Adrian
11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Not asking the typical where do I start, I see they have some info over on that AR-15 website and everything. My question is that should a complete newb at guns even try to build something like this? Would I even be able to do it or is this something you need to take to a gunsmith to build? Is it common sense thing or just something for somebody with a little more knowelege about laws an stuff. I wanted to buy a complete one but my girlfriend decided she wanted a quad instead :rolleyes: . So eathier I wait or do it little by little any other info would be awesome too btw.:D
-Newbie Adrian

PLINK
11-19-2006, 11:57 PM
I believe anyone who can use a hammer and a punch can assemble a lower. Most people will buy the upper complete. Most people on this site knew nothing about AR's a year ago. Now they know a ton and have built several lowers. Some of those people moved on to build AK's and FAL's which is a lot more work. Check out the link below. This is all you should need to build a lower.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

C.G.
11-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I believe anyone who can use a hammer and a punch can assemble a lower.

And some of them break them.;)

WokMaster1
11-20-2006, 8:21 AM
If your girl wants to buy a quad, then just get a lower receiver first. that part is considered a firearm because it has the serial number. Then if the DOJ decides to list, you have the "firearm" to register. Priority goes to girl. Nothing more "ho-hum" than a girl on a quad.:D

Get a Stag. They have really good customer service. One of the members here got a completely new lower from them after he broke off a piece of the receiver.

Anyone with 10 fingers, half a brain & basic tools can assemble a lower together. The directions on ar15.com is very good. Good luck.:)

mltrading
11-20-2006, 11:16 AM
I'd say build it yourself.

REASON #1: AR-15 platform was designed in modules. It's easy to assemble all the parts. At most you need some special wrenches. That's it. (The only exception is the headspacing. But usually the headspace was handled when the barrel was assembled. Regular AR builders won't experience such issue.)

REASON #2: Know about your firearm. It's fun.

REASON #3: There are tons of options for AR platform. If you BIY, you can choose whatever you really like.

REASON #4: Building an AR from collectiing parts will save a little bit of $$$.

The Professional
11-20-2006, 11:19 AM
I believe anyone who can use a hammer and a punch can assemble a lower. Most people will buy the upper complete. Most people on this site knew nothing about AR's a year ago. Now they know a ton and have built several lowers. Some of those people moved on to build AK's and FAL's which is a lot more work. Check out the link below. This is all you should need to build a lower.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Thanks for the link!

shark92651
11-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Not asking the typical where do I start, I see they have some info over on that AR-15 website and everything. My question is that should a complete newb at guns even try to build something like this? Would I even be able to do it or is this something you need to take to a gunsmith to build? Is it common sense thing or just something for somebody with a little more knowelege about laws an stuff. I wanted to buy a complete one but my girlfriend decided she wanted a quad instead :rolleyes: . So eathier I wait or do it little by little any other info would be awesome too btw.:D
-Newbie Adrian

I put together my first two lowers this weekend. I printed out the instructions found on ar15.com, laid out all the parts, and took my time to read everything. It probably took me about 30-45 mins to assemble the first one. The second was probably start to finish in 15 mins. It is pretty easy. The only tools you really need are a hammer, punch, and pliers. I highly recommend the vise-grip method to squeeze in the two roll pins. I did this with the 2nd lower and it was much smoother and I only had to use the punch and a couple hammer strikes to recess the pin after I had squeezed it all the way flush. Another tip I highly recommend is to buy a 1/4" clevis pin from home depot or hardware store and use this to install the takedown pin, spring, and indent. There is a dedicated tool available but the clevis pin can be had for less than $2 and works just as well.

I would start by buying the lower and lower parts kits. You can always purchase stock and upper as you go. Usually it will be easier to get it by the "procurement committee" this way as well :)

Adrian
11-20-2006, 3:36 PM
Awesome! Thanks for all the Info! Another reason I wanted to build was so that I can learn about the rifle as well. So im pretty sure I am going to go that route. I can search but.... Any popular lowers? Few questions about buying, better to go online? And how the hell would I buy online? Im wondering if I could just go don the road to the local gun shop and order it through them(rather support the local guy.) I was on some website that had all kinds of different ar lowers forgot it now though.

