PDA

View Full Version : Colt Single Action Army 3rd Gen - legal to sell/ship to CA?

DHart
04-22-2011, 7:27 PM
I have a possible buyer in CA for a Colt SAA 3rd Gen that I am selling. He asked me if I would ship it to California. I would be happy to sell it to him and ship it to California (from Washington State) if it is legal for me to to do so.

I know that these days a lot of sellers are wary of selling to CA because of the insane laws that the politicians have hampered the good people of California with... so I ask... can I sell a Colt SAA 3rd Gen to a Californian and ship there?

wamphyri13
04-22-2011, 7:31 PM
Yes it can. Single actions are exempt from roster and okay to ship.
BTW - I miss your gun photos from 1911forum.com. ;)
Ryan

DHart
04-22-2011, 7:39 PM
Hey Ryan... thanks for the note, buddy. I appreciate the info and your kind remarks. Most of my photos are to be found on GunBroker (aka ZWolfgang) these days! HA... Just thinning the herd a bit, so to speak.

Nice avatar, BTW, she is a honey! (Got a thing for brunettes.) ;)

fennecfrank
04-22-2011, 7:41 PM
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2007.pdf

The requirements for handguns to pass safety and functionality tests and to be listed in the Department of Justice’s official list of handguns certified as safe for sale in California do not apply to transactions involving the following:

• Single-action revolvers with at least a five-cartridge capacity, a barrel length of not less than three
inches, and either:
(a) were originally manufactured prior to 1900 and are curios or relics, as defined in Section 178.11
of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations; or
(b) have an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at least seven and one-half
inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled. (Penal Code 12133.)

DHart
04-22-2011, 7:47 PM
Thank you, Frank, for that info!