PDA

View Full Version : Any Updates on Cal-Guns fight against the High Cap magazine ban...

AEC1
04-21-2011, 6:36 PM
Just thought I would renew the question: Are we there yet? it has been
:twoweeks: since librarian killed the last one....:D

Blackhawk556
04-21-2011, 6:41 PM
If they killed it, don't you think you should wait at least until we get a win in any lawsuit? Sorry, didn't mean to be mean or anything.

Caladain
04-21-2011, 6:50 PM
If they killed it, don't you think you should wait at least until we get a win in any lawsuit? Sorry, didn't mean to be mean or anything.

I was actually excited thinking Gene had filed and was gonna reveal the blanks in his plan.

Curse you (not you Blackhawk, the OP) for getting my hopes up.

Bhobbs
04-21-2011, 6:50 PM
Haha I was just talking about this with my buddy.

I would expect a thread to be posted when there is any update.

mossy
04-21-2011, 7:36 PM
as i understand it there was a thread just like this, some guy sold a few 10 round 10/22 mags marked way the he!l up and then the thread spun out of control with over 1000 posts that had nothing to do with the original topic, the thread was locked and there has been no new news so far :hide:

G60
04-21-2011, 7:39 PM
as i understand it there was a thread just like this, some guy sold a few 10 round 10/22 mags marked way the he!l up and then the thread spun out of control with over 1000 posts that had nothing to do with the original topic, the thread was locked and there has been no new news so far :hide:

:smilielol5:

Librarian
04-21-2011, 7:55 PM
ilzuHdlKHPw

Sigh.

hoffmang
04-21-2011, 8:05 PM
And thus it begins again.

Some activity, nothing conclusive. No timelines I can share yet.

-Gene

Cato
04-21-2011, 8:07 PM
Get used to the 10 round limit; it ain't going anywhere.

Once gun rights are gone, they're gone forever! :(

hoffmang
04-21-2011, 8:18 PM

Except in:
D.C.
Chicago
Sacramento County
San Francisco Public Housing
San Francisco generally

Those are just the ones that come to me off the top of my head.

-Gene

dantodd
04-21-2011, 8:56 PM
Except in:
D.C.
Chicago
Sacramento County
San Francisco generally

-Gene

Well, yeah but aside from those it NEVER happens. (oh and, AR-15s in CA, and then there's concealed carry in 40+ states...)

Bhobbs
04-21-2011, 9:03 PM
And thus it begins again.

-Gene

As long as there is some progress its all good with me. Having hi caps would just make me go broke faster.

Cato
04-21-2011, 9:49 PM
Well, yeah but aside from those it NEVER happens. (oh and, AR-15s in CA, and then there's concealed carry in 40+ states...)

Yeah, OK

TWO WEEKS!

bwiese
04-21-2011, 9:53 PM

And you forgot vigorous sale of non-Rostered handguns - getting that Colt 1911 or Glock Gen4 you want.... :)

Riflelover
04-21-2011, 9:57 PM
Ibtl again.

Maestro Pistolero
04-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Couldn't there at least be a new title for this moribund thread?

morfeeis
04-21-2011, 11:54 PM
i was starting to wonder where the old thread went.........

AEC1
04-22-2011, 5:42 AM
:)And thus it begins again.

-Gene

Thanks. Librarian, you can close this again....

JeepFreak
04-22-2011, 6:51 AM
I check Justia once a week or more for the lawsuit... but no sign http://www.slicky.net/smilies/wtc.gif
http://goo.gl/FnckD
Billy

Rock6.3
04-22-2011, 7:06 AM
As long as there is some progress its all good with me. Having hi caps would just make me go broke faster.

I believe you are referring to 'standard capacity magazines' as opposed to the California nutered 'reduced capacity magazines'.

Don't give the anti's an inch, don't use their incorrect language. Tell the truth, say it like it really is. We desire to own, use, transfer, loan, import, and sell 'standard capacity' magazines.

JeepFreak
04-22-2011, 7:56 AM
I believe you are referring to 'standard capacity magazines' as opposed to the California nutered 'reduced capacity magazines'.

Don't give the anti's an inch, don't use their incorrect language. Tell the truth, say it like it really is. We desire to own, use, transfer, loan, import, and sell 'standard capacity' magazines.

OMG, we've been through this a bazillion times... we use "High Capacity" to mean greater than 10rds because that's what the CA penal code says.
Billy

bden
04-22-2011, 8:06 AM

-Gene

We've had movement! :43:

$P-Ritch$
04-22-2011, 8:37 AM
OMG, we've been through this a bazillion times... we use "High Capacity" to mean greater than 10rds because that's what the CA penal code says.
Billy

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing.

This thread is taking an identical turn to the original. We are only 1970 posts behind.

.22guy
04-22-2011, 8:46 AM

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

stix213
04-22-2011, 9:35 AM

I like to call them 'adult size magazines' personally :p

jeff762
04-22-2011, 9:53 AM

please stop it with the defeatist attitude. a war is not won with a single battle. it won with multipul battles and an overall final objective. keep your chin up. we are slowly winning.

wazdat
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Would you consider these "High Capacity"? :yes:

http://members.cox.net/wazdat1/hicap.jpg

IBTL!

CABilly
04-22-2011, 1:30 PM
Except in:
D.C.
Chicago
Sacramento County
San Francisco generally

-Gene

All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what have the Romans done for us?

hoffmang
04-22-2011, 3:09 PM
All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what have the Romans done for us?