Prc329
11-20-2006, 3:39 PM
I put together my first lower this weekend. The only problem I had was that front detent and spring. That was a b%^&* to get in. All i needed as a pair of pliers.

mltrading
11-20-2006, 3:43 PM
Awesome! Thanks for all the Info! Another reason I wanted to build was so that I can learn about the rifle as well. So im pretty sure I am going to go that route. I can search but.... Any popular lowers? Few questions about buying, better to go online? And how the hell would I buy online? Im wondering if I could just go don the road to the local gun shop and order it through them(rather support the local guy.) I was on some website that had all kinds of different ar lowers forgot it now though.

You are correct. The first step is to get a lower receiver. Try the sponsors of this fourm first, such as TenPercent, SJGE, ColdWarShooters, DDS ranch.....etc.

You first pay the FFL dealer, then they DROS for you. Ten days later, you go to pick up your OLL.

If you have questions, such dealers would be more than happy to show you how.

Then collect other parts/accessories/tools. Parts/accessories/tools are not restricted. You may get them whatever/whenever/wherever you want.;)

Adrian
11-20-2006, 3:48 PM
:) You are correct. The first step is to get a lower receiver. Try the sponsors of this fourm first, such as TenPercent, SJGE, ColdWarShooters, DDS ranch.....etc.

You first pay the FFL dealer, then they DROS for you. Ten days later, you go to pick up your OLL.

If you have questions, such dealers would be more than happy to show you how.

Then collect other parts/accessories/tools. Parts/accessories/tools are not restricted. You may get them whatever/whenever/wherever you want.;)

damn, you people get me all exited to build this thing! Cant wait to start

Thrillbilly
11-20-2006, 4:03 PM
-Newbie Adrian

I built my firs AR back in May/June (cant remember if it was late mar or early June). This was the first firearm I ever attempted to build. I printed the instructions from ARF.com and I think it took me around 45 min to put the lower totether. Personally I loved it, it was kind of like building models when I was a kid (but I got to use it when I was done). Also this was my first AR and by building it I know every part of the firearm. In short it was not hard at all.

Ryan HBC
11-20-2006, 4:11 PM
I would shop around for a complete upper first. Decide what you want kind of rifle you want, and who has the best price on the upper. Then buy your lower to match the brand.

Granted, you don't have to use the same brand upper and lower. You can mix and match to your heart's content, but I get a warm fuzzy feeling when my rifle has matching brand parts and perfectly matching finishes.

Adrian
11-20-2006, 4:32 PM
Looks like I think im going to start off with a Stag Arms Stag-15. SO im going to need the parts kit too, that I can order from whoever right. So I was on ddsranch, they have it for $100 I want it! So from here I ask my local shop if they can be the ones that hold it right? Ok im dont have the gun lingo yet, FFL, OLL, DROS dont know what not of that means :D This fourm has by far been one of the most quick and helpful fourms ive been on (car,bike,ect) thanks all!

shark92651
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I would recommend you buy your Stag lower parts kit, mag lock kit, monsterman grip, etc... from tenpercentfirearms.com. Wes is very active on this board, has good prices, and gets the product to you very quickly.

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 10:57 AM
I would recommend you buy your Stag lower parts kit, mag lock kit, monsterman grip, etc... from tenpercentfirearms.com. Wes is very active on this board, has good prices, and gets the product to you very quickly.

Ten percent is sold out of my locks but you can just buy the MAG-LOCK from me directly.

And not to nag but only about 5 left so don't be left out.

Once they are gone as porky pig says that's all folks!!!

shark92651
11-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Looks like I think im going to start off with a Stag Arms Stag-15. SO im going to need the parts kit too, that I can order from whoever right. So I was on ddsranch, they have it for $100 I want it! So from here I ask my local shop if they can be the ones that hold it right? Ok im dont have the gun lingo yet, FFL, OLL, DROS dont know what not of that means :D This fourm has by far been one of the most quick and helpful fourms ive been on (car,bike,ect) thanks all!

The lower receiver is the part with the serial number and therefore the part that is regulated and considered "the gun". An off-list lower receiver (OLL) is one that you can legally buy and posess in California. You can either buy the OLL from a dealer in California or buy it online and have it shipped to a dealer that has a federal firearms license (FFL). Once the lower comes in, you have to go to the dealer and fill out the Dealers Record of Sale paperwork (DROS). This form contains a lot of yes/no questions that ascertain if you can legally own a firearm. Once this is done you have to wait 10 days to go pick it up. The dealer will charge you $35 (I think) for the DROS paperwork and they also charge you a fee for the ship-in transfer. The cheapest I have seen for it is $45 + 35 DROS. If you buy from ddsranch.com or from coldwarshooters.com, I'm sure they can point you to the nearest FFL that they can ship it to. Every other part you can purchase from anywhere and have it delivered straight to your door. Hope this helps.

