PDA

View Full Version : If she kills me, please tell my guns that I loved them.

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 12:44 AM
So as I've said before I am getting married next year. Well good old me had a nice sum of money saved up; about half way to being comfortable for the honeymoon. However, there was one problem...

Hello. My name is NeoWeird and I am an addict.

Seriously. So I tell my fiancee that I am going to do one more firearms puchase before the end of the year and after that I won't purchase anymore firearms until after we are settled (which means 3+ years since she will be in law school and I will be supporting the both of us). Expecting her to say it's my money, or give me one of those 'ok...' which really means 'not if you love me' comments, or something like, she unexpectidly gives me the thumbs up. Why? Why did she give me the thumbs up? A 'firearms puchase' has turned into the following:

1. ORF Galil receiver
2. Galil parts kit
3. DC Industries LAR-1 (yes, one of the FIRST run from NodakSpud)
4. Imbel parts kit
5. PTR-91 receiver
6. G3A3 parts kit
7. Vector completed Group Industries H4332 (Uzi) receiver

and I am not even done yet as there are still plans for a SW5 (HK94/MP5) receiver in the works if money allows. That's right, two months of saving down the drain on firearms with NO explanation for the future Mrs. Well at least I will die doing what I love.

If she kills me, tell my collection that I loved them.

jumbopanda
11-18-2006, 12:47 AM
If she kills me, tell my collection that I loved them.

After that, I'd be more than happy to give them a new home as well. :D

EBWhite
11-18-2006, 12:49 AM
what is the DC Industries LAR-1??

that m16a1 retro?

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 12:49 AM
After that, I'd be more than happy to give them a new home as well. :D

If you're interested in a similar purchase (or close to it) there is a wonderful temptrest but a phone call away. She poured honey in my ear, I swear!

(ps. seeing as how the future Mrs won't even read this, let me just say that you know who you are and you're the bestest in the westest :D )

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 12:52 AM
what is the DC Industries LAR-1??

that m16a1 retro?

FAL.

You know how NodakSpud has had 'new tooling' and just recently started filling back orders? Well those are being machined by DCI for Nodak Spud. The receiver I saw a picture of had the serial of something like 000011. Not sure if that one is mine or not, but it gives you an idea of what's going out. In the past I had done business with a dealer from FAL files who happened to order one when they were first announced. He hadn't even advertised it yet when I asked about FAL receivers and I snatched it up. It felt all warm and gooey inside for the rest of the day.

ETA: How fitting to get post 762 while talking about a FAL :D

50ae
11-18-2006, 1:11 AM
That thumbs up means she gets to buy something that costs an equal amount, be forwarned.

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 1:26 AM
That thumbs up means she gets to buy something that costs an equal amount, be forwarned.

The real question is who is going to show her the receipt?

"No, honey, they were only like $50 each because they are only receivers and the parts kits are used so they were like $100." :p

50ae
11-18-2006, 1:33 AM
Yea, unless you have been socking away cash in a secret location for years she will know, she WILL know!!

I've been married 8 years and only been able to buy one gun and that was when I graduated the academy. I spent 400$ on a beautiful Colt 1917 Army. I haven't stopped hearing about it in 2 years and that 400$ probably cost me 1600$ after she was done. Learn young grasshopper, sock cash away any chance you get.

"No, honey, they were only like $50 each because they are only receivers and the parts kits are used so they were like $100." :p

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 1:55 AM
Yea, unless you have been socking away cash in a secret location for years she will know, she WILL know!!

I've been married 8 years and only been able to buy one gun and that was when I graduated the academy. I spent 400$ on a beautiful Colt 1917 Army. I haven't stopped hearing about it in 2 years and that 400$ probably cost me 1600$ after she was done. Learn young grasshopper, sock cash away any chance you get.

That was actually part of my motivation of grabbing anything I ever wanted that was in my budget (main reason the SW5 is not a definite right now is I don't think I can fit it in my budget). I should be happy (for a while) with what I have/am getting, but I will heed your advice and squirrel money away whenever I can. The grasshopper will become the master.

50ae
11-18-2006, 2:14 AM
Just make sure you learn which battles to fight. I'm still learning eight years later but I'm getting better.

Another thing to remember, flowers are great when you're in trouble but even better about a week before you know you're going to be in trouble:cool:

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 2:25 AM
Just make sure you learn which battles to fight. I'm still learning eight years later but I'm getting better.

