PDA

View Full Version : Are AK-47's legal in SoCal?

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 7:38 AM
Hi all.

I'm fairly new to my new shooting hobby and have been curious about the legalities of the AK in SoCal. I was just wondering if AK' s were legal in SoCal? I went to the local outdoor range yesterday and saw some guy shooting an AK...no doubt about it...a Yugo AK-47. I didn't bother going up to him to ask about the specifics/legalities of his gun. I noticed he had a small cap mag (probably 10 rnds or less) fixed, with a pisol grip, and fold under stock. This raised my curiosity.

Second questions, how are illegal weapons enforced? The reason why I ask is because, the officials at the range didn't seem to mind. The owner of the AK just came and went. So, in other words, how does someone get caught and actually get fined or go to jail (besides going out in public on a shooting spree) for owning an AK. This question pertains to normal ownership (via hobby collection) and use at the local range or at the city outskirts. Do cops go vice and snoop around every now or then at the ranges to see if anyone's shooting anything "evil"?

--your new novice shooter in need of wisdom

tenpercentfirearms
11-19-2006, 7:59 AM
LOL. This is such a great post that I can't help but give two responses. The first will be my smart arse response.

No, AK47s are illegal in so cal. You can only start owning a AK47 at north of Gorman. Illegal weapons are enforced when the cops force you to own one. If you have not been cited for not having one yet, then you are lucky.

In order to get caught with one, you have to have it illegally and by a law enforcement officer who cares. You get fined after going to court and the judge issues you a fine. Currently in the case of assault weapons you don't get fined, you get put in prison with a felony. They put you in prison by arresting you and holding you until your trial or if you post bail. Once you are found guilty, the bailif takes you into custody and they process you until the prison bus takes you in.

Whether you own an illegal assault weapon as a hobby or some other form of "normal ownership" as defined in PC 12276.1 and 1/3, it doesn't matter as the felony is processed all the same.

Ok here is my serious resposne.

As long as you have a AK47 receiver that is not banned on the Kasler List by make and model number, you can possess it in CA. However, you must still comply with the generic assault weapons ban in PC 12276.1 which states you cannot have a detachable magazine and any of the following evil features:

1) flash suppressor
2) forward pistol grip
3) pistol grip
4) thumbhole stock
5) collapislbe stock
6) flare/grenade launcher

If you create an assault weapon and get caught with one, you can and most likely will be prosecuted with a felony and you most likely will never be able to own firearms ever again. So really you shouldn't ask any questions about how you get caught or any of that. Simply don't do it. Starting 1/1/07 DAs will also have the choice to fine you and take your weapon, but again, who wants to do that?

What I would recommend for the AK is the MonsterMan AK47 Grip. If you use it with no other evil features then you can have detachable magazines. I would think that would be easier than finding a way to fix a 10 round magazine to the rifle.

Sorry to have to give a smart arsed answer at first. Your post is so full of juicy bait I couldn't resist. Hang out around here and we will get you on the right track.

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 8:06 AM
I had a feeling I was gonna get one of those...it's all good, bud. Thanks for the newbie initiation formalities. Oh by the way, I've read some of your posts in the past and am glad to have heard from you first. I appreciate the advice and will take if fully. Best Regards!

EBWhite
11-19-2006, 8:07 AM
You cannot have one in so cal. if you do, you must turn it in to me ASAP :-)

cornholio1
11-19-2006, 8:35 AM
Corect me if I am wrong. But all AK47's are illegal in Cali by the model. AK47 style rifles are okay,

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 10:22 AM
No, there's nothing fishy about it. And I DEFINATELY DON'T HAVE AN AK-47, if that's what you're insinuating! After what has been said with this thread and the seriousness of the issue, I DEFINATELY will stay away from them. Please...no accusations. I just joined the "CALGUNS.NET" to learn how to be a law abiding gun collector. The closest thing I have to a AK is a Mosin Nagant, thank you. I say this in kind regards and no offense.

rorschach
11-19-2006, 11:00 AM
SoCal's screwed! We can't own anything good here. I gotta move to NorCal or LoCal.

