PDA

View Full Version : Another anti-gun group, possibly Bloomberg astroturf

Stonewalker
04-22-2011, 3:02 PM
Heeding God's Call (http://www.heedinggodscall.org/content/code-conduct)

This is all about getting churches to support anti-gun legislation. I did a quick look through their website and it appears they are partners with MAIG. You sure can organize a lot of astroturf when you have billions.

G60
04-22-2011, 3:11 PM
Looks like they've been around since '09.

brings to mind the old adage "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it..."

Stonewalker
04-22-2011, 3:12 PM
Lol, my bad. I just noticed some talk of theirs around the twittersphere and that's the first I've ever heard of them. They have protests organized for Good Friday.

The Shadow
04-22-2011, 3:19 PM
This is my response to that.

uhfLEV1OHdk

You can either watch it on You Tube, or you can go to http://jpfo.org , and download it for free.

Stonewalker
04-22-2011, 3:21 PM
I am absolutely blown away by the Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership. Their videos are biting and true. I love showing those videos to my anti-gun friends and family.

The Shadow
04-22-2011, 3:43 PM
What I find most interesting is that the GCA '68 legislation was copied verbatim from the Nazi GCA. Now that's biting and all antigunners should be hit hard with that little nugget of history.

Stonewalker
04-22-2011, 3:56 PM
What I find most interesting is that the GCA '68 legislation was copied verbatim from the Nazi GCA. Now that's biting and all antigunners should be hit hard with that little nugget of history.

I know! There are many things like that in their videos that I want to study up on. They are just packed full of good stuff like that.

scarville
04-22-2011, 3:57 PM
Stupid Christian; bringing a Bible to a gunfight.

The Shadow
04-22-2011, 4:22 PM
Stupid Christian; bringing a Bible to a gunfight.

There's a lot of good stuff in the Old and New Testaments to hit them with if they want to use the Bible to justify gun control.

N6ATF
04-23-2011, 1:25 AM
Their God must be Satan, then.

Reductio
04-23-2011, 1:34 AM
There's a lot of good stuff in the Old and New Testaments to hit them with if they want to use the Bible to justify gun control.

You know, that whole thing about selling your very clothes to buy a sword and all that jazz...

Dreaded Claymore
04-23-2011, 2:49 AM
I'm sure they don't want to ask the Asatrú, or Wiccans like me, about "heeding God's call" when it comes to weapons. Like my signature line used to say, my athame has a bayonet mount to attach to my AR-15! :43:

Edit: This is definitely a MAIG front, the "RESPONSIBLE FIREARMS RETAILER PARTNERSHIP: A 10-POINT VOLUNTARY CODE" list is straight from Bloomberg. Not to mention the web page design looks exactly the same.

TKM
04-23-2011, 7:08 AM
It'd be a damn shame if that affected somebody's tax exempt status.

Any thoughts?

Jack L
04-23-2011, 8:04 AM
I am absolutely blown away by the Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership. Their videos are biting and true. I love showing those videos to my anti-gun friends and family.

I agree. Well thought out and produced A+.

stitchnicklas
04-23-2011, 9:41 AM
their 10 points thing is all stuff already in place in california

G60
04-23-2011, 9:53 AM
their 10 points thing is all stuff already in place in california

Yup. A while back there was some walmart bashing (which I'm always first to get in on, but had to defend them in this case) about them agreeing to the 'responsible FFL dealy with maig'. Half of them are something ANY FFL with half a brain does in the first place (video cameras, checking for fake ID) and the rest walmart never followed through with. (checked walmarts firearms sales SOP)

press1280
04-23-2011, 12:12 PM
This fits in with Glenn Beck's commentary about leftists trying to push an agenda under the cover of religion. I know some here don't care much for Glenn Beck, but he's got this one pegged. This group is not just a bunch of local church people who happen to be anti-gun. It's financed through leftist sugar daddies.
The group's head, Bryan Miller, was head of Ceasefire NJ, which lost its domain address to pro-gun rights group NJ Coalition for Self Defense. Ceasefire NJ is now oddly enough under the NJ government web site. I don't have all the details, but it seems NJ is feeding that group as well. Bit of a conflict there.
Here's the thread from PAFOA on the matter : http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/50715-gun-owners-1-ceasefire-nj-0-a.html

Dreaded Claymore
04-23-2011, 6:04 PM
This fits in with Glenn Beck's commentary about leftists trying to push an agenda under the cover of religion. I know some here don't care much for Glenn Beck, but he's got this one pegged. This group is not just a bunch of local church people who happen to be anti-gun. It's financed through leftist sugar daddies.

This is definitely a good example of what you describe, but I can't think of any other examples.