Another thing to remember, flowers are great when you're in trouble but even better about a week before you know you're going to be in trouble:cool:

This lesson I know VERY well. I try to get her flowers every 3-4 weeks, even when I haven't done anything wrong or plan on doing something she may dislike. It gives me a nice buffer where she either has flowers or gets them shortly after. The only time I am really screwed is when I do something bad on the day the flowers completely die...trust me, I know.

ivanimal
11-18-2006, 12:37 PM
You are doing fine when the funds get combined it gets a little harder to say you only spent ........... on............... so become a squirrel or get ready for..do you really need that?:rolleyes:

NSR500
11-18-2006, 12:46 PM
LOL!
Just tell her guns are like an insurance policy and retirement plan. Outside of crappy guns we all hear about from the industries crappy manufacturers all of the good stuff increases in value.
I can remember years back my buddy was on an AK47 binge and was buying complete rifles for $350. Try to buy a New AK now and you'll be paying close to $900.

dwtt
11-18-2006, 1:38 PM
So I tell my fiancee that I am going to do one more firearms puchase before the end of the year and after that I won't purchase anymore firearms until after we are settled (which means 3+ years since she will be in law school and I will be supporting the both of us).
Just get through the honey moon and you'll be OK. Your wife is going to be bringing in some big bucks as a lawyer. Don't be surprised if she gives you half of her holiday bonus some day and tell you to go buy a porsche or something.

SemiAutoSam
11-18-2006, 1:43 PM
NEO

Don't worry dude since she will be most likely using your guns to kill you you can just tell them your self as shes doing the deed.

just make sure to also let the your guns know who (board members) you want your guns to go to prior to your demise that is.

I would appreciate anything in the 308 caliber and any reloading gear you owned previous to your transition to eternal life.

NRAhighpowershooter
11-18-2006, 2:10 PM
Give ups your address now so when she DOES kill you.. one of us can go over there and cozy up to her and maybe get the guns for free from her! :eek: :D

M. Sage
11-18-2006, 4:20 PM
You are doing fine when the funds get combined it gets a little harder to say you only spent ........... on............... so become a squirrel or get ready for..do you really need that?:rolleyes:

I do side jobs for cash, and stash it where the wife won't find it.

Occasionally, she does... :eek: Keep the stashes small in size, and spread 'em around.

That's how I funded my CZ52. :D

adamsreeftank
11-18-2006, 5:03 PM
It's all part of the plan.

Before the wedding, she'll be all "go ahead dear and buy a new gun" or "I don't care what you spend your money on as long as you are happy."

After the wedding expect to hear "can we talk about how many guns you are buying?" or "what are all of these charges on the credit card?"

The woman you marry is not neccesarily the woman you wake up next to after the honeymoon.

Just get through the honey moon and you'll be OK. Your wife is going to be bringing in some big bucks as a lawyer. Don't be surprised if she gives you half of her holiday bonus some day and tell you to go buy a porsche or something.

dwtt, you have never been married, have you?

Smokeybehr
11-18-2006, 5:16 PM
The woman you marry is not neccesarily the woman you wake up next to after the honeymoon.

Amen, brother. That's one of the reasons why I'm not in a big hurry to get married to my g/f. I've already done the marriage thing, and it didn't work out the way that I thought it would. The g/f has sent me the "I hate guns" message, but I'm hoping to wean her off that with a trip to the ARFCom Charity Shoot.

Remember: The food that makes a woman's libido disappear the fastest is wedding cake.

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 5:44 PM
Yeah well we have both been waiting until marriage to... you I am not too worried about that going away any time soon.

She's usually painfully honest with me and has told me that she doesn't see the enjoyment in shooting that I see, but she is willing to go with me and see why I like it. She didn't like my big rifles when I took her the first time so I am about 80% through a 10/22 project for her to get her a lighter, quieter, less recoiling rifle to play with. I'm hoping that if she has a gun she likes, even if she doesn't shoot anything else, at least it will remove the negative connotation towards guns that she already seems to have preset. Oh, by the way, she shot an AR and liked it alot.

In all honesty, I am not too worried money wise. I'm about 80% through my machinist program with two NIMS certifications on the way (phsyical manufacturing of said parts is done, only need to do a written test for each). By the end of next semester I should have 4-5 NIMS certifications and course certifications for my Machinist's Standard, Machine Technology, and CNC operations. I've also got AGI's home schooling program going for me to get certified as a gunsmith along with Machine Theory. I think finding a job as a machinist should be fairly easy, especially if we move towards the LA area. The end goal is to jump from machining to gunsmithing and hopefully one day manufacturing; but for now I am being practical and aiming at machining as a starting point. With the money I should be making based on similar jobs in the area, and my education, I should be living comfortably (just working long hours).

