PDA

View Full Version : At4 Rocket Launcher

ts
11-18-2006, 7:15 PM
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976239627.htm

Legal in CA?

Matt C
11-18-2006, 7:17 PM
LOL, I would think not... I'm guessing it's either a 9mm trainer, it's used, or it's a joke...

ts
11-18-2006, 7:21 PM
I would like to have a rocket launcher just for novelity - a real one. Any way possible?

bu-bye
11-18-2006, 7:31 PM
I would like to have a rocket launcher just for novelity - a real one. Any way possible?

Middle East, you get one free with every bowl of soup:D

M. Sage
11-18-2006, 7:39 PM
ROFL, I would think it'd be a "destructive device" under CA's laws. Unless it was demilled.

Carl Gustav for the win!

SemiAutoSam
11-18-2006, 7:46 PM
Rocket Launcher = Destructive device = NFA WEAPON = not legal in PRC

Unless you happen to have a 01 FFL + 10 SOT and then state permits from DOJ if you have all of this then go for it. otherwise its a NO NO

Here is a link that will help you understand what is required.

the Federal 10 SOT is 3000.00 per year alone not to mention the state permits and such.

unless you have unlimited pockets or the desire to live in the grey bar hotel its really not worth it.

M. Sage
11-18-2006, 7:50 PM
Here is a link that will help you understand what is required.

Where is a link? :p

SemiAutoSam
11-18-2006, 7:54 PM
Sorry I forgot

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wbardwel/public/nfalist/nfa_faq.txt

EBWhite
11-18-2006, 8:10 PM
AT4 rocket launchers cannot be reloaded. only by the maker. Can you buy the blank tube without any rockets of course... We know anything with a loaded rocket or spare rockets would be a no no...of course this would only be a wall hanger.

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 9:19 PM
You could always apply for the permit to collect DDs from the DOJ (which does NOT give you the authority to discharge them) and you could pay the tax to the ATF and get a real one too.

Addax
11-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Middle East, you get one free with every bowl of soup:D

Actually with a bowl of Hummus....

Scarecrow Repair
11-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Mk 38 I think it was. Sold surplus, August 1999, then the store got hold of me and said the army (!) wanted it back. 52" long, 3.5" diameter, practice torpedo. Still had the motor but everything else was gone, and two 9v batteries turned the screw slowly. I figured it would be fun to go down to Folsom Lake with it on my shoulder, find some guy launching jetskis, ask if he was going in, and when he said yes, say "Good, I'll get ready" ... Long story short, a DoD criminal investigator got hold of me, said yes they wanted it back because there were top secret goodies inside, I said it was empty, could I have the shell, he said he would look into it but was surprised I had opened it, and months later in April 2000 he showed up with a buddy and a letter from two US attorneys warning me of the consequences of not turning it in. I still have the letter. Wish I still had the torpedo.

ts
11-19-2006, 3:51 AM
So I guess that is a no. I was just thinkin about it - it really isn't a firearm. It's just a big long cool looking tube and nothing harmful can happen with it with out the rockets - and I thought under CA law the rockets would be considered destructive devices.

Skammy
11-19-2006, 5:00 AM
I've seen one for sale in CA ..

jerryg1776
11-19-2006, 9:34 AM
If you really want to try one out... just go see your local recruiter. It is only four years of your life and you will get to meet all kinds of interesting people and see wonderful exotic places. Free room and board and no worrying about what clothes you will wear everyday you get up.

So how bad do you really want one? That's the question of the day!

Sign on the line and do your time...

PS -
Question: How do you know your recruiter is lying to you?
Answer: His lips are moving...

eckerph
11-19-2006, 10:55 AM
My buddy had a couple AT4 tubes from his days in the corp, dont know if its true but he told me people arent supposed to have them an that it was federal law, I dont see the big deal since its basically a very thick paper tube. All the sights and triggers were plastic as i recall.

Scarecrow Repair
11-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Question: How do you know your recruiter is lying to you?
Answer: His lips are moving...
I remember how pissed I was when I got to boot camp and found out the recruiter had not quite lied. He said I could take my electric razor with me, true, I just couldn't use it. I even wrote him a letter which pissed him off in turn and he wrote to the company commander who chewed me out.

SemiAutoSam
11-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Scarecrow: Branch ? Where ? When ?

I'm always interested to hear that I'm not the only one that had words or on my part fistfight with my company commander.

He took his chevrons off and I took my hash marks off and worm island was not the same afterwards. LOL it was fun for some reason after that little bout I had more respect from the other recruits.

I remember how pissed I was when I got to boot camp and found out the recruiter had not quite lied. He said I could take my electric razor with me, true, I just couldn't use it. I even wrote him a letter which pissed him off in turn and he wrote to the company commander who chewed me out.

M. Sage
11-19-2006, 1:45 PM
So I guess that is a no. I was just thinkin about it - it really isn't a firearm. It's just a big long cool looking tube and nothing harmful can happen with it with out the rockets - and I thought under CA law the rockets would be considered destructive devices.

They are. Just like rifle grenades are. Unfortunately, they also ban the launchers.

(4) Any rocket, rocket-propelled projectile, or similar device of a diameter greater than 0.60 inch, or any launching device therefor, and any rocket, rocket-propelled projectile, or similar device containing any explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance, other than the propellant for that device, except those devices as are designed primarily for emergency or distress signaling purposes.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12301.php?PHPSESSID=41dbbdadd237fe715b9d9a3415905e c9

Rather retarded... if you can't get the rockets or grenades, why bother banning the launchers!?

Slightly OT: I had a video of Marines in Falluja destroying a used Cark Gustav launcher with a thermite grenade. They must not want 'em getting out there.

gose
11-19-2006, 5:55 PM
Carl Gustav usually refers to the m48/m86 recoilless rifle made by Bofors of Sweden. The weapon was developed by Carl Gustav, but they were later swallowed by Bofors. The name was kept, even if the company now is a part of Bofors. Current official name is Bofors Carl Gustav m48/m86.
When the AT4 was developed by Bofors they saw no reason in keeping the reference to the recoilless rifle, so the official name is Bofors AT4 or Pansarskott m86 (as it was named when adopted by the Swedish Military).
Current manufacturer and license holder of the AT4 is SAAB Bofors Dynamics.

No practice insert exists for the AT4, but there is a 9mm practice model that only fires a downloaded 9mm tracer, loaded to mimic the 84mm grenade.

For the "real" Carl Gustav there are two practice inserts available, one in 9mm and one in 20mm.

The 9mm is kinda wimpy, but the 20mm practice round carries a decent punch

Scarecrow Repair
11-19-2006, 7:03 PM
Scarecrow: Branch ? Where ? When ?
Canoe club, 72-76, USS Midway. Supply clerk, what can I say, I was young and dumb but I had a blast.
And any of you San Diego citizens, if you've been aboard my old home, lemme tell ya, the smell is authentic. Instant time travel back 30 years. Awesome!