View Full Version : BHP conversion legal?

04-19-2011, 9:54 PM

I was thinking about getting this for my FM browning hi-power.

1 problem.... It has a threaded barrel. Which tightens the slide together and makes the slide work.

Is it legal?

Here is a link to a overview of the conversion: This has pics of the threaded barrel and slide assembly.

04-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Cant get the pictures to load.

Connor P Price
04-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Threaded Barrel=Bad

I don't see this as an exception.

04-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Ya, I was thinking that too.

But... a cap covers the threads at the end of the barrel. No threads extend past the cap, from what I can see. And the firearm will not function without the threaded adjustment cap that covers the threads.

04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Will it function if you replace the cap w/say a suppresor? Or is it impossible to put a suppresor on because as soon as that cap comes off then the firearm wont work?
Thats how I would approach it, if I were asking my local CLEO about it. Then there might be a way to "pin" and weld the cap so it can't come off. That idea is out if removing the cap is required for dis-assemly/cleaning.

04-19-2011, 11:26 PM
ugh. I hate california. ill just scrap this idea i guess.

04-19-2011, 11:41 PM
It's possible with a magazine lock, or if you want to keep the conversion on the frame, red locktite on the bushing is enough to eliminate the threads (at least according to the DOJ's communication with Smith & Wesson / Walther).