I just fear that one day she may ask questions like "do you really need all those?" and be 100% serious about it. I've already started my pre-emptive strike on it through. I told her that since we both don't want kids for at least 10 or so years, we can set aside a room for her study, since she will need one will going over case law, preperation work, etc. and I will get a room for myself as well (most likely the garage or a shake in the backyard). Either way, I have a feeling a personal gun facility is in order, complete with mini manufacturing plant (mill, lathe, press, etc), reloading station, blasting tank/finish tanks, etc. I figure I can hide a couple safes in there as well and squirrel a handful away in the house in random places for defense.

The whole plan is pretty much already set in motion, and I think it is coming along nicely, but in all honesty I think I may have overstepped my bounds by about $1k this time. I am still waiting for my financial aid to come in for school (stupid processing error delayed it several months) and I am hoping when that comes in I can pull myself out of debt and be back on track.

Here's hoping at least...

Blacktail 8541
11-18-2006, 8:58 PM
When I married my wife she understood that my guns and my dog were first.
She is not really fond of my guns and does not even like our son to be around them. Unfortunatly for her she is on the loseing end of this equation as my son likes to go hunting and shooting with dad. In her defence, she does not give me a hard time about them as we generally eat only meat that I bring home from hunting with the exception of chicken. I have even made a little progress and got her to shoot a .22 after 12 years together! She even admitted that she liked it a little. :D

I guess that the only advise or direction that I could relay to you would be to be up front about how you feel about your guns and that they will never be gotten rid of just because she doesn't like them or think you have to many.

Your on your own about spending your honey moon money.:eek:

PS I've softened a little on the dog issue.

ldivinag
11-18-2006, 10:37 PM
www.dontmarry.com

1hotshooter
11-19-2006, 8:21 AM
www.dontmarry.com

http://www.dontmarry.com/ = Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Looks familiar .... Any correlation?

I don't think so!! :D

1hotshooter
11-19-2006, 8:23 AM
Neo,

Getting married = Men Live Longer :p and Happier too!

P.S. - I'm not looking for stats...

SemiAutoSam
11-19-2006, 8:50 AM
I cant agree more Ive been very happy since I got married.

The only problem I had was finding a church that would marry us without a license but we found that church in time it just had to be one that wasn't beholden to government with the 501c3 thing or some other IRS BS.

My wife and I wanted a marriage contract between just the two of us not involving the state and when you purchase a license you involve the state.

If anyone wants info on this feel free to PM or E-Mail me.

And or if you want to get married with the involvement of the state don't forget to purchase your license from them.

Neo,

NRAhighpowershooter
11-19-2006, 9:51 AM
Neo,

No it's more like:

Getting married = Men getting ulsers, loosing hair pre-maturely, no sex after the honeymoon :p ... etc... etc.....

1hotshooter
11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
No it's more like:

Getting married = Men getting ulsers, loosing hair pre-maturely, no sex after the honeymoon :p ... etc... etc.....

Pirate - Care to Chime in?

There is some truth in what NRAhps says, but not all and not always....:)

NRAhighpowershooter
11-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Pirate - Care to Chime in?

There is some truth in what NRAhps says, but not all and not always....:)

come on now... you're asking for a BIASED opinion!!!! :D

double_action
11-19-2006, 11:42 AM
I do side jobs for cash, and stash it where the wife won't find it.

Occasionally, she does... :eek: Keep the stashes small in size, and spread 'em around.

That's how I funded my CZ52. :D

You too? I'm glad I'm not the only one . . . I love those side jobs.

leelaw
11-19-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't see a Sig 556 on your list..

..You're going to have to modify it as necessary.

NeoWeird
11-19-2006, 2:35 PM
I've gone and done it now...So apparently my AR is getting an upper a little earlier than I had planned.

I have a disease. :(

BRD; it robs me of my sanity and makes me do things I shouldn't even think about. All I could think about was "AR Upper....or food. AR upper? Food?....you don't have to eat EVERY day, do you? ahh screw it. *click*"

I swear, I am thinking of her when I purchase items. I have to make the pre-wedding shoot for her English friends spectacular, and how would it be spectacular without an AR-15, AK, FAL, G3, Uzi, Galil, shotgun, and a handful of pistols?

PS. Sorry CWS, you may have to wait a week until my next paycheck to get my final payment. Don't worry, I promise to pay you off before I buy groceries. :D

rssslvr
11-19-2006, 2:45 PM
I swear, I am thinking of her when I purchase items. I have to make the pre-wedding shoot for her English friends spectacular, and how would it be spectacular without an AR-15, AK, FAL, G3, Uzi, Galil, shotgun, and a handful of pistols?

