PDA

View Full Version : going on my first pig hunt in 4 hours

cnyankee
11-17-2006, 9:37 PM
it being my first time i dont expect to be sucessful with pig but in the afternoon wil be going after birds and i expect to have success there. wil let you know how i did. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/icons/icon10.gif

big jon
11-17-2006, 9:44 PM
Best of luck on your hunt,

ivanimal
11-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Keep a slug handy if you see a piggie while bird huntin! I love to hunt Pigs!:D

madjack956
11-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Good Luck.. I got a frend that goes to central CA. every year to pig hunt. He usually loads my freezer with meat when he comes back. GOOD FRIEND!

Me Like Pig

Blue
11-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Is there a limit on pig?

dw1784
11-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Is there a limit on pig?

no limit, hunt yr round if u like:)

good luck, cnyankee! can't wait4 the details:)

edwardm
11-18-2006, 6:12 AM
it being my first time i dont expect to be sucessful with pig but in the afternoon wil be going after birds and i expect to have success there. wil let you know how i did. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Hey, you never know. Beginner's luck and all that stuff.

When I'm out looking for tasty animals to add to my freezer, the most important thing is to remember that you're there to enjoy yourself and have fun. :) And of course when I'm looking for critters, I sometimes catch myself daydreaming about what it must have been like a thousand or five thousand years ago for a bunch of hungry hunters out looking for their next meal and how there is a connection, albeit tenuous, between myself and them.

Take it for what it's worth. :)

metalhead357
11-18-2006, 6:48 AM
Is there a limit on pig?

Only limit is what you've bought in Pig tags............. open year round as already noted;)

chris
11-18-2006, 8:15 AM
good luck and have fun.

cnyankee
11-20-2006, 5:23 PM
being new to pig hunting i went with friends that i thought had gone before. they hadnt. when we got to the spot they scouted a couple weeks before i realised that we were on hunter ligget property. i asked them if they had permits to hunt on the fort. they didnt and they didnt know you needed one. (we sent off the money to get annual permits today.) they dont hunt illegally they just didnt know so we went though the fort into los padres. found a rugged spot and found signs and heard grunts but never sighted one. spent the afternoon shooting a few birds then went back to hunter ligget to look at the spot they scouted earlier and it looks very promising. lots of signs. all in all it was a good learning experience and i didnt expect to get one my forst time out i did get what i expected. a great time on a great day outdoors and thats what it realy is all about. and i will get a pig by the end of march. will be going out at least every other week for them.:D

also any helpful hints im all ears