PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting logged out?

esskay
11-17-2006, 7:55 PM
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing my problem...
I keep getting logged out each time I return to the site in a new session. I check the box whenever I log in, cookies are enabled, I don't have this problem with any other sites.... in fact I never had this problem with Calguns until a week or two ago... anyone help?

Scarecrow Repair
11-17-2006, 8:10 PM
cookies are enabled
I have this same problem once or twice a month with various sites. Using either mozilla or firefox, occasionally some site will want to set another cookie, and my reflex action is to just Say No. All I can suggest is, if you are using mozilla or firefox, check the cookies, both as calguns.net and www.calguns.net. Probably not it, but it can't hurt to check.

6172crew
11-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing my problem...
I keep getting logged out each time I return to the site in a new session. I check the box whenever I log in, cookies are enabled, I don't have this problem with any other sites.... in fact I never had this problem with Calguns until a week or two ago... anyone help?
Did you delete your old cookies? I was having the same issue before I cleaned house.

NeoWeird
11-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah, try deleting old cookies on your computer. You could be getting conflicting cookies and your browser just doesn't know what to do with them, so it loads neither/both.

As for every two or so months having to get new cookies, that is a security feature on MANY sites. I think the logic behind it is they don't want people selling a used computer that they haven't used in a year and have the new buyer find out they have access to all their accounts/information. Not such a big deal on a place like Calguns, but then again you don't know.

Redchevyman
11-18-2006, 3:50 PM
I was having the same problem. I cleared the cookies and have been logged on all day without a problem. Thanks for the tip.

Smokeybehr
11-18-2006, 4:40 PM
I was having the same problem. I cleared the cookies and have been logged on all day without a problem. Thanks for the tip.

+1

I visit from at least 4 different computers, so the cookies can get a little screwed up at times, and getting rid of the stale cookies and getting fresh is always best.

esskay
11-19-2006, 6:42 PM
Thanks guys! I had 2 cookies for calguns, so I deleted them both, relogged in and now all appears to be well again.