Ahh galil.I pick up my receiver on the 23rd,I can hardly contain myself:Dbut shhh don't tell the wife

NeoWeird
11-19-2006, 2:55 PM
ok, deal, just don't let mine know either......HI Honey! :D

Seriously, us Galil guys need to get together after the first of the year and get a build party going. It sounds fairly simple with the hardest part being the re-timing of the barrel after the extractor cut. We'll just have to see...

rssslvr
11-19-2006, 3:03 PM
ok, deal, just don't let mine know either......HI Honey! :D

Seriously, us Galil guys need to get together after the first of the year and get a build party going. It sounds fairly simple with the hardest part being the re-timing of the barrel after the extractor cut. We'll just have to see...
Yeah a small galil build party would be fun and I am definetly up for it.I just don't know if I can wait till after the first,I want it NOW.LOL.And I promise I will tell your guns you loved them when she killls you but you gotta do the same for me.

NeoWeird
11-19-2006, 3:21 PM
Yeah a small galil build party would be fun and I am definetly up for it.I just don't know if I can wait till after the first,I want it NOW.LOL.And I promise I will tell your guns you loved them when she killls you but you gotta do the same for me.

Or shall we make a stand with our new Weapons of Mass Defense and go at it back to back, 60's Batman style?

*BAM!*

*PLOP*

*SMUSH*

*CRACK*

Holy less-vital-than-normal ex-spouses rssslvr!

rssslvr
11-19-2006, 3:25 PM
Or shall we make a stand with our new Weapons of Mass Defense and go at it back to back, 60's Batman style?

*BAM!*

*PLOP*

*SMUSH*

*CRACK*

Holy less-vital-than-normal ex-spouses rssslvr!
HAHAHAHAHA now thats the plan right there:D

NeoWeird
11-19-2006, 3:26 PM
I have to make the pre-wedding shoot for her English friends spectacular, and how would it be spectacular without an AR-15, AK, FAL, G3, Uzi, Galil, shotgun, and a handful of pistols?

Oh yeah, I plan on taking the M1 along too and dropping comments like "Yup, this baby here kept your daddy from having to learn German." :D

50ae
11-19-2006, 5:07 PM
Oh yeah, I plan on taking the M1 along too and dropping comments like "Yup, this baby here kept your daddy from having to learn German." :D

Don't do that, you must win the friends also. Those Brits saved us as much as we saved them in the war. We may have had the firepower and people but they had the tactics.

NRAhighpowershooter
11-19-2006, 5:20 PM
Don't do that, you must win the friends also. Those Brits saved us as much as we saved them in the war. We may have had the firepower and people but they had the tactics.

You mean tactics like Operation Market Garden and the embarressment at Cain(SP??) and numerous other operations good old Monty dreamed up that invloved US forces....

gotgunz
11-19-2006, 5:21 PM
not to dash your dreams; but your world is going to change in ways you never thought possible, ROFLMFAO!

I would be concerned about marrying a future lawyer! You probably dont know the difference between a girlfriend/fiance and a wife huh?

25 lbs.

:D

NeoWeird
11-19-2006, 5:46 PM
I've already had talks with her about her future career and slipped in hidden questions to guage how she would react to my activities if she ever had question about them. I feel comfortable with her, and I know the law enough that I wouldn't ever worry. I bet at the worst she would just say "That's not legal" and explain why and let me take care of it, but like I said, I know the law well enough that I doubt that would ever come up.

As for girlfriend/wife changes, I really don't care. I'm going to be happy just living with her and being around her all the time. We were best friends before we started dating, and we still consider ourselves best friends first and a couple second. I doubt that will change anytime soon.

And you know the difference bettween a boyfriend and a husband? An ***hole and a cheap ***hole. :p

jdberger
11-19-2006, 6:48 PM

Yeah....law school....;)

NeoWeird
11-19-2006, 7:14 PM
Yeah....law school....;)

Are you guys kidding?! With the ammount of school debt I am taking on because of her I should be able to fund a small army. She owes ME, not the other way around.

At least that is what I am going to try and convince her of...

10TH AMENDMENT
11-19-2006, 7:52 PM
Are you guys kidding?! With the ammount of school debt I am taking on because of her I should be able to fund a small army. She owes ME, not the other way around.
At least that is what I am going to try and convince her of...

As for girlfriend/wife changes, I really don't care. I'm going to be happy just living with her and being around her all the time. We were best friends before we started dating, and we still consider ourselves best friends first and a couple second. I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Neo:

Let me tell you...you better make sure you have a marriage certificate if you are putting her through law school and you expect that very valuable J.D. degree you pay for to be characterized as Community Property. Otherwise, if she dumps you, or you dump her after she gets that valuable J.D., it will be her separate property unless you can persuade a Family Law Judge that you guys had a contractual agreement that falls within the Marvin v Marvin meritricious relationship precident.

