PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck in Sacramento. Should I go hassle the Legislature?

Dreaded Claymore
04-18-2011, 2:24 PM
My father and his girlfriend have gone on a diving expedition to an island off the coast of Honduras for two weeks and I'm house-sitting for her while they're away. So I'm sitting around in Sacramento, trying not to get really bored.

Is there anything that needs personal attention from an ordinary Calgunner in the capital right now? Any legislators whose doors I should knock on, any meetings I should sit in on?

Wernher von Browning
04-18-2011, 3:20 PM
Is there anything that needs personal attention from an ordinary Calgunner in the capital right now? Any legislators whose doors I should knock on, any meetings I should sit in on?

Don't know about that, but if you don't have anything else to do, howbout...

http://www.csrmf.org/
(web site design isn't exactly exciting -- but the equipment there might be, depending on how you're twisted)

I was going to suggest the Delta King (riverboat), but it's apparently mostly a hotel not museum.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32999-d127612-Reviews-California_Automobile_Museum-Sacramento_California.html

Aha! Gun connection!
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32999-d127639-Reviews-California_Military_Museum-Sacramento_California.html

ubet
04-18-2011, 3:43 PM
you can go and shoot up at sac valley. Damned good place.

Stonewalker
04-18-2011, 3:59 PM
Most of the legislature doesn't live here.. I suppose you could go talk to Jerry Brown though! He lives in a loft on 16th and J I believe.

Drivedabizness
04-18-2011, 4:00 PM
you can go and shoot up at sac valley. Damned good place.

I assume he means "shoot guns" ;)

Window_Seat
04-18-2011, 5:18 PM
Since 2A rights reform is going through the courts, uniform speed limits are in order. I could put some stuff together, and think I might head out that way someday real soon for that purpose.

Erik.

AyatollahGondola
04-18-2011, 8:16 PM
My father and his girlfriend have gone on a diving expedition to an island off the coast of Honduras for :twoweeks: and I'm house-sitting for her while they're away. So I'm sitting around in Sacramento, trying not to get really bored.

There are committee meetings on tuesday..tomorrow...that you can attend and comment during. There is an ammo bill up in committee tomorrow.

A.B. No. 613 Hagman. Ammunition

Scratch that above. Apparently the new daily file is out already and things have changed. I'm not showing anything for tomorrow now

The legislature is in spring recess right now

Dreaded Claymore
04-18-2011, 8:50 PM
Scratch that above. Apparently the new daily file is out already and things have changed. I'm not showing anything for tomorrow now

The legislature is in spring recess right now

Can you show me where these schedules are posted?

Rugerdaddy
04-18-2011, 11:14 PM
My father and his girlfriend have gone on a diving expedition to an island off the coast of Honduras for two weeks and I'm house-sitting for her while they're away. So I'm sitting around in Sacramento, trying not to get really bored.

Is there anything that needs personal attention from an ordinary Calgunner in the capital right now?

There's nothing to do in Sacramento, but not far outside the city is a little town called Wilton. Some of the residents' pickup trucks are dirty and could use a a good washing. Particularly the blue Dodge RAM 2500 on the right, just past the mailboxes. The soap and sponges are just inside the garage on the right side. Thanks. Have fun. :)

AyatollahGondola
04-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Can you show me where these schedules are posted?

I sent that via your pm, but keep in mind that the legislature is back in attack mode next week, and you'll still be here. If you are still interested, I'd be glad to meet up with you for a committee meeting and a tour of your reps office

jshoebot
04-18-2011, 11:35 PM
There's nothing to do in Sacramento, but not far outside the city is a little town called Wilton. Some of the residents' pickup trucks are dirty and could use a a good washing. Particularly the blue Dodge RAM 2500 on the right, just past the mailboxes. The soap and sponges are just inside the garage on the right side. Thanks. Have fun. :)

I lol'd :rofl:

boxbro
04-19-2011, 8:30 AM

Happiness Is a Warm Gun. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness_Is_a_Warm_Gun)

qE2Vdcv9Q_o

cmichini
04-19-2011, 8:34 AM
I'd suggest to go fling poop at the monkeys in the cages. After all, I was taught that 'turnabout is fair play'.

Vladimir
04-19-2011, 1:16 PM

LOL :rofl2:

creekside
04-19-2011, 5:18 PM

Go to your legislator's offices and meet their staff. Identify yourself as a constituent. Express yourself briefly on the state budget issue. Express yourself further on your right to keep and bear arms, and how serious issues such as the state budget should take precedence over more gun laws that will be overturned in pending litigation anyway. Thank the staff for their time and be sure to get their business cards -- provide yours if you have them.