PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Kimber Grand Raptor II

tiki
11-16-2006, 9:21 AM
Hi,
I would like to buy a Kimber Grand Raptor II.
T.

Kruzr
11-16-2006, 9:45 AM
That's going to be a bit difficult since the Grand Raptor hasn't been submitted for testing and it's not on the approved list. With the gun being out less than a year now, your only chance would be to find a used one for sale by someone who purchased the gun out of state and moved here since.

Good Luck!

tiki
11-16-2006, 10:17 AM
That's going to be a bit difficult since the Grand Raptor hasn't been submitted for testing and it's not on the approved list. With the gun being out less than a year now, your only chance would be to find a used one for sale by someone who purchased the gun out of state and moved here since.
Good Luck!

Either that or a LEO who has one. I was told that LEOs can buy them if they aren't on the roster. I called Kimber and they said that they have no intention of submitting them.

tenpercentfirearms
11-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Either that or a LEO who has one. I was told that LEOs can buy them if they aren't on the roster. I called Kimber and they said that they have no intention of submitting them.
Don't tell Kimber, but their customer service has made me decide to not be a Kimber Master Dealer anymore. They won't sell non-approved guns to me even though it is perfectly legal for me to turn around and sell them out of state, they don't submit their most demanded guns for testing, and they do the old, "We don't like to shop magazines unless we are shipping a gun with them too" bull crap. Good bye Kimber. They still make good handguns, I just don't want to hassle with them anymore.

saki302
11-19-2006, 1:18 AM
I love my OLD Kimber Gold match (pre-FP safety). It's tight enough to turn in excellent groups and feels great. At the SHOT show, I handled some of the newer Kimbers and was not impressed- they rattled around when shook.. kinda like the old Springfields. I handled and shot a fellow shooter's Kimber Team Match, and it was loose too- didn't group nearly as good as my old Gold Match either.
Ont he other hand, the NEW Springfield 1911's were tight as heck, and smooth as glass. So I took my $$ and got a TRP operator instead of a Team Match :D

-Dave