At least we can own HK's though....Both SoCal legal. I dunno about NorCal though.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/tsol_roolz/HK001.jpg

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah...too many no no's. But after what happened in North Hollywood...I guess I'd understand. It's too bad losers/idiots like those involved in the dumb shooting kills it for everyone else. Oh well, can't complain with the great weather, though!

ohsmily
11-19-2006, 2:05 PM
Yeah...too many no no's. But after what happened in North Hollywood...I guess I'd understand. It's too bad losers/idiots like those involved in the dumb shooting kills it for everyone else. Oh well, can't complain with the great weather, though!

Uh, the guys in North Hollywood had illegally owned guns. What about their actions makes you understand why they would ban legally owned rifles?

DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 2:29 PM
But, people who replied earlier to this thread, AK's are illegal in Cali...?

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 2:30 PM
I'm getting really confused...would anyone please clarify. So can AK's be legally owned in SoCal?

rssslvr
11-19-2006, 2:35 PM
I'm getting really confused...would anyone please clarify. So can AK's be legally owned in SoCal?
Certain AK clones that are not listed on the ban list are legal to own provided you either pin the mag in place or you do not have any evil features

kantstudien
11-19-2006, 2:35 PM
No, you can't own a "real" AK in socal.

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 2:36 PM
Certain AKs that are not listed on the ban list are legal to own provided you either pin the mag in place or you do not have any evil features
Can you name a few that are not on the ban list?

rssslvr
11-19-2006, 2:44 PM
Can you name a few that are not on the ban list?
Anything that is built on a Nodakspud receiver would be OK for you to have.ITM receivers are also legal.You should really be looking at the ban list and if it is not on that list by make AND model then it is good to go.

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 2:48 PM
How about the parts that make up the rest of the gun? Can you have the Nodakspud receiver, but still have Yugo parts?

TheMan
11-19-2006, 2:52 PM
How about the parts that make up the rest of the gun? Can you have the Nodakspud receiver, but still have Yugo parts?

Nope, sorry, you have to buy the Nodakspud AK clone parts. Unfortunately, they don't make them:(

How about going to the Nodakspud website and reading it for yourself? For that matter, why not read the huge CalGUNs FAQ about the off list AR and AKs that are legal to buy?

Reading those would answer the questions you've already asked, and most of the ones you haven't asked yet as well.

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 2:54 PM
Nope, sorry, you have to buy the Nodakspud AK clone parts. Unfortunately, they don't make them:(

How about going to the Nodakspud website and reading it for yourself? For that matter, why not read the huge CalGUNs FAQ about the off list AR and AKs that are legal to buy?

Reading those would answer the questions you've already asked, and most of the ones you haven't asked yet as well.
Good idea. I didn't know that was available. Sorry, I'm new to the forum. Thanks for all your help.

rssslvr
11-19-2006, 2:54 PM
Yes.Most people are building their own.Buy and dros the receiver at a off list friendly FFL and order your parts kit(romanian,yugo,polish,what ever floats your boat) and assemble.Just make sure you get the right receiver for the parts kit you plan on using.Here is a link to the NDS web site http://nodakspud.com/

Hope this helps

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 2:57 PM
Yes.Most people are building their own.Buy and dros the receiver at a off list friendly FFL and order your parts kit(romanian,yugo,polish,what ever floats your boat) and assemble.Just make sure you get the right receiver for the parts kit you plan on using.Here is a link to the NDS web site http://nodakspud.com/

Hope this helps
Thanks friend.

rssslvr
11-19-2006, 3:00 PM
Thanks friend.
No problem,but as said above you should really read the FAQ.It will be really helpful to you

TonyNorCal
11-19-2006, 3:50 PM
Gun law (at least what firearms are legal) is equivalent throughout California. San Francisco recently passed some silly ordinance banning handguns, but from what I've read it seems likely is won't stand...first time they tried such a measure it was rejected by the courts on the grounds that only the state can regulate firearms...not each individual municipality. Can you image what a cluster*bleep* it would be if each little crazy liberal township could make their own gun law?

