PDA

View Full Version : HK 45C gunsmithing

theneko
04-21-2011, 2:25 PM
I just got one and I want to move the control lever (safety/decocker) to the right side of the gun because I'm left handed.
The HK site says it can be done but I don't know how easily.
I am assuming I need to take it to a gun smith and in fact I don't think the lever on the left side would work on the right sidse so I assume a new lever is required. Just wondered if anypone klnew a local smith who can do this or do I have to send it to HK...?

From HK site:
By using the modular approach to the internal components first pioneered by HK on the USP, the control lever function of the HK45 and HK45C can be switched from the left to the right side of the pistol to accommodate left-handed shooters (additional parts required). Left and right mounted control levers provide safety and/or decocking functions as required and can be fitted to the pistol simply by changing parts. For true ambidextrous use, a control lever can also be mounted on both sides of the pistol if required.

9mmepiphany
04-21-2011, 4:32 PM
If it were my HK45, I drive sown to Apex Tactical in Los Oso...by SLO...and hand it to Scott

BillPear
04-21-2011, 8:33 PM
Should be a simple parts swap similar to a USP. Checkout HKPro.com and there forums.

Irv
04-21-2011, 9:02 PM
I don't think it can be done.
1. The notches will not match
2. The serrated top now become the bottom and the smooth side would be on top.
3. The engraving will be upside down
My opinion looking at mine that in the case after an HK abi install.

ARFAN
04-21-2011, 9:07 PM
you can buy ambi safety from Hkparts.net ~$120.00 and installed by yourself.
It should be easy. It can be done it in 30 minutes. That's what i did for my HK45.
I am also lefty too.:D

NOte: you can not take left level change to right level . I don't think Gunsmith can do that.

theneko
04-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks all - FYI I was saying that I didn't think that the lever from the left side of the gun would go on the right. But I didn't think of and ambi lever and doing it myself. Thx!

rhbanjo
04-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I have a USP in .40 with a lefty safety so it can be done. (waited a few months for it).

left-handed
05-01-2011, 4:21 PM
Congrats on the gun neko. Have you taken it to the range yet? What are your thoughts? I have a 9mm P30L V3, and was thinking of getting the HK45 as my next handgun.

Dhena81
05-01-2011, 6:58 PM
you can buy ambi safety from Hkparts.net ~$120.00 and installed by yourself.
It should be easy. It can be done it in 30 minutes. That's what i did for my HK45.
I am also lefty too.:D

NOte: you can not take left level change to right level . I don't think Gunsmith can do that.

For 120 I would just get the LEM and not have to worry about it

theneko
05-01-2011, 8:18 PM
Left handed- haven't taken it to the range yet but pm me if you feel like coming a little north and bring your P30L. We can try them both out. Cheers.