PDA

View Full Version : Off roster NAA Black Widow

barbasol
04-20-2011, 8:02 PM
Any one know who can get this gun into California? It is single action but barrel length and overall length are too short from my understanding.

tacticoolme
04-20-2011, 8:24 PM
The 22lr and magnum were in before it got too crazy, but yes the blackwidow is off roster.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

You have to find someone who owns one in CA to sell it to you, either who moved here after they bought it or is law enforcement and exempt and bought it and now wants to sell it. I'd check the marketplace here.

Or if you're not too picky you can get the Magnum and put the same big handle on it.

Cyc Wid It
04-20-2011, 8:26 PM
The 22lr and magnum were in before it got too crazy, but yes the blackwidow is off roster.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

You have to find someone who owns one in CA to sell it to you, either who moved here or is exempt and bought it and now wants to sell it. I'd check the marketplace here.

Or if you're not too picky you can get the Magnum and put the same big handle on it.

He's referring to the single shot exemption... it's doable but I doubt it'd be cost effective.

tacticoolme
04-20-2011, 8:35 PM
I see,

Yes it's too short for the single shot exemptions, and it's single action not single shot, so I don't see that working, a big barrel extension and plugging four cylinders.

Cyc Wid It
04-20-2011, 9:21 PM
Blah, posting from phone. Anyway, single action revolvers can be exempt from the roster, I can't find it at the moment, but it has been detailed before.

tacticoolme
04-21-2011, 12:00 AM
found it

12133. (a) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a
single-action revolver that has at least a 5-cartridge capacity
with a barrel length of not less than three inches, and meets
any of the following specifications:
(1) Was originally manufactured prior to 1900 and is a curio or
relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of
Federal Regulations.
(2) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at
least 71/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and
barrel are assembled.
(3) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at
least 71/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and
barrel are assembled and that is currently approved for
importation into the United States pursuant to the provisions
of paragraph (3) of subsection (d) of Section 925 of Title 18
of the United States Code.

MAD SVT
04-21-2011, 7:07 AM
^but too short to be exempt... .

bussda
04-21-2011, 9:25 AM
Current acquisition in California is only by private party or interfamily transfer. But you can purchase a Mini Master with a 4 inch barrel instead. Only about $15 more.

barbasol
04-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll have to keep my eyes open in the marketplace. Never seen one there though. Seems like the perfect gun for the wifey!