So what's legal in NorCal is legal in SoCal...and even LoCal (that was funny whoever said it).

And, as said above here's what you need to know about how rifles are deemed illegal in our great state...

1.) They can be banned by make/model. And, what we're talking about here is the receiver...as the receiver is the controlled (FFL required) part of the firearm. So, for AKs review the Kasler list...don't see it?...then you're halfway home.

2.) All firearms need to conform to a general set of assault weapons characteristics. In other words, you rifle will need to conform to this list. (Only exception are assault weapons that were registered 6 years ago...so if you go to a range and seem someone with an AK that doesn't seem to conform it's possible the happy owner has a registered assault weapon. But, this doesn't apply for anyone configuring a rifle today...you must conform to these general characteristics (12276.1 in the penal code).

TonyNorCal
11-19-2006, 4:00 PM
Regarding the cop thing...

Your rifle could come to the attention of the cops in many ways...

Traffic stop/car search, cops in your home due to 9/11 call, cop at the range notices your gun, etc.

And, it's possible you could run into a cop who isn't familiar with the latest in what is and isn't legal. It's not likely, but it's possible. So, you should be somewhat familiar with why your rifle is legal. This will allow you to do 2 things...

1.) An understanding of what makes your rifle legal will allow you to keep it legal and not configure it (ever, not even while sitting at home) in an illegal manner. For examples, someone might be sitting at home watching TV and fingering their new AK. The decide they want to see what it feels like with the pistol grip so they put it on. Then they get distracted and leave the gun sitting there. And then perhaps there's some sort of 911 call that ends up with police in your home...well, that wouldn't be good. So always keep the rifle 12276.1 compliant while anywhere in California.

2.) An understanding of what makes your rifle legal will allow you to *politely* explain to a law enforcement officer what you have. Given the number of off-list rifles out there, the relative lack of frequency that cops tend to care about firearms, etc...the odds of you needing to do this are low...but you should know all the same. And not to add any paranoia, but a few people have had rifles confiscated/been arrested despite the legal status of their rifles. Now again, this is a very very low probability, but it's something every off-list owner should be aware of.

50 Freak
11-19-2006, 4:03 PM
Okay stop confusing the hell out of the newbie....

"ARE AK'S ILLEGAL".

No, Legally registered and grandfathered AK's are not illegal (registed and grandfathered...as owned prior to 89 and registered in 2000). Note: Full auto AK-47's are legal in CA, but try getting a license. I believe they are only given to movie studios and a very select manufacters (Surefire..as an example)....oh and your local LE's and DOJ elites.

Anything "new" or after 2000 are OLL (off listed lowers) that either have one of these features....removable mag and no pistol grip or pistol grip and fixed 10 round mag.

Also, there are a lot of AK clones that are legal in CA...example is the MAK-90 etc....but those again are grandfathered and registered.

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 7:27 PM
Regarding the cop thing...

Your rifle could come to the attention of the cops in many ways...

Traffic stop/car search, cops in your home due to 9/11 call, cop at the range notices your gun, etc.

And, it's possible you could run into a cop who isn't familiar with the latest in what is and isn't legal. It's not likely, but it's possible. So, you should be somewhat familiar with why your rifle is legal. This will allow you to do 2 things...

1.) An understanding of what makes your rifle legal will allow you to keep it legal and not configure it (ever, not even while sitting at home) in an illegal manner. For examples, someone might be sitting at home watching TV and fingering their new AK. The decide they want to see what it feels like with the pistol grip so they put it on. Then they get distracted and leave the gun sitting there. And then perhaps there's some sort of 911 call that ends up with police in your home...well, that wouldn't be good. So always keep the rifle 12276.1 compliant while anywhere in California.

2.) An understanding of what makes your rifle legal will allow you to *politely* explain to a law enforcement officer what you have. Given the number of off-list rifles out there, the relative lack of frequency that cops tend to care about firearms, etc...the odds of you needing to do this are low...but you should know all the same. And not to add any paranoia, but a few people have had rifles confiscated/been arrested despite the legal status of their rifles. Now again, this is a very very low probability, but it's something every off-list owner should be aware of.
I see. Still, I'll just stick to curios and relics. I think getting into the AK thing is too complicated and is too much trouble. I'm just really glad that this country's constitution permits us to bear arms and that there are highly knowledgable/educated people that keep ignorant anti-firearm jerks to help us defend our constitution and off our backs. Thanks for all your help and advice.

Addax
11-19-2006, 8:13 PM
Check it out http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=266

They have a California Legal AK for you.

Enjoy!

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 8:27 PM
Check it out http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=266

They have a California Legal AK for you.

Enjoy!
Nice...no more problems...!!!:D

Thanks!!!

toxicpelican
11-19-2006, 8:35 PM
why not read the huge CalGUNs FAQ about the off list AR and AKs that are legal to buy?

ok so ive looked all around, but im not seeing this faq.. a little help?

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 8:37 PM
ok so ive looked all around, but im not seeing this faq.. a little help?
Yeah, me too. Does anyone have a direct link?

thedrickel
11-19-2006, 8:38 PM
Nice...no more problems...!!!:D

Thanks!!!
Or you can build one for less than half the price . . . and get tons of practice with the dremel and big f'in hammer.

Here is a copy of the faq: http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaArAkFAQ (thanks go to grammaton for archiving it)

marxdspot
11-19-2006, 9:02 PM
Ah...nice! Thanks.

Charliegone
11-19-2006, 9:39 PM
You know Tony, I've never realized it but Pikachu is in a mighty dangerous place...can you imagine if he accidently shocked those bullets?:D

marxdspot
11-20-2006, 5:55 AM
Hi All Again.

So, how does one fix the AK mag? Is there a commercial lock like the Prince50? And, once the mag is locked, how do you load the gun? I assume it's loaded like the SKS, from the top? How difficult is it to load? Is there a bolt catch to prevent the bolt from pushing forward while loading? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I've never seen or held an AK long enough to know.

JPglee1
11-20-2006, 6:02 AM
Hi All Again.

So, how does one fix the AK mag? Is there a commercial lock like the Prince50? And, once the mag is locked, how do you load the gun? I assume it's loaded like the SKS, from the top? How difficult is it to load? Is there a bolt catch to prevent the bolt from pushing forward while loading? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I've never seen or held an AK long enough to know.

You can lock the mag in a couple ways, all are easy/cheap to accomplish.

I like the cap screw thru the mag release myself...clean and easy to remove.

To load a fixed mag AK you field strip it, load the mag put it back together and enjoy.

Ive shot them both ways and IMHO a gripless AK w/detachable mags is the way to go.

JP

marxdspot
11-20-2006, 8:24 AM
You can lock the mag in a couple ways, all are easy/cheap to accomplish.

I like the cap screw thru the mag release myself...clean and easy to remove.

To load a fixed mag AK you field strip it, load the mag put it back together and enjoy.

Ive shot them both ways and IMHO a gripless AK w/detachable mags is the way to go.

JP
Wow, that seems like a lot of trouble. Is it easier than it sounds..."Field Strip".:confused:

Fate
11-20-2006, 8:36 AM
The monsterman grip for the AK will allow you to drop your magazine as long as you have a fixed stock and no flash suppressor. It's really a better way.

Otherwise you might have to load it thru the ejection port (which ain't fun). The commercial one that was linked is nice in that the mag has been modified so it has a loading hole in the back of the mag.

Don't give up on your dream to own an AK-variant in CA just because it's a little intimidating at first. The anti's WANT you to be overwhelmed and just say "screw it."

