PDA

View Full Version : Russian Gunner web site

Palmaris
04-18-2011, 9:05 PM
Hello guys!
I don't know how to start and not sure if this is right forum. If it is wrong, please move it.
Here it is-there is web site of guns enthusiast with russian roots living in USA and it was awarded with NRA grant. It is not huge community, but all of them real enthusiast. There are some members from Russia itself, but most is from USA.
http://russiangunner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1527

rivraton
04-18-2011, 9:19 PM
Я не понимаю ни слова об этом! :confused:

Palmaris
04-18-2011, 9:32 PM
Я не понимаю ни слова об этом! :confused:

Я тебе помогу. Какую часть ты не понял? Which part you don't understand? There is community of guns enthusiast with Russian roots living in USA. I am one of them. I think it is opportunity for all of us to show that there are no boundaries by roots. Also, that web site was recognized by NRA for "popularization of firearms".

Palmaris
04-18-2011, 9:36 PM
I am sory to everybody, that web site is on russian and most likely not too many people will understand.

Yugo
04-18-2011, 9:40 PM
Я тебе помогу. Какую часть ты не понял? Which part you don't understand? There is community of guns enthusiast with Russian roots living in USA. I am one of them. I think it is opportunity for all of us to show that there are no boundaries by roots. Also, that web site was recognized by NRA for "popularization of firearms".
I think he was being sarcastic

Yugo
04-18-2011, 9:42 PM
kleova vse nashi is it based out of west hollywood? Do you know who started it or you just came across it.

Palmaris
04-18-2011, 9:46 PM
kleova vse nashi is it based out of west hollywood? Do you know who started it or you just came across it.
I think most of them from "free states". I was actually referred there by friend from Russia couple of month ago. Unfortunately it is not huge and it is not active as Calguns, but if we, all russians enthusiast will go there-it will be pay back time. And all of them definitely support us here in Cali.

rivraton
04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Sorry, it was not meant to offend. I actually think it's a great site (I used Google translator to read some of it) You might want to add a translator link so non-russian speakers can participate... Again I am sorry if I offended you.

Palmaris
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Sorry, it was not meant to offend. I actually think it's a great site (I used Google translator to read some of it) You might want to add a translator link so non-russian speakers can participate... Again I am sorry if I offended you.
It is all good. You just posted on russian and I was confused that you telling me you don't understand russian on russian. LOL. No offense was taking whatsoever.

Palmaris
04-18-2011, 10:46 PM
I think this will work. It is not perfect, but everybody will understand idea:
http://translation.babylon.com/english/to-russian/

CCWFacts
04-18-2011, 10:51 PM
I think it's great to have sites like this. There's also a very active Indian site (http://indiansforguns.com/), mostly for Indians in India. These are great developments. The more outreach we have, including to communities here and around the world, the more it will benefit all of us.

Palmaris
04-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Russians, in generally speaking, are very familiar with firearms due to the fact that all of us was drafted to military one way or other. And not only familiar, it was/is part of culture and all russians love firearms (at list most of them from what I know). Before communists took over power in 1917 a lot of families had firearms, but since 1917 people was desarmed and all type of firearms exsept shotguns for hunting and some sporting was prohibited. Now is pretty much the same.

Chatterbox
04-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Я туда как то заходил, но было довольно пусто. Сечас вроде немножко ожило.

П.С Кстати, наверно всеже лучше было эту тему начать в General Discussions.

mosinnagantm9130
04-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Damn, if I could read cyrllic I'd bring my mosin love over there.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 3:48 PM
Russians, in generally speaking, are very familiar with firearms due to the fact that all of us was drafted to military one way or other. And not only familiar, it was/is part of culture and all russians love firearms (at list most of them from what I know). Before communists took over power in 1917 a lot of families had firearms, but since 1917 people was desarmed and all type of firearms exsept shotguns for hunting and some sporting was prohibited. Now is pretty much the same.

My Great Great (?) Grandfather was a guard for the Czar at that time. He and his family fled to Los Angeles area. If they didn't make it to the states they would have been killed, and I wouldn't be here today. Unfortunately I don't speak a word of Russian, and don't know much else about my roots from that region.

Ergo the Qualmed
04-19-2011, 3:58 PM
Очень хорошо! я думаю, я изучаю русски язык в это, потому что это интересно. все любить винтовка!!

Wow, I hope that makes sense. My Russian is quite плохо, unfortunately.

frankm
04-19-2011, 4:47 PM

Awesome. We love your firearms. Hope you love ours, like Winchesters, .44 Magnum revolvers, etc. :)

Ergo the Qualmed
04-19-2011, 5:02 PM
Awesome. We love your firearms. Hope you love ours, like Winchesters, .44 Magnum revolvers, etc. :)

Well, I know Winchester made Schofield revolvers in .44 Russian for the Tsar's forces way back when...they were subsequently reverse-engineered and mass produced and the contract cancelled, so I guess they must have liked them! :D

mosinnagantm9130
04-19-2011, 5:14 PM
Well, I know Winchester made Schofield revolvers in .44 Russian for the Tsar's forces way back when...they were subsequently reverse-engineered and mass produced and the contract cancelled, so I guess they must have liked them! :D

Russia made copies of the Colt 1851 Navy, and I think yur talking about the S&W No.3 revolvers. Those were copied and produced at Ludwig Loewe and Tula.

Ergo the Qualmed
04-19-2011, 5:25 PM
Russia made copies of the Colt 1851 Navy, and I think yur talking about the S&W No.3 revolvers. Those were copied and produced at Ludwig Loewe and Tula.

Herp derp on my part haha--yeah, I meant Schofield #3 by S&W, not Winchester...lulz