I understand all that stuff about being "best friends" and all of that...however, "trust but verify" is always the best policy, and the only way to accomplish that is to secure that "marriage" contract.;)

And you know the difference bettween a boyfriend and a husband? An ***hole and a cheap ***hole.

And you know the difference between a boyfriend who paid for a woman's J.D. without a marrige contract and a husband who paid for a woman's J.D. during a marriage contract under California Community Property Law? "A dumb ***hole and a smart ***hole. ;)

No offense meant, just a word to the wise.;)

gotgunz
11-20-2006, 12:47 AM
And you know the difference bettween a boyfriend and a husband? An ***hole and a cheap ***hole. :p

Thats a good one, I had heard the difference was 20 minutes, LOL!

You may be best friends and all, yada yada yada, but I can guarantee that ring through your nose, I mean on your finger, will change all that... This is not to say that being married isnt great (it isnt all its cracked up to be) but things and people change and for women it usually only takes one helping of wedding cake (which is also the only food on earth that can kill a womens sex drive with one helping).

If she is a lawyer and god forbid something should happen to your marraige it would be safe to say that you will have a large hill to climb and a safer bet to say that you will be getting a royal screwing for all the screwing you got.

Best of luck to you fair sheep. LOL

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-20-2006, 1:15 AM
Make her sign a prenup.

The Professional
11-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Dump the gf, buy more guns.

luvtolean
11-20-2006, 2:25 PM
Make her sign a prenup.

Prenups work both ways...we don't know if Neo is worth anything. It might be that a prenup would hurt him more then help.

Other than that, all I'll say is, I'd never marry a woman I had to hide funds away from to indulge in my hobbies. (here comes the, "he'll learn" comments :p )

NeoWeird
11-20-2006, 3:03 PM
Prenups work both ways...we don't know if Neo is worth anything. It might be that a prenup would hurt him more then help.

Other than that, all I'll say is, I'd never marry a woman I had to hide funds away from to indulge in my hobbies. (here comes the, "he'll learn" comments :p )

Like I said, by the time we are married I will have ~8-9 certifications (4 in firearm related fields, and 4-5 in machining fields) so I have no doubt that I will be making a nice income. She will have her income and I will have mine. Right now I will be the sole provider and I agree with her that it would not be wise for me, or her, to purchase items that are not needed when we have bills like rent and food to pay. Once those are taken care of, if there is money to play with, then I can purchase toys, but until we are settled in and living comfortably there is no need for me, or her, to spend money on anything other than bills. Once she is working as well then I imagine things will change very quickly and I will be back to my old self purchasing toys that I want, and she will do the same.

And I don't need a prenup or anything else like that. You can call me foolish or an idiot, but I don't feel the need for one and I am not going to get one, in fact I would probably argue against one if it ever came up, but I know she doesn't want one either so it doens't matter anyways.

I look forward to marriage, and I think a lot of people just have a negative connotation with marriage due to personal experiences that don't reflect the subject in it's entirety. 90% of the people on this board have probably had psycho ex-girlfriends, that doesn't mean girlfriends are psycho and we shouldn't have them. Besides, like I said before, this is going to be something new for the both of us and I don't forsee it changing anytime soon.

Blacktail 8541
11-20-2006, 3:10 PM
I will be making a nice income. She will have her income and I will have mine. Right now I will be the sole provider ........

Don't you mean, She will have her income and she will have yours also.......:p

luvtolean
11-20-2006, 3:16 PM
She will have her income and I will have mine. Right now I will be the sole provider and I agree with her that it would not be wise for me, or her, to purchase items that are not needed when we have bills like rent and food to pay. Once those are taken care of, if there is money to play with, then I can purchase toys, but until we are settled in and living comfortably there is no need for me, or her, to spend money on anything other than bills.

That is reasonable...my comments actually weren't directly to you, more just the room.

My GF/domestic partner is also in law school. So I have a pretty good idea what you're in for.

Once she is working as well then I imagine things will change very quickly and I will be back to my old self purchasing toys that I want, and she will do the same.

If they don't, you'll be wishing for that prenup. ;)

It's not about the money as much as the control...

Make sure you check in to what being married would do to her financial aid/loan situation.

My GF and I won't marry until at least the last semester has started...

JPglee1
11-20-2006, 3:22 PM

Been married 2 years, been with her 6...we still don't have a joint bank account :D

Im broke as a joke, but even if I wasn't she wouldn't know.

I can adopt toys at will, with impunity.

Of course we just had a $120 day at the mall yesterday too, so she gets "hers"

JP

NeoWeird
11-20-2006, 3:39 PM
Been married 2 years, been with her 6...we still don't have a joint bank account :D

Im broke as a joke, but even if I wasn't she wouldn't know.