NOTHING!!!!

Doing some work on this project today :43:

-Gene

Uxi
04-22-2011, 3:10 PM

This. Until the California AWB is modified or pulled or overturned, it's just a diversion from the one or two featureless weapons I have. All the really fun ones have pistol grips, though.

chris
04-22-2011, 5:09 PM

IBTL!

what "high capacity"? i only see a pair.

tonelar
04-22-2011, 5:27 PM
OMG, we've been through this a bazillion times... we use "Large Capacity" to mean greater than 10rds because that's what the CA penal code says.
Billy

Fixed it for ya

cruising7388
04-22-2011, 5:35 PM

IBTL!

Sad to say, she's waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond my capacity.

12voltguy
04-22-2011, 5:36 PM
Fixed it for ya

clip clip clipclip clip clipclip clip clip!
I'm betting that bugs you too:D

MasterYong
04-22-2011, 5:53 PM
Not this fecal matter again...

The old thread got locked? I was so tired of the stupid post count antics and bickering over acceptable vernacular I musta blocked it out of my mind when I stopped getting email updates.

I only opened this tread because the title is the same and I thought "how the hell did that get cut down to 33 posts???"

...and now I've posted. CURSE YOU CALGUNS!!!

Bhobbs
04-22-2011, 6:08 PM
This. Until the California AWB is modified or pulled or overturned, it's just a diversion from the one or two featureless weapons I have. All the really fun ones have pistol grips, though.

Not an M14 with 20 round mags or the M1 Carbine with 15 or 30 round mags.

Uxi
04-26-2011, 8:51 AM
I should amend that to say "all MY really fun ones have pistol grips, though." I would love an M14.

Monticore
04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
...and then there's concealed carry in 40+ states...)

But this isn't CCWin40+States.net so lacks some impact for me in Santa Clara County. Just because others in this state can get them doesn't mean I can.

The work done in Sacramento County and SF is great stuff. For those affected.

I admit, Cato saying forever is a little defeatist but not all of us have enjoyed the 2A achievements mentioned. (btw, thank you for the bullet button!)

Doing something about the 10 round limit is something that the whole state can take advantage of, so the excitement I saw was more widespread. I stopped paying attention for a while but the last I saw was a paperwork snafu derailed things. Was it said somewhere that the project was being shelved or postponed?

Not because of this 10 round deal, but in general, I'm feeling a bit defeated. Strategically I understand that losses in lower courts can be a good thing as the appeal and win in a higher court is more widespread and carries more weight. The snails pace is just maddening. This 10 round deal is something that seemed could happen sooner and give some of us a jolt to believe change can actually happen.

My 2 cents, I suppose.

bigcalidave
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
It takes little wins to get the big wins, especially in court! Realistically, it hasn't been a snails pace, a lot of good has happened in the past few years and the support system is growing quickly.

Librarian
04-26-2011, 12:20 PM
The snails pace is just maddening.

Courts do not run on internet time.

Do you remember learning that Presidential Inaugurations were in March? That changed in 1933, so I don't expect anyone to actually remember it.

The reason there was a gap from November to March was to accommodate the slow transportation and communications of the late 18th and 19th and early 20th centuries. Horse and buggy! 30 mph railroads! The telegraph (1861) helped the information sharing but not the physical transportation of people.

So, the court system was designed for 19th century life. 21st century technology has only limited uses in the deliberations of judges - when we get a decision in San Francisco, we'll find out about it in Concord or Los Angeles that same morning, not the next day, or in two weeks if it had to go south by stagecoach.

Second Amendment law has been neglected in the last 80 years; we are now at the point that civil rights law was in about 1960.

It took years to get into this mess. Plan that it will take more years to get out of it.

Monticore
04-26-2011, 1:07 PM
...or in two weeks if it had to go south by stagecoach.

You said :twoweeks:

Librarian
04-26-2011, 1:25 PM
You said :twoweeks:

I did. Malice aforethought. :D

GP3
07-07-2011, 7:24 AM
Did I miss a for sale thread from hoffmang, other than the 10/22 mags?

How are things moving along?

Bhobbs
07-07-2011, 9:22 AM
Dammit. I thought something actually happened.

Yes, Gene sold the 10/22 mags a long time ago.

GP3
07-07-2011, 9:24 AM
Nope. Nothing for four months now.

Peter.Steele
07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Nope. Nothing for four months now.

No no no no. It's been less than 2 weeks, dude.

advocatusdiaboli
07-07-2011, 5:04 PM
And you forgot vigorous sale of non-Rostered handguns - getting that Colt 1911 or Glock Gen4 you want.... :)

Amen there Bill. Circumventing The Roster is a sweet victory indeed. I am in the market for a Glock 26 and now I can get a Gen 4. Sweet. Wish they still made the OD frame though.

I have my dark days for sure, but I brighten back thanks to, in no small part, this community here. Thanks everyone. Especially the Moderators and the Calguns Foundation folks. You work tirelessly behind the scenes for great gains for us yet many of us forget because your efforts are not as visible as a home run or a touch down. But they are far more important and lasting. Thank you one and all.

:79:

hoffmang
07-07-2011, 6:12 PM
:twoweeks:

-Gene

Bhobbs
07-07-2011, 6:23 PM
:twoweeks:

-Gene

:ban:

:rofl2: