View Full Version : Last chance for public input- El Dorado County parks Master Plan design

04-21-2011, 11:02 PM
The last public workshop, for public input, on the future El Dorado County Parks Master Plan is on/at:

April 27, 2011 6-7:30 pm
Greenwood Community Center
Greenwood, CA 95635

This is the last chance for probably 10+ years for you to offer easy input into what types of Parks we will build in the future. Since there is a heavy influence by just a half dozen dedicated people pushing a "passive park" (no fun) type agenda, you need to speak now, or forever hold your peace.

If you are into 2nd amendment uses, or motorsports, archery, or even basic sports fields, you really need to voice your wishes on 4/27/11. There is no money to build much now, but as money comes in, they will turn to this Master Plan, and follow it. So, make a giant impact now, for the future.

This last meeting might have four to ten people show up. These dedicated people will decide what our Parks planning will become. If just five interested people showed up to "vote", they could have a very significant impact. You do not need to be a El Do County resident to "vote".

At about 7 pm, everyone will be given six "votes", to place in front of their favorite Parks ideas. (all pre printed) For example: Equestrian, flower photography, bird watching, disc golf, boccie ball, baseball, etc, etc
There will also be a blank page for you to write in sugestions, something not on the list.

For example, since I'm pissed off about the Forests being shut down to most vehicular traffic and most all firearm uses, I decided to write in "Motorsports" & "2nd amendment uses". Then proceeded to put all of my "votes" in front of those choices, hence stacking the deck. I wish I had been faster, because most "votes" were cast before I had written my new options down, and people were saying "oh yeah, I didn't think of that".

So, if you can spare an hour or so of your time on April 27, 2011, you would be helping out all of us down the road. At least minimize the folks that want even more Parks land where nothing can occur.

Small steps to taking back our Country = one hour of your time.

Greenwood is close to: Georgetown, Cool, Auburn, Placerville

Info: http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/search.aspx?searchtext=parks&folderid=0&searchfor=all&orderby=id&orderdirection=ascending

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Greenwood+Community+Center+Greenwood,+CA+95635&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Greenwood+Community+Center&hnear=Greenwood,+CA+95635&cid=0,0,379180230479783127&ei=LyexTay1MIrSsAPD0JTlCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQnwIwAA

04-22-2011, 8:02 AM
Thanks for the notice, I had not heard anything about this.

Do you happen to know if the Community Center is on hwy 193, or on a side road?

I will try to make it out there.

04-23-2011, 9:50 PM
I have not been out there for a year, so I'm not 100% sure on a perfectly exact location. But hopefully the map link works. And the address can always be searched.

It is a real shame that only three public workshops, attended by only a handful of people, will determine the future use of our parks for the next decade plus.

And believe me, most of them are not, in the least bit, friends of the 2nd amendment.

With the Forests being shut down to the access of The People, it is well worth an hour of our time, to not only push back, but to reclaim our freedom to exercise our God given Constitutional Rights.

Hope to see you there.

04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
i think i'll try to make it. I live in Sac county but i like el dorado county a lot, spent a lot of time in shingle springs during my childhood.

04-24-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm going to do what I can to make it out there..

04-25-2011, 9:27 PM
Bump... This is important guys...