View Full Version : synthetic stock for yugo mauser 24/47

04-22-2011, 3:16 PM
i can't find any, google fails me. i need one with a rail system. can you help me?

edit: since i can't find one, i am going to strip the stock and stain it black.

04-25-2011, 5:17 PM

04-27-2011, 4:38 PM

can i drop the yugo mauser 24/47 in a mauser 98k stock? none of those say anything about 24/47 :confused:

Milsurp Collector
04-27-2011, 7:58 PM
A Yugo Mauser will not drop into a K98 stock because the action screw spacing is different.

Go to http://www.rifle-stocks.com/ and get a laminate stock. They have 99% fit stocks for Yugo Mausers.

By the way, you probably should have posted this in the regular C&R forum instead of the Gallery section.

05-25-2011, 8:17 PM
dont mess with it man, you'll just regret it down the line. it works great as is.
if you must mod it, do only reversable stuff. you'll just reduce the value otherwise.

06-05-2011, 12:31 PM
hnoppenberger is correct, if you want to sport it, do it so you can reverse the procedure. Don't mess with the original stock, let it stay the way it is, don't even refinish it as it will take away from its originality.

Get yourself another junk stock and chop that up or just get a laminate or syn stock. Save all the original hardware, even though there's places to get parts, they will dry up. Ulimatly its your deceision, what you do on a permantant bases you may regret later on.

Me, I'm sporting three Mausers, a 98K that I had bought already sported, it needs re-bluing & a new stock, a Yugo M48 that came with all the parts for it but no stock. Then I've got an Argentine 1891 that's been shortened (someone cut the barrel down), and it needs an ejector box spring. That too had the stock sported, I'm going to swap it out for something nice maybe from Boyds.

But in all of them, I'm keeping the original parts, not chopping anything up.

I suggest you do the same. Guns are like hot babes, you can dress 'em up in anything and they will always look good!