PDA

View Full Version : FS: WW-II M-1 Garand originally from CMP

anotherone
11-17-2006, 11:48 AM
I've decided to finally sell my old CMP M-1 Garand. For some time it was a lot of fun and I probably shot it around 100 times. But over time this gun has become a safe queen and it's time to put her in the hands of someone else who will enjoy her on the weekends. This sale will be taking place in the Greater Sacramento Area and the price is $899 plus $25 shipping.

For all you history buffs here is the information:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/kphga1977/P1010051-2.jpg

This rifle is US Rifle Cal. 30 M-1 Springfield Armory in .30-06. It is one of the late war Garand manufactured by Springfield Armory. The serial number is 2106XXX which I believe places this gun around late 1943/early 1944. The barrel is stamped 3-s-a-4-44 so this gun was rebarreled mid-war in 1944. The bore is about 85% and shoots very nicely (I didn't use corrosive ammo and neither should you!). The rifle sling is identical to the GI slings used in WW-II but is a Korean sling.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/kphga1977/P1010052-2.jpg

As you can see from the cartouche on the stock, this rifle was sent to Red River Armory in Texas after the war. It was restocked there and was presumably put into storage after that. This is an excellent WW-II M-1 Garand and these rifles are not getting any easier to find. I am asking $899 for this peice of American History and that includes shipping and a couple Garand clips.

Remember locals don't pay shipping so save cash with a FTF! I also accept paypal!

PLINK
11-17-2006, 5:36 PM
Nice rifle. Too bad I just sent of my $$ to CMP for one of their Service Grades. What's the price for us local guys?

NeoWeird
11-17-2006, 5:56 PM
Please keep in mind that it is NOT legal to sell and ship longguns to someone's door. This is only legal when the longgun is coming from out of state. In this state it HAS to be face to face for a C&R rifle to be transfered without an FFL present.

Blue
11-17-2006, 6:57 PM
Please keep in mind that it is NOT legal to sell and ship longguns to someone's door. This is only legal when the longgun is coming from out of state. In this state it HAS to be face to face for a C&R rifle to be transfered without an FFL present.

Even if the buyer has a C&R license?

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-17-2006, 8:29 PM
If the buyer has a C & R I believe the firearm can be sent directly.

NeoWeird
11-17-2006, 8:34 PM
I'm having trouble finding it, but from what I remember the only exceptions to the 10 day wait was when you received it from family via several methods (inheritance, spousal/parental gift, etc), importation of C&R longguns to a C&R holder, and face to face when the longgun is 50+ years of age. For some reason the DOJ has removed the entire Dangerous Weapons Law text from their website (it's only in pdf now) so I can't do searches like I used it and it's making it harder to find what I'm looking for.

I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that C&R license or not, 50+ year old rifles were either face to face or sent to a dealer.

wayoutwest
11-17-2006, 8:43 PM
A Garand is on my need to buy list but a little too much for me.

Looks great though

anotherone
11-17-2006, 9:00 PM
Due to the penalties invloved in any transgression of the law and the powers that be (ahem DOJ), I will be requiring that any purchaser use an FFL to transfer this firearm or have a C&R FFL (I will ship to C&R FFL holders upon furnishing me a copy of their license). I hate to be mirroring some of the more paranoid vendors out there but the price of a mistake is simply too high for me not to take this precaution. I hope you guys understand.

That being said this is a great gun and it's almost painful to part with it. Like I said though it's become a safe queen and really deserves to be in the hands of someone who's going to enjoy her company at the range more often.

anotherone
11-17-2006, 9:05 PM
Nice rifle. Too bad I just sent of my $$ to CMP for one of their Service Grades. What's the price for us local guys?

After various feedback I have lowered the price to $899 and the shipping is now billed seperately at $25. That way it is clear who gets which price.

anotherone
11-20-2006, 10:11 PM
I hate to post this many times on my own sale, but I just wanted to add that I will throw in a TON of garand clips if you buy this gun from me :D!

SKSPOWER650
11-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Thats A Good Deal