View Full Version : When passion and reason collide...

04-20-2011, 6:27 PM
...opportunity presents. Not always will reason prevail, but as is indicated in the reader comments to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune's 4/19 op-ed on California's proposed ban on open carry, acknowledgement by those who might prefer an outcome antagonistic to our own philosophical selections is achievable.

04-20-2011, 6:39 PM
What a bucket of misinformation that last paragraph is. Last year's bill was by Saldania and Ammiano, not Portantino. Not only that, it never even got to the governor's desk. The assembly never passed the bill with senate revisions during the last day of the legislative session.

All in all, the arguments against open carry are the same. Lots of fear mongering in an effort to fool people into believing open carriers are unstable and likely to start shooting everything if something bad happens.

04-20-2011, 6:43 PM
The comments are awesome!

04-20-2011, 7:27 PM
From the comments:

So "a hail of bullets is not the answer"? Pray tell, what then is? Hoping REALLY REALLY hard that there is a Krispy Kreme next door?

04-20-2011, 7:30 PM
The comments are awesome!

I agree. Many of the arguments are well versed and concise. I think it is amazing how many pro2A CA residents there are (maybe its because I am surrounded by "progressives" everyday of my life...)