PDA

View Full Version : 22lr 1911 or others.

StudioDison
04-19-2011, 1:09 AM
Any 22lr 1911s legal here in кдlifoяniд? Thanx. I dont want a conversion because I dont have a .45 1911.
Or what Ca legal 22lr pistols are avail? Is there a list somewere?

rubber duckie
04-19-2011, 1:38 AM
you will have to go through the roster. the only one i know off hand would be kimbers. sig makes one that is not on roster, but it looks exactly like the GSG one rebranded also not on the roster.

if you look through this section there is a post about first .22lr pistol, they name off a couple of the ones that are legal.

why not just buy something that offers a conversion? you get a great home defense gun , plus conversion for cheap range fun. the kimber is kind of expensive to only allow one caliber. for the price if a .22 kimber you can get a rock island in .45 then a kimber .22 conversion.

sephy
04-19-2011, 2:28 AM
If you like 1911s you can get the 22/45 which is marketed as a trainer for the 1911. Plenty of parts out there for them as well http://www.ruger.com/products/2245/index.html

StudioDison
04-19-2011, 8:22 AM
you will have to go through the roster. the only one i know off hand would be kimbers. sig makes one that is not on roster, but it looks exactly like the GSG one rebranded also not on the roster.

if you look through this section there is a post about first .22lr pistol, they name off a couple of the ones that are legal.

why not just buy something that offers a conversion? you get a great home defense gun , plus conversion for cheap range fun. the kimber is kind of expensive to only allow one caliber. for the price if a .22 kimber you can get a rock island in .45 then a kimber .22 conversion.

I have a p229 that there is a conversion for but I don't like how the slide wont lock back on the last shot.

StudioDison
04-19-2011, 8:23 AM
Thanx Sephy.

big50_1
04-19-2011, 9:54 AM
Got a Kadet .22 conversion to go along with my CZ 75B SA in 9mm. Not 1911 but was able to get rid of several .22 pistols because the Kadet conversion was that good. The 75B SA has a good trigger that I worked on by dry firing about 5,000 times with snap caps. A decent 1911 in .45 ACP/.40 S&W/9mm (.38 Super if you like) plus a Marvel or other good .22 conversion works well. I'm happy with my conversion.

bartt
04-21-2011, 8:52 PM
If you want a 1911 get a 45.
If you want 22 pistol you can select from rugers, S&W, barretta, sig. If you can find it an old High Standard is a nice target pistol too.
Just got my wife a sig mosquito cause it fits her hand. It is picky about ammo, but if kept clean, and lubed it works fine. 22lr doesn't have to poop to run a dirty or sticky gun.
HTH...

DaveFJ80
04-21-2011, 10:18 PM
sig makes one that is not on roster, but it looks exactly like the GSG one rebranded also not on the roster.

The Sig 1911 .22LR and the GSG 1911 .22LR are obviously made by the same manufacturer, sans a few differences like logos and grips. They'll probably even use the same magazines, which have a small notch on them to catch the mag disconnect lever that's in the mainspring housing (very easy to remove since it sucks with it in there... first mod I did when I got home with it).

The real question will be if the Sig 1911 will come with a non-threaded barrel. GSG sells a couple different 'models' of their .22LR 1911's and they all use the same threaded barrels. Even with a cap on it, it's still removable to expose the threads, which is illegal in CA. So unless Sig permanently affixes the cap to the barrel to make it a non-threaded barrel (which would be cheaper than having a completely new barrel made), then the gun will be easier to bring into CA and perform the single-shot conversion.