PDA

View Full Version : Want to make sure I am legal.

Prc329
11-19-2006, 11:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/naytwan/_MG_2484.jpg

The only difference in my rifle right now is a forward grip.

it has 16" barrel, a DPMS Muzzle Brake (liked the look better then the flash hider), Prince 50 mag lock, pro-mag 10 round mag, pistol grip and DPMS adjustable buttstock. Collapse the rifle is 33" long.

For my second build I plan on using a 20" varmiter upper, my monsterman grip and my A2 buttstock.

I'm legal on my current build and my planned build correct? I am pretty sure I followed all of your very knowledgeable suggestions on a proper build. It was a lot of fun and the finished rifle looks very cool. I am so looking forward to hitting Angeles next weekend. The only other rifle I have that feels as comfortable as this one is my Marlin 1894C. It almost feels like it molds into my body.

blkA4alb
11-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Yes you are legal.

Make sure the varminter upper doesn't have a flash hider and you're good to go.

SemiAutoSam
11-19-2006, 11:27 AM
From what I remember everything is OK except the buttstock.

From what I remember you cant have a telescopic stock with the mag fixed
If you want to run a telescopic stock you cannot have a PG or FM.

Well I relied upon memory and the PC link that I had is a dead link SO at the moment I cant back this UP.

Prc329
11-19-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm looking at a RRA or DPMS upper.

blkA4alb
11-19-2006, 11:28 AM

No, a fixed magazine allows all of the features to be used.

M. Sage
11-19-2006, 12:36 PM
+1, it's a semiauto, centerfire rifle with DETACHABLE mag AND evil features. Eliminate evil features and you can have a detachable mag. Eliminate detachable mag and you can have evil features.

Your rifles are legal, like blkA4alb said, though, just make sure your project doesn't have a flash hider.

rorschach
11-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Nice rifle, good job!!

ohsmily
11-19-2006, 2:09 PM

Wrong...........Why would the buttstock make it bad out of all the other "evil" features? Makes no sense. I guess you don't like telescoping stocks. With a fixed magazine, you can have whatever "evil assault weapon" feature you want...

TheMan
11-19-2006, 2:30 PM
Your rifles are legal, like blkA4alb said, though, just make sure your project doesn't have a flash hider.

Why are you saying he shouldn't have a flash hider?

Prc329
11-19-2006, 3:00 PM
From my understanding of the law, if you want a detachable mag you can not have a flash hider, telescoping stock or pistol grip of any kind. If you pin the mag you can have all those features as long as your receiver is off the list.

Joe
11-19-2006, 3:18 PM
Why are you saying he shouldn't have a flash hider?

Because he was talking about the second build...

For my second build I plan on using a 20" varmiter upper, my monsterman grip and my A2 buttstock.

Make sure the varminter upper doesn't have a flash hider and you're good to go.

Joe
11-19-2006, 3:19 PM
From my understanding of the law, if you want a detachable mag you can not have a flash hider, telescoping stock or pistol grip of any kind. If you pin the mag you can have all those features as long as your receiver is off the list.

This is correct.

11-20-2006, 6:02 AM
Nice job on your rifle. You will have to let us know how it shoots!

tenpercentfirearms
11-20-2006, 7:19 AM

Well I relied upon memory and the PC link that I had is a dead link SO at the moment I cant back this UP.
Sam what is the deal? Your fixed mag lock kit was designed so it would be a fixed magazine rifle and so none of the assault weapons rules would apply. How can you not know that with a fixed magazine kit that a collapsible stock is perfectly legal?

I have reason to believe that one of two things happened.

1) SAS got drunk and started typing or
2) His handle has been compromised by a DOJ mole and we are all going to jail now!

You make the call.

ohsmily
11-20-2006, 9:15 AM
I have reason to believe that one of two things happened.

1) SAS got drunk and started typing or
2) His handle has been compromised by a DOJ mole and we are all going to jail now!

You make the call.

There are MANY things Sam could have done to lead giving such an illogical and incorrect reply, not the least of which is drinking as you cited in "1)"