PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY BIRTHDAY The Shot Heard Round the World!

Liberty1
04-19-2011, 3:05 AM
ICjL9yau-jk

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ICjL9yau-jk

sMYQFpPovfQ

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sMYQFpPovfQ

AhdmDDBjco0

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ICjL9yau-jk

sLLg7l_rSuY

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=sLLg7l_rSuY

jshoebot
04-19-2011, 3:23 AM
Happy Patriot's Day!!

You should also include a link for those of us who can't see embedded video ;)

Liberty1
04-19-2011, 3:48 AM
IaRCFpH27-w

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=IaRCFpH27-w

NAA8gRlL0f8

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=NAA8gRlL0f8

VictorFranko
04-19-2011, 4:29 AM
Little known or cared about anniversary in American history.
Sad.......
I plan on telling every person I encounter today what this day is and what it means to the freedoms the enjoy today.

jshoebot
04-19-2011, 4:36 AM
Sad.......
I plan on telling every person I encounter today what this day is and what it means to the freedoms the enjoy today.

Agreed. They never teach in schools how important the day was. Honestly, I believe 4/19/1775 is more important than 7/4/1776. Lexington Green on April 19, 1775 was where we REALLY decided we were independent. Down with the British! :D

choprzrul
04-19-2011, 6:36 AM
Sad.......

I posted a short Lexington & Concord account on my Facebook and then posted a detailed account of Captain Samuel Whittmore.

Appleseed will go a long ways towards correcting the perception of this day specifically, and the Revolutionary War in general.

yellowfin
04-19-2011, 6:38 AM
The reason they don't teach it in schools is because schools don't believe in freedom and seem to be working hard to get kids to like a government that doesn't want it either.

foesgth
04-19-2011, 6:42 AM
BOSTON, April 19 - National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimated that 72 were killed and more than 20 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices.

The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons. Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early April between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms. One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned their weapons over voluntarily."

"Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans.

During a tense standoff in Lexington's town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor has also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.

Andy Taylor
04-19-2011, 6:57 AM
BOSTON, April 19 - National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimated that 72 were killed and more than 20 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices.

The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons. Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early April between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms. One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned their weapons over voluntarily."

"Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans.

During a tense standoff in Lexington's town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor has also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.

Well written. I hope you don't mind, I posted this on my FB.

jshoebot
04-19-2011, 7:01 AM
BOSTON, April 19

Boston's Gun Bible? :thumbsup:

johnny_22
04-19-2011, 7:17 AM
We were taught about "the shot heard round the world" back in grammar school (1960s). At first I thought if it was that loud, why wasn't everyone deaf?

But, even today,my office has hanging the Gunsite calendar marking Patriots' Day with a flag.

Al Norris
04-19-2011, 7:43 AM
Brilliant foesgth! I posted this at TFL.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 8:24 AM
Thanks for the post. It's nice to have a refresher of our history. It's amazing how much wasn't covered in history classes.

ubet
04-19-2011, 8:45 AM
I posted this to my FB.

Happy Patriot Day! 236 Years ago today, was the day "the shot that was heard around the world". 236 Years ago today, American Colonists refused to surrender their weapons at Lexington/Concord to an imposing British government; the Revolutionary War was started. The birth of the greatest nation in the world took place.

God Bless America!

Liberty1
04-21-2011, 1:02 AM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=DKd1IIjtaa0

DKd1IIjtaa0

Mulay El Raisuli
04-21-2011, 4:01 AM
Brilliant foesgth! I posted this at TFL.

Let me add my kudos as well, foesgth.

The Raisuli