View Full Version : All this talk about thumbholes...

11-19-2006, 4:24 PM
All this talk about thumbholes after I bought an A1 Vltor stock for a Monsterman grip build. It's got more holes than swiss cheese. Most are too small to even be thought of as thumbholes, but there was one rectangular hole, and a sling swivel point too close for comfort. So I put the sling swivel stud in the one hole, and the other I filled with epoxy for a 'quick fix' until I can come up with something better, (probably a cut to size plastic plug held with epoxy). For now, the holes are closed.

While it's madness to think these holes are thumbholes, technically my thumb could reach it although it was very uncomfortable and I could not grasp the grip that way. And the 'hole' in front of the swivel is the space between the monsterman and the stock so it's not a thumbhole and it's too small to allow a pistol style grasp.

I guess the point here is to think 'beyond the box' and be extra safe.

11-19-2006, 4:42 PM
I think everyone is being extra EXTRA crazy with the whole "thumbhole" thing, but if it makes you feel at ease then I say go for it. I personally wouldn't do stuff like this, but then again it probably is better to be safe than sorry.

Now let's just hope it doesn't leave a mark (like being darker from less sun exposure or something).