JP

We've already talked about having a joint account and two seperate personal accounts, or just having two personal accounts. She actually brought up the idea, and I think she is afraid I will go crazy when I see what she spends on clothes and shoes (being a lawyer with a fashion degree I can expect her to pay a pretty penny on her suits, shoes, bags, etc). The problem was who then pays the bills; which is where the joint account would come in and/or we would set it up where one person pays the house payment/rent and the other person covers everything else. Either way, we are both leaning towards keeping a good piece of our income seperate from the other person, at least at the beginning.

I think a lot of the problems with marriage now-a-days is that people already live with their significant other, and they already sleep together, and do everything else that comes with marriage; what then is marriage for aside from changing the way taxes are done for you? With us it's a bit different; we aren't living together, we don't sleep with each other, and we both desperately want to start a family together. Like I said, no matter how I look at it I get to spend more time with my best friend, everything past that is a perk to me. Some guys complain about the things women do, or how they react when Aunt Flow comes, but I don't seem to have those problems with her. Yes we've fought and argued before, but she is not a control freak and I am fairly submissive and things usualy cool down very quickly.

Who knows, maybe I'm in for the rudest wake up call of my life, but I won't know until I get there, and in all honesty, I am racing towards it.

Blacktail 8541
11-20-2006, 4:07 PM
Marriage can be a good and wonderful experience or it can be painful, it all depends on the two indiviguals involved. How your state of mind when you enter into it can set the course. I think a lot of members here have had a lot of fun with this thread, good advise or not so good advise not withstanding.

Enjoy and relish your soon to be new life and all the blessings and heart aches that will entail because you will be sharing it with someone special to you.:)

koiloco
11-20-2006, 4:16 PM
Kudo to Blacktail,

I am going on the 11th year of marriage and fortunately, it has nothing but a wonderful journey (except for the s*x part :) )
I will never forget the look on my wife's face when I brought home the State Arms .50cal rifle (which was almost as tall as she is)

But one thing you should NOT do is "being submissive" :), it's more like compromising and respect each other's perspectives.
The line always needs to stay in the middle with each party taking turn pushing it the other way just a nudge.

Tthx for sharing your personal life with us.

Good luck

grammaton76
11-20-2006, 4:18 PM
fortunately, it has nothing but a wonderful journey (except for the s*x part :) )

Man, she keeps losing your sox on laundry day? Or turning 'em into dustrags? That sucks! :)

(Yes, I know it's spelled socks)

Cypriss32
11-20-2006, 5:26 PM
Its just money...

Ubergeek
11-20-2006, 5:42 PM

I used to work at a paintball pro-shop, and we would routinely print up 2 receipts. One for his recordkeeping, and one to show to the missus. The rule of thumb was 10x:

$49.95 for the 4500 PSI Air America HP system.
$29.95 for the Smart Parts barrel kit.

According to our customers, it kept many of them from death or castration.

ivanimal
11-20-2006, 6:36 PM
I make mor money than my wife and always have, she gets the whole paycheck and I keep the expense checks. Plenty of money for guns. I also have a pretty good sideline that has afforded me many toys. Be creative and my hope is that your marriage is as fulfilling as mine has been to me.:cool:

Mute
11-20-2006, 7:21 PM
One joint account and separate individual accounts is a great idea. Just make sure you both agree on how much to put into the joint account and I don't think there should be any problem, as long as both of you can agree that the separate account is to be used in anyway the holder sees fit.

rorschach
11-20-2006, 9:06 PM

Mine complains every time I buy a new toy. I need only reference all the overpriced Coach and Juicy bags, 7-Jeans and MAC makeup I buy everytime I make the fatal mistake of going to the mall with her. Not a peep, until the next time I come home with another big black rifle.

Smokeybehr
11-20-2006, 9:28 PM
Mine complains every time I buy a new toy. I need only reference all the overpriced Coach and Juicy bags, 7-Jeans and MAC makeup I buy everytime I make the fatal mistake of going to the mall with her. Not a peep, until the next time I come home with another big black rifle.

That's why I'm buying mine the $600 diamond earrings, and I've bought her not 1, but 2 Coach purses, and lots of clothes and "stuff". It's so I can give her the "can't I get myself a little toy?" :cool:

jdberger
11-20-2006, 11:10 PM
...Plenty of money for guns. I also have a pretty good sideline that has afforded me many toys. Be creative ...

Ivanimal, not everyone has the body to be a male stripper...just rub it in, won't you?!:mad:

ivanimal
11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Ivanimal, not everyone has the body to be a male stripper...just rub it in, won't you?!:mad:

Those that know me are hurling as we speak! A visual of unspeakable horror.

gotgunz
11-21-2006, 9:26 AM
we aren't living together, we don't sleep with each other

Ummmmmm? Would you buy a car without test driving it first?

If this is not your thing due to upbringing or ??? I commend you for holding out. If I read your comment right, quoted above, I'd like you to talk to my daughter so she stays a virgin until at least 30!

Marriage has it's benefits (taxes are just one!) and it can be a great thing but don't ever think that it wont change because it will. Being submissive may be cool for you in the sack but in the relationship it will only breed discontent. Ask her dad, he should be able to describe it or ask yours.

You have heard the terms often used for describing female attorney's rights? It usually has something to do with breaking objects which are circular in shape, LOL.

Best of luck and don't get too flustered about the old ***** Aunt Flo, she shows up at the worst times and there is only one thing you can do to stop it and that option creates more excuses as to why you are not getting any (3 a.m. feedings usually dont create a proper mood for sex).

Best of luck

p.s. Ivanimal's way of keeping the expense checks works great in my house.

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Ummmmmm? Would you buy a car or a gun without test driving it first?

Not me :(

State licensed marriage has it's Pitfalls also and its my opinion that marriage can happen without the state issued license.

Look up the definition of License in her blacks law dictionary. The marriage license is one of the invisible contracts and unless you have full disclosure before doing the deed its considered fraud on the part of the entity issuing the license.

As humans we have a constitutional right to contract and that is just what marriage is but you do not have to include the state in this contract.

Neo if you want to know more about this PM me and ill give you everything you need to know and if your soon to be partner is in fact a law student she will most likely agree with me on this point

50ae
11-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Neo, ya'll sound like a very nice couple. Don't take what some of these cynical guys say about marriage the wrong way. I've had more than my fair share of fights with my wife but eight years later I still love being with her. Sure, she drives me freaking nuts at time but whaddya gonna do!!

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
50ae
If your speaking of what I had to say. For what its worth I have been married for the last 6 years and I love it. Its not marriage that I have an issue with its the State issued license that I'm opposed to.

Isn't it a bond between You and your wife what your looking to achieve ?

If this is truthfully the case why would you want the state involved in your marriage. On the other hand if you like having the state government in your business go for it.

As ive said in the past for information PM me.

EOR

Neo, ya'll sound like a very nice couple. Don't take what some of these cynical guys say about marriage the wrong way. I've had more than my fair share of fights with my wife but eight years later I still love being with her. Sure, she drives me freaking nuts at time but whaddya gonna do!!

50ae
11-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Naw Sam, not you in particular, just the whole shifting of the thread.

As far as your views on marriage, I couldn't agree more. I'm quite libertarian and that view is right up my alley.

SemiAutoSam
11-21-2006, 12:40 PM
50ae
What other traits are libertarian maybe that's my political affiliation ?
Ive always been a advocate of smaller government than we have at the present time.

I didn't mean to go off topic but then how long can you talk about the thread title "If she kills me, Please tell my guns that I loved them".

Naw Sam, not you in particular, just the whole shifting of the thread.

As far as your views on marriage, I couldn't agree more. I'm quite libertarian and that view is right up my alley.

50ae
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Well, I can only speak for myself but a lot of my views line up w/ libertarian so that is where I put myself.

Elimination of all this wasteful Fed Gov't spending of stuff not in the Constitution.
Elimination of welfare.
Enforcement of our borders.
States rights.
Loser and loser's lawyer pays on lost lawsuits.

I got a few more but I'm tired, darn insomnia due to working graveyard shift!!

koiloco
11-21-2006, 3:49 PM
Well, I can only speak for myself but a lot of my views line up w/ libertarian so that is where I put myself.

Elimination of all this wasteful Fed Gov't spending of stuff not in the Constitution.
Elimination of welfare.
Enforcement of our borders.
States rights.
Loser and loser's lawyer pays on lost lawsuits.

I got a few more but I'm tired, darn insomnia due to working graveyard shift!!

DAMN 50AE,

I'LL VOTE FOR YOU IF YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENT :)

NeoWeird
11-21-2006, 5:00 PM
Ummmmmm? Would you buy a car without test driving it first?

Well would you pay full price for a used car?

If this is not your thing due to upbringing or ??? I commend you for holding out. If I read your comment right, quoted above, I'd like you to talk to my daughter so she stays a virgin until at least 30!

It was my own choice, since I was a kid actually, to stay a virgin. As a young kid I got exposed to things I shouldn't have by the wrong people, and it made me very aware of the missuse of anything sexual. I grew up not wanting to hurt my future wife, so I never did anything with anyone that I might regret later. I am a one woman man, and I will stay that way for my entire life. As for your daughter, give her one of those books with crazy STD pictures and cross-examine, I mean meet, her potential boyfriends and always be cleaning your guns. :D

Marriage has it's benefits (taxes are just one!) and it can be a great thing but don't ever think that it wont change because it will. Being submissive may be cool for you in the sack but in the relationship it will only breed discontent. Ask her dad, he should be able to describe it or ask yours.