Builder
11-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Yesterday I decided to see how quickly I could put my Romanian AK parts kit on the NDS-3 receiver. I did it in 1 hour. I ground down the rivets with a fiber cut off disk on a Makita hand grinder. They were down to the level of the old frame. A chisel and hammer takes the frame off the barrel trunion and stock trunion. The same for the remains of the trigger guard / magazine release. I cut the forward pistol grip off. A little fit and file and all it all went together.
This week, I'll take it to the welding shop and have the 10 old rivets that are still in the trunions, TIG welded to the NDS receiver. Of course, it has to be in perfect alignment with the bold carrier. Haven't decided if I'll have the trigger guard TIG welded to the frame.
Thanks,
Builder

marxdspot
11-20-2006, 11:26 AM
The monsterman grip for the AK will allow you to drop your magazine as long as you have a fixed stock and no flash suppressor. It's really a better way.

Otherwise you might have to load it thru the ejection port (which ain't fun). The commercial one that was linked is nice in that the mag has been modified so it has a loading hole in the back of the mag.

Don't give up on your dream to own an AK-variant in CA just because it's a little intimidating at first. The anti's WANT you to be overwhelmed and just say "screw it."
I really appreciate it, bud. Thanks.

TonyNorCal
11-20-2006, 12:29 PM
I also wouldn't give up on an AK. It's really not that complicated, it's just that if you're getting into the game you should undertstand the law.

The simplest way to get an AK is find a complete one which is off-list. Have the sender remove the pistol grip. Make sure it has no flashider (most AKs dont). Your FFL can receive it. Then you can get a MonsterMan grip and have a detachable mag AK.

The other options is to build one. Find an off-list receiver. It goes to your FFL. Find a parts kit (like a Romanian). It comes to you. Buy the requisite US parts. They come to you. Then assemble the tools or find someone nearby who has them and build.

Personally for a first AK I'd go the complete route. But of course the build will offer a lot of satisfaction/pride. And it really all comes down to what you think would work best for you.

Here's what you need...

1.) AKs can be banned by name (on the receiver). Here's a list of banned ones. This also includes banned ARs. 'Kasler list' (this is list is only banned ARs/AKs...other banned rifles are listed elsewhere)...
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:huwEJsxc6UQJ:ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf%3FPHPSESSID%3Daa06ae63d3724dde088f4f4f ea07acaa+kasler+list&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

2.) Find a rifle that isn't on the above list. Then make sure the rifle conforms to section 12276.1 of the penal code. This is often referred to as the 'characteristics section. The bold part is the part you're concerned with for an AK. That's it. Just check the list above and make sure the rifle complies with what's below. It really isn't that hard.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches. (4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

TonyNorCal
11-20-2006, 12:35 PM
If you're going the complete AK router you can look here...

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/listview.asp?CatId=2

If you need someone to remove the pistol grip (because a seller won't) you can go here...
http://www.gunscal.com/showthread.php?t=906

TonyNorCal
11-20-2006, 12:36 PM
You know Tony, I've never realized it but Pikachu is in a mighty dangerous place...can you imagine if he accidently shocked those bullets?:D

LOL, I hadn't considered that. I suppose my photo isn't DOJ approved:p .

grammaton76
11-20-2006, 1:56 PM
Heh... another option would be to hit the Costa Mesa gun show.

Cold War Shooters should have Century AES-10's for sale at the table! Assuming they arrive in time, which they should. They're sort of this middle ground between AK and RPK. Way cheaper than an RPK, but with the extra long barrel and RPK-style bipod and stock. From the AK family, they inherit a non-bulged front trunion and standard thickness receiver. They're a middle ground between the AK and RPK, and are priced accordingly. Standard sale configuration will be gripless; you can fix the magazine if you want and reinstall the grip.

Your other option is to build one yourself, or get some guy to build it for you. I just threw together an AK on a Ewbanks receiver last night for Ghettoshecky. (Note to all, ewbanks receivers have a really big mag shelf!)

marxdspot
11-23-2006, 4:54 AM
Hey...thanks for everyone's suggestion. I just had a thought. If removing the pistol grip will allow me to use a detach mag...can't I just remove the pistol grip? Technically, can the AK function without a pistol grip installed or any of it's hardware? Or does the pistol grip serve a function like as with the AR which requires the pistol grip to hold a detent and spring?