MilSpec.45
11-21-2006, 12:08 PM
You may have a hard time finding a FFL in your area. I live in Sebastopol so I know, because I went through this too. I know that Helms and Montana Hawk won't touch any OLL, so you may have to goto the east or southbay. If you call DD's Ranch, they will give you a list of all the FFL's they have on file.

I would definitely build it yourself. I built my first one a couple months ago, and it was very easy. I also went with a stag lower, but I got a RRA LPK and Stock and a Stag upper.

If you have any questions or need a hand putting it together, I'd be happy to help.

Here is my Stag I put together. (sorry, crappy pic)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/krayon365/Picture1998Medium.jpg

Adrian
11-21-2006, 2:40 PM
You may have a hard time finding a FFL in your area. I live in Sebastopol so I know, because I went through this too. I know that Helms and Montana Hawk won't touch any OLL, so you may have to goto the east or southbay. If you call DD's Ranch, they will give you a list of all the FFL's they have on file.

I would definitely build it yourself. I built my first one a couple months ago, and it was very easy. I also went with a stag lower, but I got a RRA LPK and Stock and a Stag upper.

If you have any questions or need a hand putting it together, I'd be happy to help.

Here is my Stag I put together. (sorry, crappy pic)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/krayon365/Picture1998Medium.jpg

Found that out the hard way today when I called, the dude seemed pretty pissed for some reason when I asked, Northbay Firearm (Montana Hawk). Were did you get your lower from? I guess the closest place might be San Jose maybe? I need to find out, I might take you up on that offer!

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 2:49 PM
The owners and employees at what was Montana hawk have no tolerance for what they do not understand.

I was there about 8 months or so ago while visiting my wife's rentals in RP I took some time and went to this local gun shop trying to market my MAG-LOCK and I showed them the law on paper and completely explained to them about off list lowers and they were extremely rude to me. You would have thought I was asking them to bring in a MG from china or something. the owner or manager told me nooooooooooooooo those are illegal the doj told us they plan to update the list within 2 weeks and then anyone who owns one will be guilty of a felony automatically for having it in their possession.

Found that out the hard way today when I called, the dude seemed pretty pissed for some reason when I asked, Northbay Firearm (Montana Hawk). Were did you get your lower from? I guess the closest place might be San Jose maybe? I need to find out, I might take you up on that offer!

mufc
11-21-2006, 2:53 PM

+1 on ordering from tenpercentfirearms, Wes is great to work with.

if u have any questions regarding the build of the rifle/maintenance/add-ons dont hesitate to ask!

(ive a Stag build myself and it has been nothing but quality)

Dave in LB
11-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Not to hijack the thread but I grew up in NoCal specificaly Santa Rosa. I know both Helms and Montan Hawk and you guys couldn't have nailed them any better than you did. I too work in the industry and have had some reservations about the OLLs but i'll not be letting freedom get trampled by the left on this one.

Adrian
11-22-2006, 8:57 AM
Not to hijack the thread but I grew up in NoCal specificaly Santa Rosa. I know both Helms and Montan Hawk and you guys couldn't have nailed them any better than you did. I too work in the industry and have had some reservations about the OLLs but i'll not be letting freedom get trampled by the left on this one.
Well besides the call they have been pretty cool to me considering I dont look like your typical gun enthusiast, and pretty new to this. I went in getting some shells for my new mossberg, told the older guy my situation and he was very helpful. He told me the place I go shooting requires you to only shoot steel rounds wich were double the price but if I was going to be on private property I could use the cheap stuff. He was out of the cheap stuff and told me that walmart has it pretty cheap(I dont shop at walmart though). So far to me they have been pretty cool

Adrian
11-22-2006, 8:59 AM
Ten percent is sold out of my locks but you can just buy the MAG-LOCK from me directly.

And not to nag but only about 5 left so don't be left out.

Once they are gone as porky pig says that's all folks!!!

