PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Kit; took the plunge...

OwensDad
04-22-2011, 9:25 AM
And ordered a Kimber 22lr conversion kit last night. Was going back and forth between the kit and a dedicated 22, but ultimately decided on the Kimber kit as my main goal is to become a better shot with my Kimber II Stainless.

Found what I think is a pretty good deal ($280, free shipping) and it should be shipped out later today. Looking forward getting a lot more trigger time with my Kimber without breaking the bank.

Happy Easter and have a great weekend!

.22guy
04-22-2011, 9:43 AM
You will have a blast with that. I have a Ceiner .22 conversion for my Springfield GI and it's great fun.

VirT
04-22-2011, 2:03 PM
Congrats! Love mine. FWIW, I've had good success with the Federal bulk pack .22LR.

shadow65
04-22-2011, 2:05 PM
I shoot more .22 than anything else.
Enjoy!

sofbak
04-22-2011, 6:16 PM
I got a rimfire kit for my sig p220. Talk about pure fun-and accurate too!

YMMV, but most that I have read about, break these in with CCI mini-mags. I ran 200 of those through it, and then switched over to winchester "555" bulk from walmart. No malfs, no problems with either, but my 220 is a well "broken in" former duty gun from a sheriffs deputy.

Now for the economics... I have 600 .22 rounds through this now. The difference in the cost between .45 and .22 is about 33 cents. I figured it up, and when I cross the 900 round count with this rimfire kit, it will have paid for itself in the ammo savings!!!!

Now that's economics even my wife can appreciate;)

redcliff
04-22-2011, 7:05 PM
I've shot several thousand rounds through my Marvel Precision model 1 and prior to that even more through my Colt Service Model Ace. I can't recommend .222lr conversion enough; the money you save and the good practice you get is hard to beat. It's also a good way to learn not to flinch while shooting your 1911 and to work on acquiring your front sight at speed.

OwensDad
04-22-2011, 8:51 PM
Thanks Guys; you are all confirming my exact reasoning behind the purchase. I also got a Sig 522 that I do most of my long gun shooting with and it clearly has help my with the AR15 etc as well, so I hope for similar dividends in being able to shoot my Kimber much more than I would in the big caliber. Can't wait to get my gready little paws on it...