PDA

View Full Version : Armalite Wants To Support California

C123K_LoadMaster
11-19-2006, 8:50 AM
From the Bigger Hammer board.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard/index.cgi?read=191226

6172crew
11-19-2006, 8:59 AM
Yet they wont change the model numbers on the Eagle Arms AR10s.

Call them CAR10s and we will buy them.

Good to go on the bolt action stuff though.:)

tenpercentfirearms
11-19-2006, 9:07 AM
Yeah I told them in February at the Shot Show to make this thing happen. They were talking about how they were going to do something big for the CA crowd. I don't care about a freaking .338 AR50. That doesn't do a damn thing for me that I can't get elsewhere.

ARMALITE!!! LISTEN TO ME! IF YOU WANT MY BUSINESS AND A HECK OF A LOT OF IT MAKE AN OFF LIST AR10! Until they do that, I think they are just trying to do the Ronnie Barrett thing of sounding great for California in order to increase sales with very little output on their part.

cornholio1
11-19-2006, 9:11 AM
For sure. I e-mailed them. Well I know for sure, some company is gonna make Armalite compatable AR10 stripped lowers, and that company's gonna make a heck of a killing that Armalite themseleves could have done.

xenophobe
11-19-2006, 9:11 AM
ARMALITE!!! LISTEN TO ME! IF YOU WANT MY BUSINESS AND A HECK OF A LOT OF IT MAKE AN OFF LIST AR10! Until they do that, I think they are just trying to do the Ronnie Barrett thing of sounding great for California in order to increase sales with very little output on their part.

They won't hear you from this board.... go to arfcom in the Armalite industry board, and I guarantee you they will.

tenpercentfirearms
11-19-2006, 9:19 AM
They won't hear you from this board.... go to arfcom in the Armalite industry board, and I guarantee you they will.
I told them in person. No doubt numerous others have as well. If they don't want to get it, screw em. It is true, someday someone will make one and if it won't be them, then someone else will make the money. I wish I was a manufacturer.

rorschach
11-19-2006, 12:09 PM
A while back Pat at Metroshot told me an Armalite rep had told him that although they want to sell here, they are unwilling to create a specially rollmarked batch just for Calif.

If they did they would make a KILLING!!!

69Mach1
11-19-2006, 12:15 PM
At the very least, they could build an AR10 with a CA DOJ approved pinned mag. Like the Vulcans. Can't another out of state FFL get a special order of say 1000 receivers with a custom rollmark?

WokMaster1
11-19-2006, 12:49 PM

Does anyone have the CEO's email address? Just one email from each one of us hear on CalGuns would sure perk up his ears. We have what 1000 active members here? Could just trigger another OLL landslide. I know for a fact that they could esily sell 5000 lowers easily in this state.

Smokeybehr
11-19-2006, 1:02 PM
If Armalite was to make a "CAR-10" lower for CA, I'd be on that like a duck on a junebug. I smell a group buy coming on!

PIRATE14
11-19-2006, 1:27 PM
Patience grasshoppers...............good things come to people who wait.....:D

Well......

Tweak338
11-19-2006, 1:43 PM
i think KAR-10 sounds better ..

and Pirate
do you have something up your sleeve that your not telling us?

cornholio1
11-19-2006, 1:43 PM
Patients grasshoppers...............good things come to people who wait.....:D

U got something to share? lol

PIRATE14
11-19-2006, 1:59 PM
i think KAR-10 sounds better ..

and Pirate
do you have something up your sleeve that your not telling us?

I've always got something up my sleeve......guns, knifes, cards......mandatory gear if your a PIRATE.......:D

rssslvr
11-19-2006, 2:10 PM
God I really hope you got something in the AR10 department brewing.I really want one but couldn't bring myself to buy any Vulcan/Hesse product.

bu-bye
11-19-2006, 2:14 PM
I agree with Wes. Why the hell would I want an AR-50 in 338? We can have all the bolt actions we want here. What this state needs are semi-auto rifles in popular cal's like 223, 308, 30-06, 7.63X39. If you are going to load for 338 you might as well load 510DTC.

megavolt121
11-19-2006, 2:14 PM
I'm calling BS on that thread on Biggerhammer. Seriously, its armalite, why would they be using a hotmail email address?

Skammy
11-19-2006, 2:17 PM
At the very least, they could build an AR10 with a CA DOJ approved pinned mag. Like the Vulcans. Can't another out of state FFL get a special order of say 1000 receivers with a custom rollmark?

I keep wishing someone could do this with DPMS.. the AP4 looks nice

???

NeoWeird
11-19-2006, 2:28 PM
I'm calling BS on that thread on Biggerhammer. Seriously, its armalite, why would they be using a hotmail email address?

That was the first thing that poped into my head and I was surprised no one mentioned it. Seriously, it was like 'ArmaLiteProductDevelopment@Armalite.com' then we would be talking, but it's freakin' hotmail. Let's go create 'JerryBrownForAGofCalifornia@hotmail.com' and start to promise registrations if you send us your personal information, like your name, address, SSN, and a credit card number to process the forms. :rolleyes:

Even if it was Armalite, by using Hotmail they are distancing themselves from their company to avoid any attention. What we need are companies with the balls to stand up and do what is right, like Barret, and until Armalite takes the official stance that they are making a stand and doing something for us, then they are just another company hiding in the corner not giving two ****s about us. Even Bushmaster made a California legal model that takes extra time, tooling, etc. If Bushmaster can do it, so can Armalite, and until they put front and center "We are doing this to address the problems in California" on their main website, then I don't care what they have to say and they won't get a single penny from me.

NeoWeird
11-19-2006, 2:29 PM
And I know what the Pirate has up his sleeve. :p

It starts with RRRRRRRrrrrrr......:D

ETA: Argh! Eyes be a good blaggard to ye, cap'n. Eyes no tells no more, less Davey Jones 'imself drag this scurvy blaggard home.

Fjold
11-19-2006, 2:47 PM

Patients go to doctors, what do they have to do with AR10's?

Omega13device
11-19-2006, 5:14 PM
In case all you ArmaLite fans want to drool over what you're missing...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=207412

bu-bye
11-19-2006, 6:26 PM
I have always hated Armalites handguards. And I double hate the green ones.

1hotshooter
11-19-2006, 6:42 PM
I told them in person. No doubt numerous others have as well. If they don't want to get it, screw em. It is true, someday someone will make one and if it won't be them, then someone else will make the money. I wish I was a manufacturer.

I've done everything I could to pull them to the our side...:p

1hotshooter
11-19-2006, 6:51 PM
Patience grasshoppers...............good things come to people who wait.....:D

corrected

:)

Toolbox X
11-19-2006, 6:58 PM
You guys have no idea how much I want to design and mfg a U-10 stock for an OLL AR-10.

uglygun
11-19-2006, 7:49 PM
Give me an AR50 receiver marked 338 and I'll buy it....

Then junk the barrel, get a proper AR50 bolt and throw a 50cal barrel on it to have an AR50 in 510DTC.

That's what I'll do if Armalite isn't smart enough to just offer a 510DTC in the first place. I'm wanting an actual "rifle" built on a receiver intended to be a 50 without having to go EDM or Bluegrass Armory, my preference is for a Barrett M99 or Armalite AR50 if I can do anything about it.

As for an off list AR10, maybe part of what will determine that is them waiting to see what happens at the end of this year and the DOJ hijinks.

elsolo
11-19-2006, 8:35 PM
That's a load of ____.
They have always sold the Ar-30 in .338, nothing new here.
They refuse to sell the AR-50 in .50DTC, even though Al B. and Darin have tried to persuade them to.
I bet dollars to donuts that somebody else sells an OLL AR-10 comaptable with Armalite uppers before Armalite does.
Maybe I should contract for 1000 of them with a different rollmark and market them myself.

cornholio1
11-19-2006, 8:38 PM
That's a load of ____.
They have always sold the Ar-30 in .338, nothing new here.
They refuse to sell the AR-50 in .50DTC, even though Al B. and Darin have tried to persuade them to.
I bet dollars to donuts that somebody else sells an OLL AR-10 comaptable with Armalite uppers before Armalite does.
Maybe I should contract for 1000 of them with a different rollmark and market them myself.

I think Armalite patent is over, so you could get a CNC and make em yourselves. You'd have to have the license tho. That parts a real bummer. Gotta do em on a large scale or it doesn't pay.

adamsreeftank
11-20-2006, 12:53 AM
That's what I'll do if Armalite isn't smart enough to just offer a 510DTC in the first place. I'm wanting an actual "rifle" built on a receiver intended to be a 50 without having to go EDM or Bluegrass Armory, my preference is for a Barrett M99 or Armalite AR50 if I can do anything about it.

How about Serbu. They make a fine gun in 50 DTC, and you can't beat their prices.

http://www.serbu.com/top/bfg50.php

Product: BFG-50 Standard Rifle
Price: $2195.00
Shipping charge: $60.00

50 Shooter
11-20-2006, 3:56 PM
Mark already makes the BFG in 50 DTC, Nef was trying to set up a group buy on them but it didn't go anywhere.:confused:

This could be sitting on your lap in two weeks! http://www.serbu.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=391 :eek:

Cypriss32
11-20-2006, 5:26 PM
id get one of those 308 recievers

uglygun
11-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Mark already makes the BFG in 50 DTC, Nef was trying to set up a group buy on them but it didn't go anywhere.:confused:

This could be sitting on your lap in two weeks! http://www.serbu.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=391 :eek:

Saw the thread, if I was interested in that I would have bought one regardless of a group buy.

I want something that has a larger scale factory behind it for the reason that should the 50BMG get listed as an NFA item, I'll have something that should still be survivable by a company that is diverse enough to stick around even after the 50BMG legislation.

Call it the downfall/lesson learned from having an ALS upper, while it's a wonderful piece and accurate if 50BMG legislation comes down the pike what are the chances Darran will stay open for business or continue doing work on 50BMG uppers he's previously built. What about Serbu? Will they still be around after such legislation?

Armalite, McM, and Barrett by comparison are pretty safe bets.

I have preference for getting an Armalite AR50 action or an McM(getting a Barrett is a remote snowballs chance in hell) for the purposes of building a longer range target gun. Sorry but I'm not keen on Serbu BFGs, might be fine for taking out blasting and general use but I'm pretty particular on what I like and want in a long range precision rifle.

MysteryCereal
11-21-2006, 12:06 AM
And I know what the Pirate has up his sleeve. :p

It starts with RRRRRRRrrrrrr......:D

ETA: Argh! Eyes be a good blaggard to ye, cap'n. Eyes no tells no more, less Davey Jones 'imself drag this scurvy blaggard home.

I want my Rock River LAR-10! The website does say possible late 2006/early 2007. Maybe this would be a great Christmas present to myself.