What exacally do they do? as said before totoally new at this:p

SemiAutoSam
11-22-2006, 9:50 AM
What exactly do they do? as said before totally new at this:p

The MAG-LOCK'S (fixed mag kit) secure the magazine into the mag well according to the letter of the law.

See the threads listed in mysigline.

Anyone think there are enough noobs for another run ? anyone care to become distributors of this product of mine ?

Tzvia
11-22-2006, 6:41 PM
What exacally do they do? as said before totoally new at this:p

The best way to start, is to know the law because this will dictate the type of build you are doing:

1. fixed mag + whatever evil features you want OR-
2. detachable magazines with no evil features.

For build type #1, you can use the evil features. Flashhiders, collapsable stocks, thumbhole stocks, pistol grips are all OK here BUT you will have to lock the mag in place. Purchase a mag lock kit, and when building the lower, lock that mag in place BEFORE you attach the pistol grip. Then build the rest. To load such a rifle, you pull out the rear take-down pin and lever it open somewhat like a dbl barrel shotgun and load the rifle with the mag in place. It never comes out.

For build #2, you will be using a fixed NON THUMBHOLE stock, muzzle brake only (no flashhider) and NO pistol grip (spring retaining bracket or Monsterman non pistolgrip grip), you can use interchangable magazines and don't need the mag lock kits.

Something to watch out for, if you will be buying an upper pre-made, it may have a flashhider which will have to come off if you are going the no-evil-features build with removable mag. If you are going to lock the mag in place, it's a non issue. This is one reason why you need to think things through FIRST and know what you can and cannot do LEGALLY.

Adrian
11-22-2006, 7:28 PM
The best way to start, is to know the law because this will dictate the type of build you are doing:

1. fixed mag + whatever evil features you want OR-
2. detachable magazines with no evil features.

For build type #1, you can use the evil features. Flashhiders, collapsable stocks, thumbhole stocks, pistol grips are all OK here BUT you will have to lock the mag in place. Purchase a mag lock kit, and when building the lower, lock that mag in place BEFORE you attach the pistol grip. Then build the rest. To load such a rifle, you pull out the rear take-down pin and lever it open somewhat like a dbl barrel shotgun and load the rifle with the mag in place. It never comes out.

For build #2, you will be using a fixed NON THUMBHOLE stock, muzzle brake only (no flashhider) and NO pistol grip (spring retaining bracket or Monsterman non pistolgrip grip), you can use interchangable magazines and don't need the mag lock kits.

Something to watch out for, if you will be buying an upper pre-made, it may have a flashhider which will have to come off if you are going the no-evil-features build with removable mag. If you are going to lock the mag in place, it's a non issue. This is one reason why you need to think things through FIRST and know what you can and cannot do LEGALLY.

Really, I did not now that thanks for clearing that up! Shoot now i run into the problem of what I want to do fixed or not... Thanks!

Adrian
11-24-2006, 2:24 PM
**UPDATE**
Ordred the Stag 15 lower and kit. I also ordered the Stag Stock all from Cold War Shooters, very nice people thier. Cant wait to start the build!

MilSpec.45
11-24-2006, 5:56 PM
What FFL did you end up using?

Adrian
11-24-2006, 5:58 PM
What FFL did you end up using?
BST GUNS in Petaluma. I was so happy thier was somebody close.

MilSpec.45
11-24-2006, 6:18 PM
BST GUNS in Petaluma. I was so happy thier was somebody close.

Thats good to know, I am glad everything worked out for you. Good luck with the build.

Adrian
11-26-2006, 5:44 PM
The more I get into this the more questions I have:confused: ...;). First off about the the Mag being locked into place.... Right now I have the parts I have listed above ordered. Its going to be set up with a removable mag I assume. If I wanted it to have a fixed mag do I need a separate kit, or what would I need? Another thing is thier any thread or site that had a good comparison on uppers? As soon as im done building the lower im probobly going to order a Upper asap. Ive been looking into a Stag Arms upper with a Carry handle not sure what size of barrel I want though. Thanks,
-Adrian

hoffmang
11-26-2006, 6:05 PM
First, you need to be a bit careful and understand the difference between a fixed magazine build and a detachable build.

You can not build an OLL into a detachable build and have it include any of these:
Pistol Grip
Flash Suppressor
Collapsible stock
Forward pistol grip

You have a collapsible stock on the way so to use that stock you must pin the magazine. If you pin the magazine then you can have any features you want on the rifle. To load it you will remove the rear pin of the upper and load the fixed magazine with the gun in half.

Do not try to build a detachable with a collapsible stock. It is highly illegal. You can build without features by using a monsterman grip and an A2 stock or the U-15 stock. Make sure your upper has no flash hider - instead it can have no muzzle device or a muzzle brake.

I suggest you plug these terms into the search box up there on the right and read the older threads.

-Gene

ghost
11-26-2006, 11:20 PM
i`m going to build one soon too i`ve learned alot from eveyone on the forum.i`ll be posting pics when i`m done as well

high_revs
12-20-2006, 10:44 AM
so where exactly do i find roll pin holders. the guy at home depot gave me a weird look. and roll pin punches are the same thing as punch tools, yes?

i got everything in, and i just need to start assembling.

kap
12-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Here are some at Midwayusa.com. You should be able to find them at a hardware store though.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=465902

high_revs
12-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Here are some at Midwayusa.com. You should be able to find them at a hardware store though.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=465902

ok, but what about the "roll pin holder?" i cannot find the picture of this for the life of me.

Prc329
12-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Neddle nose pliers :)

kap
12-20-2006, 11:58 AM
You can use your fingers too.

veeklog
12-20-2006, 1:19 PM
I purchased a OLL lower last Saturday from Gun Runners in Duarte. great peolpe, great customer service.But I live in San Diego, and it is a hell of a drive. My parent's still live in Huntington Beach, so it's not that bad of a drive. Do you know a friendly FFL holder so I could get one from DD Ranch or ColdWar shooters between Orange County and San Diego? I have posted this question a few times on this site, but no one has replied. Well, at least I got one OLL, but like everyone else, I want one more.

On an off-not, I have a REGISTERED preban Armalite AR-15 with a DPMS AP-4 upper. It shoots great, but I think I would enjoy it more when I finish it with my own two hands.

Thanks to all on this board, and I am glad you guys accepted me as a member.

cloner
12-20-2006, 4:48 PM
I purchased a OLL lower last Saturday from Gun Runners in Duarte. great peolpe, great customer service.But I live in San Diego, and it is a hell of a drive. My parent's still live in Huntington Beach, so it's not that bad of a drive. Do you know a friendly FFL holder so I could get one from DD Ranch or ColdWar shooters between Orange County and San Diego? I have posted this question a few times on this site, but no one has replied. Well, at least I got one OLL, but like everyone else, I want one more.

On an off-not, I have a REGISTERED preban Armalite AR-15 with a DPMS AP-4 upper. It shoots great, but I think I would enjoy it more when I finish it with my own two hands.

Thanks to all on this board, and I am glad you guys accepted me as a member.

Veeklog,

I live in San Diego and just purchased two Stag 15 lowers and had them shipped to Royal Loan FFL(They are on El Cajon Blvd. and very nice to deal with). DDs ranch has them on file so all you have to do is contact Royal to let them know that you are shipping your lowers to them. My ten days are up on Dec. 26th!!!!! Merry X-mas to me, merry x-mas to me. Heehhehehehehhehehehehe.

Stag15 lower
RRA LPK with two stage trigger
10 round clip with Prince50 Mag Lock
RRA Predator Pursuit 20 Upper
SS10X42 Super Sniper Scope
ARMS #22 QD High Scope Rings
Magpul PRS stock

Everything is in as of today and I will be building on Tuesday and if weather permits, I will be breaking it in on Wednesday (I have some very isolated property in the mountains that I can shoot at to my hearts content). As soon as Monster Man comes out with his new grip, I will be getting one of those so I can go open mag and use the high-caps I have had since the early 80s.

Cloner

veeklog
12-20-2006, 6:13 PM
Cloner:
Thanks for the help. I was able to contact Ken at Royal Loan and he is going to help me buy another lower. I spoke with DD Ranch, and they said they just got a few DoubleStars into inventory; however, I would like a Stag or CMMG lower this time. I pickup my other lower day after Christmas, but still have to get the parts. Oh, just in case someone is reading this threat, I heard today from Ken that the 31st might be the last day they are sold if DOJ updates their list by January 1st. We'll have to wait and see becuase they said all along they have been trying to update the list since the beginning of the year. So, everyone get ready for the registration period to come.