Q
11-23-2006, 4:58 AM
no the grip is of no importance in function on a ak style design.
you don't need one. but a mm ak grip or the mach filled in dragunov stock should be very comfy and more enjoyable to shoot.

marxdspot
11-23-2006, 6:52 AM
no the grip is of no importance in function on a ak style design.
you don't need one. but a mm ak grip or the mach filled in dragunov stock should be very comfy and more enjoyable to shoot.
Yes!!! Thanks!!!:D

PirateJoe
11-23-2006, 10:57 AM
SoCal's screwed! We can't own anything good here. I gotta move to NorCal or LoCal.

At least we can own HK's though....Both SoCal legal. I dunno about NorCal though.

HK's are legal in cali?? or do those have pinned magazines?

69Mach1
11-23-2006, 10:59 AM
HK's are legal in cali?? or do those have pinned magazines?

Yes they are, as long as they're not the dreaded ones marked HK91, HK93, HK94, PSG1, or MSG90.:rolleyes: And yes, they have to have fixed magazines or no pistol grip.
rorschach did I miss any?

rorschach
11-23-2006, 4:39 PM
Yes they are, as long as they're not the dreaded ones marked HK91, HK93, HK94, PSG1, or MSG90.:rolleyes: And yes, they have to have fixed magazines or no pistol grip.
rorschach did I miss any?

Nope, ya got 'em all. I didnt know this but the MSG90, despite being a semi-auto rifle, is classified as Class 3 because it has the front pivot instead of the semi-auto shelf. This allows full auto G3 trigger packs to be swapped in place of the MSG semi-auto pack.

The top one is a gen-you-ine Heckler & Koch HK911, and the bottom is a PTR. Both have full length 10 round mags locked in place with my nifty little shim-lock thingie.

neomentat
11-30-2006, 7:43 PM
Nope, ya got 'em all. I didnt know this but the MSG90, despite being a semi-auto rifle, is classified as Class 3 because it has the front pivot instead of the semi-auto shelf. This allows full auto G3 trigger packs to be swapped in place of the MSG semi-auto pack.

The top one is a gen-you-ine Heckler & Koch HK911, and the bottom is a PTR. Both have full length 10 round mags locked in place with my nifty little shim-lock thingie.

Where can I get a HK911 in california and how much should I expect to pay? Thanks

rorschach
12-01-2006, 1:44 PM
Where can I get a HK911 in california and how much should I expect to pay? Thanks

Start checking the boards: hkpro.com, hk91.com, sturmgewehr.com, falfiles.com, etc. I got mine through sturmgewehr from a dealer in Oregon.

HK911's come with a thumbhole stock, so see if the seller will remove it and ship to California. Expect to pay between 1400 to 1800. SR9's will sell for slightly more. HK41 and 43 will sell for upwards of 5 grand.

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 2:08 PM

Huh? What? We have the same laws you do :confused:

Hopi
12-01-2006, 2:10 PM
You've got to be kidding......

ATS76
12-01-2006, 4:51 PM
SKS uses the same ammo. It will be a good replacement of AK for a beginner. It is cheap too. You can get a Yugo M59/66 at round $150.

rorschach
12-01-2006, 5:37 PM

Go back and read the beginning of the thread.

slick_711
12-01-2006, 8:52 PM
[smartarse]No, AK47s are illegal in so cal. You can only start owning a AK47 at north of Gorman. Illegal weapons are enforced when the cops force you to own one.

Sorry... I just now saw this thread and after reading the title and first post I really wanted to make a smart *** post... there was just too much fun to be had. I'm glad Wes did it for us all though lol. I hope the OP got some good info, and make sure you all stay north of the grapevine with your illegal AKs. :rolleyes: