PDA

View Full Version : Are Buttstock Styles Interchangable

cornholio1
11-18-2006, 7:55 PM
I have a 16" AR15. It now has a CAR stock. Can I use a standard A2 stock on it w/o problems? Does it matter what size stock I use or any type of AR? Thanks

SemiAutoSam
11-18-2006, 8:01 PM
Just so you have the correct buffer and buffer tube along with the stock you want to run I don't see a problem.

The car buffer and buffer tubes aren't exchangeable with the A2 standard stock or A2 buffer or buffer tubes.

cornholio1
11-18-2006, 8:04 PM
Just so you have the correct buffer and buffer tube along with the stock you want to run I don't see a problem.

The car buffer and buffer tubes aren't exchangeable with the A2 standard stock or A2 buffer or buffer tubes.

Thanks Semi. One more question if you don't mind. I ordered a black A2 stock and its actually more gray than black. A lot of "black" A2 stocks online look like this. Is this typical or can I get "real" black? I have my current "black" A2 stock in the classifieds here.

Blue
11-18-2006, 8:04 PM

+1

The CAR and M4 style stocks have a shorter buffer than the A2. Plus the buffer tubes are shorter. If you get an A2 make sure it's complete with buffer, tube, stock, and spring. Everything will jive :D Just make sure you put it together right, my buddy didn't put the buffer detent thing in right in his rifle, and it took me a long time to get the damned gun apart after it got all jammed up.

stevie
11-18-2006, 8:06 PM
Try wiping the stock down with breakfree, usually will darken it up a bit.

SemiAutoSam
11-18-2006, 8:10 PM
Most of the A2 stocks Ive seen that claim to be black are in reality a dark shade of grey.

If anyone actually sells A2 Stocks that appear black I haven't been able to find them.

If you don't mind the look of a SP1 style stock they look alot more black but then they also are more fragile from what I've seen.

Applying a cost of CLP will also make the stock appear black.

Maybe ten Percent will chime in here and answer this question.

PIRATE14
11-18-2006, 8:18 PM
The spec on A2 stocks call for that fuzzy fur grey finish.....

Armalite used to sell a black A2 but they were pretty smooth.

Spray some clp on them and they turn black.

cornholio1
11-18-2006, 8:19 PM
I am gonna try the CLP. Thanks guys

rkt88edmo
11-18-2006, 8:59 PM
I am cornholio - I need CLP for my bunghole!

grammaton76
11-19-2006, 2:06 AM
CLP darkens it up real nicely.

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildArPrepParts

You basically have to re-CLP it every few weeks until it permanently darkens up, though. It'll go through a number of cycles of darkening and then lightening back up, but each time it gets a little darker.

rorschach
11-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I am cornholio - I need CLP for my bunghole!

Are you threatening me?? I come from Lake Titticaca!!