PDA

View Full Version : OLL Question (how original...)

Patriot
11-17-2006, 6:53 PM
If I want to put together a fixed mag OLL w/ just the stripped lower, fixed mag, and pistol grip what parts do I need?

1) Stripped OLL
2) Mag
3) Mag Kit
4) Pistol Grip + Screw

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

SemiAutoSam
11-17-2006, 6:56 PM
LPK, Buttstock ????? or you just want to keep it legal?

Keeping it a detachable / gripless would be cheaper maybe

Shane916
11-17-2006, 6:59 PM
yeah definately cant forget the LPK! it would be rather difficult to shoot without it :)

Patriot
11-17-2006, 6:59 PM
Right now I just want the bare minimum to qualify for a list - however unlikely :rolleyes: - as either a named receiver (pick one) or a "feature ban." So I want to put together one w/ a PG and fixed mag. Nothing else just yet.

PIRATE14
11-17-2006, 7:03 PM
If I want to put together a fixed mag OLL w/ just the stripped lower, fixed mag, and pistol grip what parts do I need?

1) Stripped OLL
2) Mag
3) Mag Kit
4) Pistol Grip + Screw

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Well you could always buy a complete rifle, 10rd mag and mag kit....

OLL
LPK
BUTT KIT
MAG
MAG KIT
complete UPPER

You'd be good ta go for a fixed mag........

if you use a A2 butt
no grip
monster man or similar
Upper w/ muzzle brake

:D

SemiAutoSam
11-17-2006, 7:04 PM
Well in that case buy one of my locks and a 10 round mag from 10% and your all set.

providing you have the lower.

cornholio1
11-17-2006, 7:20 PM
Heres a link for the LPK (lower parts kit)

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=877204
Pistol GRIP part of the kit

You can find a buttstock Assembly from the same website.

I really like the Prince Locked Mag Design!

Fjold
11-17-2006, 7:30 PM

1) Stripped OLL
2) Mag
3) Mag Kit
4) Pistol Grip + Screw

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

If you just want to mount the features on a bare receiver so that you can say that you had them in place in case the DOJ lists built receivers, then you would need:
1) Stripped OLL
2) Mag
3) Fixed Mag Kit
4) Pistol Grip + Screw
5) Mag release assembly (The fixed mag kits don't come with the release itself, just the release button or a replacement for it).

Patriot
11-17-2006, 7:44 PM
One more question: where can I find one of those $0.99 pistol grips so often referenced?

Fjold
11-17-2006, 7:52 PM
One more question: where can I find one of those $0.99 pistol grips so often referenced?

Normally I'd mail you one for the postage cost but I need my extra one to mount on a bare OLL with my extra maglock kit in case the DOJ lists for only built receivers.
:D

Joe
11-17-2006, 7:58 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=615714

cornholio1
11-17-2006, 8:07 PM

The pistol grip is part of the lower parts kit dude. I already link you in my original post.

Patriot
11-17-2006, 8:25 PM
Yes, I saw that. Thanks btw, cornholio1. :)

If I did end up getting the OLL and assorted parts it'd be on a real tight budget, so I'd probably just get the PG at first.

Blue
11-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Why not just buy a stripped lower and sit on that for a while? It's going to be no different legally if you pin a mag in it or just let it sit stripped. Then you're not out buying odds and ends that will be in an LPK when you buy it down the road.

NeoWeird
11-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, it's not like ban day the DOJ is going to visit EVERY house to see who has mag locks or not, nor would they ask to see your mag locks after reverting the rifles back to 'evil' and even if they did it's not like you wouldn't have time to make some mag locks.

Still, you should be legal which is why I put mag locks on ALL my stripped receivers. :rolleyes:

Tzvia
11-18-2006, 1:53 PM
Right now I just want the bare minimum to qualify for a list - however unlikely :rolleyes: - as either a named receiver (pick one) or a "feature ban." So I want to put together one w/ a PG and fixed mag. Nothing else just yet.

I was thinking along the same lines and did not want to really put together my extra OLL's. So I went to Brownells and ordered enough mag catches and buttons to get a mag attached to my 4 extra lowers. I'll drill and tap the buttons and insert a setscrew and I'm done for much less than the cost of one lpk. I already have extra pistol grips from LPK's that I did not use and the tools to drill and tap.