PDA

View Full Version : SKS NON-US mags blocking

maguiver77
04-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi guys,

I have a few questions? Can I take a non-US steel 30 Round Mag and block it to accept only 10 rounds and be CA legal?

are the 10 round Non-US fixed steel mag legal for CA?

Im assuming that I could use the any mag as long as it is a 10 round and fixed and get my parts count to 10.

Lastly what do you prefer the US Tapco or Steel.

Th

Mssr. Eleganté
04-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Most SKSs come from the factory with a 10 round non-US steel magazine. What exactly are you trying to do? You mention "10 parts" so I assume you're trying to get your imported parts count down to comply with 922(r) so you can modify the rifle in some way. But then you say you are looking for a "non-US" magazine. :confused::confused::confused:

bohoki
04-21-2011, 11:12 PM
ive not seen any 30 round sks mags from foreign sources

Quiet
04-21-2011, 11:25 PM
ive not seen any 30 round sks mags from foreign sources

:iagree:

All detachable (duckbill) SKS magazines are made in the USA.

The Chineses did make a fixed 20 round magazine.
All other foreign made fixed magazines are 10 rounders.

model63
04-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I thought some Chinese Norinco's were made to accept AK mags on a subset of carbines... could of been an urban legend... but those are a no-no here I am pretty sure, esp in CA... don't know if those were 922 compliant... go with the fixed mag to be safe... Buymilsurp.com has some for about $40

Quiet
04-22-2011, 12:01 AM
I thought some Chinese Norinco's were made to accept AK mags on a subset of carbines... could of been an urban legend... but those are a no-no here I am pretty sure, esp in CA... don't know if those were 922 compliant... go with the fixed mag to be safe... Buymilsurp.com has some for about $40

Norinco SKS-D and SKS-M were factory made to use AK magazines.
They are make/model banned in CA.

Penal Code 12276
As used in this chapter, "assault weapon" shall mean the following designated semiautomatic firearms:
(a) All of the following specified rifles:
(11) SKS with detachable magazine.

Penal Code 12281
(i) Notwithstanding paragraph (11) of subdivision (a) of Section 12276, an "SKS rifle" under this section means all SKS rifles commonly referred to as "SKS Sporter" versions, manufactured to accept a detachable AK-47 magazine and imported into this state and sold by a licensed gun dealer, or otherwise lawfully possessed in this state by a resident of this state who is not a licensed gun dealer, between January 1, 1992, and December 19, 1997.