Thanks to all on this site. I'll send in Picture of my rifle after I am done with it, along with my pre-ban

Veeklog,

I live in San Diego and just purchased two Stag 15 lowers and had them shipped to Royal Loan FFL(They are on El Cajon Blvd. and very nice to deal with). DDs ranch has them on file so all you have to do is contact Royal to let them know that you are shipping your lowers to them. My ten days are up on Dec. 26th!!!!! Merry X-mas to me, merry x-mas to me. Heehhehehehehhehehehehe.

Stag15 lower
RRA LPK with two stage trigger
10 round clip with Prince50 Mag Lock
RRA Predator Pursuit 20 Upper
SS10X42 Super Sniper Scope
ARMS #22 QD High Scope Rings
Magpul PRS stock

Everything is in as of today and I will be building on Tuesday and if weather permits, I will be breaking it in on Wednesday (I have some very isolated property in the mountains that I can shoot at to my hearts content). As soon as Monster Man comes out with his new grip, I will be getting one of those so I can go open mag and use the high-caps I have had since the early 80s.

Cloner

cloner
12-20-2006, 6:43 PM
Cloner:
Thanks for the help. I was able to contact Ken at Royal Loan and he is going to help me buy another lower. I spoke with DD Ranch, and they said they just got a few DoubleStars into inventory; however, I would like a Stag or CMMG lower this time. I pickup my other lower day after Christmas, but still have to get the parts. Oh, just in case someone is reading this threat, I heard today from Ken that the 31st might be the last day they are sold if DOJ updates their list by January 1st. We'll have to wait and see becuase they said all along they have been trying to update the list since the beginning of the year. So, everyone get ready for the registration period to come.

Thanks to all on this site. I'll send in Picture of my rifle after I am done with it, along with my pre-ban

Veeklog,

Check with Eagle Firearms, that is where I got my Stag 15's. They also have Royal on file and they sent them out the same day I ordered them!

Cloner

SmokinGun
12-20-2006, 7:16 PM
I have built two Romy AK kits for about $200 each. What is the cost of an average AR build? Lets assume that we are talking about parts only, not including shipping, FFL fees, etc...

jester
12-21-2006, 8:21 AM
My AR build, when complete I think, will be about $550, well worth it...

veeklog
12-21-2006, 7:06 PM
Cloner:

Thanks for your help. When I spoke with Ken he told me that a lot of customers use DD's Ranch or Coldwar shooters. I was able to talk to DD's and right now they only have Doublestar's in stock, but I wanted a Stag lower. DD's told me that they would have Stag's by mid next week, so I purchased the Stag Lower from DD's, and tonight filled out the paperwork at Royal Loan. Thanks for all the advice, especially you, Cloner. Now I get to build two lowers instead of one, and I pick up the first day after Christmas.

cloner
12-21-2006, 7:12 PM
Cloner:

Thanks for your help. When I spoke with Ken he told me that a lot of customers use DD's Ranch or Coldwar shooters. I was able to talk to DD's and right now they only have Doublestar's in stock, but I wanted a Stag lower. DD's told me that they would have Stag's by mid next week, so I purchased the Stag Lower from DD's, and tonight filled out the paperwork at Royal Loan. Thanks for all the advice, especially you, Cloner. Now I get to build two lowers instead of one, and I pick up the first day after Christmas.

Glad to help!!:)

I am new to this as well and I think I have a fever, chills, and night sweats. BRD positive!

Cloner

P.S. My wife just found out how much I have spent in the last few weeks. I think I have to go buy her a few more gifts for x-mas to make up for it. :D

PLINK
12-22-2006, 1:48 AM
so where exactly do i find roll pin holders. the guy at home depot gave me a weird look. and roll pin punches are the same thing as punch tools, yes?

i got everything in, and i just need to start assembling.

I use a center punch til the pin gets close to the hole, then finish it off with the correct size punch. Works for me.

veeklog
12-22-2006, 9:27 AM
Cloner:

I guess I am lucky at the moment because I don't have a wife and the girlfreind broke up with me. So I guess I get to spend all my hard-earned money on myself and my OLL builds this year. Oh Joy!! Cloner, have a good one, and post your pics of your build after the first of the year.

On an off-note, I previously mentioned that I have a registered pre-ban AR-15, but could not find the letter from state. After reading a few threads on this board about having the letter with weapon at all time, I became a little paranoid and began to go through an old box of mail, and viola, found the letter. So that is how I started off my Annual leave.