Maybe I didn't address it clearly. Of course our relationship will change, and it will change for the better and worse, but she will always be my best friend and I think she will see the same way. I have very few people I would consider my real friends (not counting shooting buddies) so her friendship is not something I take lightly.

As for everything else, I guess it will just be something to learn in time.

ps. 50AE for 2008 president!

gotgunz
11-21-2006, 6:56 PM
Well would you pay full price for a used car?

Depends on the list of options and what that particular model is but I see your point and it is a good one when put forthe this way.

It was my own choice, since I was a kid actually, to stay a virgin.

More power to you and I have to admire your ability to resist temptation; I would have had Carpul Tunnel (sp)and buck teeth by the age of 18!

and cross-examine, I mean meet, her potential boyfriends and always be cleaning your guns. :D

I intend to do just that!

As for everything else, I guess it will just be something to learn in time.

Boy you are in for a serious suprise on your wedding night! Contrary to what her mother may have told her, It is not possible to wear out your tallywhacker from using it too much! Go get some for all the rest of us that have been married for awhile, ROFL!

NeoWeird
11-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Boy you are in for a serious suprise on your wedding night! Contrary to what her mother may have told her, It is not possible to wear out your tallywhacker from using it too much! Go get some for all the rest of us that have been married for awhile, ROFL!

That made me laugh. Usually when stuff is funny I think it's funny, but that actually made me giggle. Thanks.

And since we are talking about two new cars, I have a pretty good feeling the motor break in process is going to either be a bit longer than normal, or very abrupt. Either way, you'll never hear about it. :D

gotgunz
11-24-2006, 6:15 PM
Either way, you'll never hear about it. :D

And THAT is a damn shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck!

Turbinator
11-27-2006, 2:13 PM
Seriously. So I tell my fiancee that I am going to do one more firearms puchase before the end of the year and after that I won't purchase anymore firearms until after we are settled (which means 3+ years since she will be in law school and I will be supporting the both of us).

Having been through a similar situation, I would suggest that you don't tell her that you're going to do a "last buy" because after you've made your last purchase, you'll ALWAYS just find that one other gun you wished you could buy. If possible, just work it such that you keep it open ended on the purchases. Let her buy what she wants, and have her let you buy what you want. Just make sure that your purchases are affordable and don't make it a race to see who can spend the most. If you make statements like "this will be my last purchase until we get stable" then you are pretty much cutting yourself out of any deals that will crop up during your blackout period. You'll kick yourself later for it, I believe.

Turby

Aluisious
11-27-2006, 2:19 PM
...and 8 pages later we have a great case study in why not to sign a contract giving a woman the right to your stuff if she becomes unhappy.

Sorry, had to throw in the troll!

NeoWeird
11-27-2006, 2:32 PM
Having been through a similar situation, I would suggest that you don't tell her that you're going to do a "last buy" because after you've made your last purchase, you'll ALWAYS just find that one other gun you wished you could buy. If possible, just work it such that you keep it open ended on the purchases. Let her buy what she wants, and have her let you buy what you want. Just make sure that your purchases are affordable and don't make it a race to see who can spend the most. If you make statements like "this will be my last purchase until we get stable" then you are pretty much cutting yourself out of any deals that will crop up during your blackout period. You'll kick yourself later for it, I believe.

Turby

Yeah, I know that already, as I had to pass up a Sig in .357 the other day. I couldn't afford it, but I probably would have put it on lay-a-way or something just to get it. I think it was $700 for a P229 factory refinished with both the .357 and .40 barrels. I am glad I didn't touch it or I would have gotten it.

Also, I made sure that it was understood that it was NOT until we were 'stable' but until we were 'settled' where we were going to live (we've already had the talk that 'stable' doesn't happen, and if you are, you might as well retire). I figure I can spend my time learning to reload, doing cusom work, making longguns, etc. while she is in school so we can put as much money aside as we can. The plan is to have as much money when she graduates so we can get a new car for her to take to work, and possibly get started on a house, then we will pick up the bills and I can pursue the firearms industry more actively. After that, life happens and we will eat/sleep/work like everyone else.

In all honesty, the fact that I am getting married is slowly sinking in and every now and then I get hit with the "oh my God....it's only 4 months away" thought that just stops me in my tracks. It's not fear driven, more like a kid on Christmas eve that can't get to sleep. That nervous excitement. I can't wait.